PDA

View Full Version : Just got my dm800...

wabe
07-01-2009, 02:08 PM
Got my new dm800 yesterday and started fiddling with. Managed to flash the latest Nabilo into flash (didn't succeed with Pure and Barry Allen to create multiboot but will try again). I managed to make basic setup and scanned for channels on satellites Thor & Sirius.
What's next step? Which cams should I install and how do I configure?
I'm in Sweden with providers Viasat & Canal Digital

sonic1
07-01-2009, 02:20 PM
I assume you have a local card so download CCcam 2.0.11 complete and see what happens.
Green button> then Yellow button to access the addon menu.

wabe
07-01-2009, 03:10 PM
Thanks for a quick reply. Is it sufficient to download this cam without doing any manual configuration??
Also I have two card would like to have a solution that makes it possible to run w/o the cards in the card slot all times (impossible to have two cards in one slot at all times :-).
I've tried to read on this and other forums about ccam and other "cams". A combination that is often mentioned is ccam + mgcamd but I have not grasped what benefits are.

sonic1
07-01-2009, 03:18 PM
CCcam and Mgcamd are emulators that work either solely as a card/ key reader or in conjunction with NewCS.
Some cards work straight away with CCcam and others need some changes to the CCcam.cfg
Test and see what happens with the cards.
The solution to use both your cards is to use a smargo USB card reader in one of your USB slots.

wabe
08-01-2009, 04:27 PM
Thanks again! I did as you said and installed ccam. Worked perfectly with one of my cards straight away! Up and running!!