PDA

View Full Version : England cricket team chaos

KoFi
07-01-2009, 08:36 PM
chaos 4 England cricket team!!

k.p. resigns/ moore sacked

should he have been the captain
(previous media reports alledged he played for England because he was not good enough to play for S.A.)

I personally think he is overrated
he would Not make My world 11 not world class by a long way
why did he choose England ? at the time he would not have made the S.A Team

his actions have shown this today.he walks away instead of trying to compromise.he has done similar at county level.

noel750
07-01-2009, 08:41 PM
its the management thats the problem not the players,they are still living in the old days

KoFi
07-01-2009, 08:49 PM
its the management thats the problem not the players,they are still living in the old days

Management and oldschool are behind there times I agree
however the issue in this poll is k.p. related

grumpyy
08-01-2009, 08:38 AM
I don't see how you can isolate him from the surrounding cir***stances, it's a flawed poll - the cir***stance is not solely about Pietersen.

Plus ability as a captain and ability as a player without captaincy have nothing to do with each other.

The obvious parallel is Botham who went out and whupped the Aussies after he quit the captaincy.

Anyway cricket has gone to the dogs, we have batsmen being called batters - with not a fish'n'chip shop in sight. :D

keith mawer
08-01-2009, 11:25 AM
reminds me i love rock and chips!

chopper1
08-01-2009, 11:43 AM
The captain and manager have to be working well together, if not as in this case something has to give and they have both gone. I think KP is a great player and can change a game in a short space of time, just hope he dos'ent throw the head up now and refuse to play at all. England need a new manager asap with the Windies tour in less than 2 weeks and Aussies at home this summer. Pleased that Strauss got the new Captains job.
Chopper.

crabber
08-01-2009, 01:01 PM
What a b*llocks although Strauss did well when given the captain's job before.
We have the ashes coming up with the arrogant ******s sorry I mean Australia in their weakest position for a while and we seem to have shot ourselves in both feet.

grumpyy
08-01-2009, 03:29 PM
Cheer up!

It's not totally irretrievable.................... .

They haven't yet begun calling bowlers - pitchers :respect-066:

bonovox
08-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I can't quite agree with the statement that KP is overrated. Easily one of the top 5 batsman in the world and Englands best batsman. No he didn't choose to play for England cos he wasn't good enough for South Africa. He chose England as he didn't agree with South Africas quota system of picking players. They HAD to have a certain amount of black players in their team/squad and this meant other maybe more talented players missing out due to the colour of their skin. I don't know whether this still exists in SA but this was all happening after they got rid of apartheid, so it kinda was like showing the rest of the world that they were being fair to black players. KP didn't agree with this and spent 7 years in England so he could qualify to become an England player.

As for this debacle, I think he bit off more than he could chew. He thought he could run the team, instead of the coach and it was never going to happen. Coach and Captain have to be pulling in the right direction. Having said that Peter Moores has never been much good as England coach anyway and I'm glad to see he has been sacked. Since his arrival, England have lost 2 Home series against SA and India.

The only worry now is whether KP will have the same drive to play for England again OR will the lure of all the money in the IPL be too much to resist. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens. All this when Australia are on there way down, never mind about the final test win against SA. The series was dead anyway. The Aussies are definetly struggling and their bowling looks very weak. I don't care if the World Test Table shows them still on top they have now lost 2 of their last 3 series against SA and India so are no longer the top team in the world. I think either India or SA are the best Test team in the world now. So this summers ashes was looking to be very close with maybe England looking favourites but that is now shot to pieces with this latest debacle!

KoFi
08-01-2009, 04:19 PM
I don't see how you can isolate him from the surrounding cir***stances, it's a flawed poll - the cir***stance is not solely about Pietersen.
this poll is! influenced by what happened yesterday.
he started the ball rolling...

Plus ability as a captain and ability as a player without captaincy have nothing to do with each other.

some talented players cannot perform asgood when they captain

The obvious parallel is Botham who went out and whupped the Aussies after he quit the captaincy.

Anyway cricket has gone to the dogs, we have batsmen being called batters - with not a fish'n'chip shop in sight. :D

moden way is one dayers and 20/20s Iam afraid.
must admit haven't seen a thriller test match for awhile since curtly Ambrose:respect-040: ripped the batters Lol all out for 43 that was a xmas test series worth watching

bonovox
08-01-2009, 11:23 PM
20/20 and one day Cricket is crap. Anyone who really likes Cricket prefers Test Cricket. The Curtley series your on about when he bowled England out for 43 wasn't a Xmas Test Series but a Feb/March series in 1994. Great bowler.

KoFi
09-01-2009, 12:28 AM
20/20 and one day Cricket is crap. Anyone who really likes Cricket prefers Test Cricket. The Curtley series your on about when he bowled England out for 43 wasn't a Xmas Test Series but a Feb/March series in 1994. Great bowler.
My memory slips me may have been 46 all out

will check when i get home as I recorded this session from sky on vhs
cassettemarch must be thinking of another thriller
20/20
so so

but one dayers are thrilling

guess i don't like cricket then "Anyone who really likes Cricket prefers Test Cricket."

funny I have played it for 28yrs... till ACL(from football + age retired me)
and we had a tuesday night league 8x 8ball overs slog bit like 20/20

KoFi
09-01-2009, 12:39 AM
I can't quite agree with the statement that KP is overrated. Easily one of the top 5 batsman in the world and Englands best batsman. No he didn't choose to play for England cos he wasn't good enough for South Africa. He chose England as he didn't agree with South Africas quota system of picking players. They HAD to have a certain amount of black players in their team/squad and this meant other maybe more talented players missing out due to the colour of their skin. I don't know whether this still exists in SA but this was all happening after they got rid of apartheid, so it kinda was like showing the rest of the world that they were being fair to black players. KP didn't agree with this and spent 7 years in England so he could qualify to become an England player.

so name your top 10 Iam curious

so was he not in the top quota of non black players then?
oppression in south AFRICA had been gone along
timebefore this cricketing debacle

As for this debacle, I think he bit off more than he could chew. He thought he could run the team, instead of the coach and it was never going to happen. Coach and Captain have to be pulling in the right direction. Having said that Peter Moores has never been much good as England coach anyway and I'm glad to see he has been sacked. Since his arrival, England have lost 2 Home series against SA and India.

The only worry now is whether KP will have the same drive to play for England again OR will the lure of all the money in the IPL be too much to resist. Its gonna be interesting to see what happens. All this when Australia are on there way down, never mind about the final test win against SA. The series was dead anyway. The Aussies are definetly struggling and their bowling looks very weak. I don't care if the World Test Table shows them still on top they have now lost 2 of their last 3 series against SA and India so are no longer the top team in the world. I think either India or SA are the best Test team in the world now. So this summers ashes was looking to be very close with maybe England looking favourites but that is now shot to pieces with this latest debacle!

aussies were the 2nd WindiesCLASS

maddy
09-01-2009, 12:49 AM
The ECB and the Welsh appoints both captain and coach it must have been a big suprise to pietersen if anytheing I think Moores was hard done by the disloyalty of th ECB and pietersen should have been sacked not Moores and the other thing is pietersen overrates himself.should never had been appointed as captain

KoFi
07-02-2009, 06:48 PM
ha ha world class I think not!!

just seen his off stump knocked out the ground windies test about 5 mins ago
12 - 3

simon 2003
07-02-2009, 07:06 PM
ha ha world class I think not!!

you dont know much about cricket then m8,
can happen to the best and pietersen is one of the worlds best batsmen, also ipl think so to the tune of $1million

ct252
07-02-2009, 07:28 PM
england cricket chaos?????? what u mean ?? at the moment they are a respectable 23-6 vs the windies!!!!!!:respect-046:

make that 26-7 lmao

simon 2003
07-02-2009, 07:33 PM
Oh ****

bonovox
07-02-2009, 07:47 PM
Yep a complete embaresment against a team that is mediocre at best. Ah well at least Flintoff and Pietersen can jet off to India and earn millions playing tin pot cricket so its not all bad for them is it!:mad:

teassoc
07-02-2009, 07:49 PM
It could easily be a new low. Currently that's 45 but they could struggle to get anywhere near that given they are into the tail. Abysmal.

Heads are going to have to roll starting with Bell who has lost form completely for months now. Cook and Collingwood will also be lucky to keep their places.

KoFi
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
you dont know much about cricket then m8,

can happen to the best and pietersen is one of the worlds best batsmen, also ipl think so to the tune of $1million

well thats funny seems as I played the game for 20 years.

not world best or he would have been selected for s.a. from the start ..
he may have improved since then but deffo not world class

my opinion!!

KoFi
07-02-2009, 08:30 PM
50 for 8

barbados here we come old club flying out soon
& I know feck all about cricket
qoute"you dont know much about cricket then m8,
can happen to the best and pietersen is one of the worlds best batsmen, also ipl think so to the tune of $1million"

KoFi
07-02-2009, 08:31 PM
51 - 8
world class player out FREDDY

simon 2003
07-02-2009, 08:35 PM
@kofi read the thread m8,the reason why he plays for England is in it,disagreed with selection policy and was being left out at the START of his carrer for basically political reasons ,,,
and dont be daft ,hes 4th in icc batting list,highest ipl value,are you saying he is only county class

thats the worse batting performance ive seen from England ,total joke,our bowling attack apart from broad was ****e too,

bonovox
07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
51 - 8
world class player out FREDDY

Yeah got a big innings of 24, truly supreme. Ok that might be a bit harsh but they have just been bowled out for 51 and lost by a massive innings defeat. England look like a shambles. Anyone would think they were playing a really good team but this is a mediocre WI team with mediocre bowlers. England are a team that need a massive shake-up. Shi# is the only way you can describe that performance!

KoFi
07-02-2009, 08:46 PM
read the thread,the reason why he plays for England is in it,disagreed with selection policy and was being left out at the START of his carrer for basically political reasons ,,,
and dont be daft ,hes 4th in icc batting list,highest ipl value,are you saying he is only county class

disagree was not politcal so r ur saying he supported aparthied policies then?? if he were that good he would have been in the selection of wh.Caucasian players

not county class above that "international" but not world class

lets have our all time 11 world class team list

and current 11
cheers

rather see a home grown as world class ...
Freddy
or old school Atherton,Botham quality

simon 2003
07-02-2009, 08:48 PM
@kofi agree to disagree i think
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
think bell,harmison,prior,monty ,should be dropped

KoFi
07-02-2009, 09:17 PM
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

now were are batting 4 the same side
thxs m8

51 all out
windies were disciplined big time

bonovox
07-02-2009, 10:20 PM

Agreed about Bell, Harmison and Monty. Shame about Monty but it seems after a great start to his interntaional career he has failed to progress. It baffles me but what are the England coaches doing???? If this lad had been playing for Australia he surely would have progressed. Ian Bell has been given so many chances its getting a bit ridiculous. They bring Owais Shah and play him in the first warm up game and he get a century and yet Bell keeps his place. It makes no sense whatsoever.

As for World Class players, England has one and thats Kevin Pietersen. He would get into any International 11 at the moment. But he can't keep getting England out of trouble. The guy averages around 51 with the bat. I think that speaks for itself. No other England batsman is anywhere near that average!

simon 2003
07-02-2009, 10:39 PM
yea shah should be there all day long,i like bell hes a nice bloke sposed to be getting the team to sign my shirt as he goes out with a mates sister ,but he seems a bit timid scared of failure and thats causing lack of confidence,,,,think mushtec ahmeds been helping monty lately and hes changing his pace a bit but he needs more in his armory at test level,time to give swann a run i think

chopper1
07-02-2009, 10:40 PM
Totally agree with Simon and Bonovox, England are in a Shambles stuffed by a very average WI side, there needs to be changes and without a manager does not help the situation.
Chopper.

bonovox
07-02-2009, 10:57 PM
What makes this whole thing worse is that the Australians are the weakest they have been in 20 years and are due in England this summer. They must be mighty relieved that Englnad look even poorer than they do.

maddy
07-02-2009, 11:08 PM
Yep a complete embaresment against a team that is mediocre at best. Ah well at least Flintoff and Pietersen can jet off to India and earn millions playing tin pot cricket so its not all bad for them is it!:mad:

doesn't say much for england aye m8

teassoc
08-02-2009, 12:38 AM
Agreed about Bell, Harmison and Monty. Shame about Monty but it seems after a great start to his interntaional career he has failed to progress. It baffles me but what are the England coaches doing???? If this lad had been playing for Australia he surely would have progressed. Ian Bell has been given so many chances its getting a bit ridiculous. They bring Owais Shah and play him in the first warm up game and he get a century and yet Bell keeps his place. It makes no sense whatsoever.

As for World Class players, England has one and thats Kevin Pietersen. He would get into any International 11 at the moment. But he can't keep getting England out of trouble. The guy averages around 51 with the bat. I think that speaks for itself. No other England batsman is anywhere near that average!

You could add Collingwood and maybe Cook to that list. I'd be disappointed for Cook but right now he is another one who has lost form. The worry about Shah is that he's not a natural number 3. I would like to see him in the team though.

Will be interesting to see what kind of shake-up follows.

simon 2003
08-02-2009, 12:46 AM
yea id agree m8,have to be peitersen 3,shah 4,,,think cook may have a few more lives yet collingwoods feilding probably keeping him in also

maddy
08-02-2009, 10:24 AM
Cricket is played on the pitch not on paper as is all sports; so preconceived notions are errelavent

top-up
08-02-2009, 01:44 PM
They are getting paid top dollar getting looked after,waited on hand and foot and turn OUT a display like that send them home they are crap.;

cliff123
08-02-2009, 02:30 PM
[QUOTE]Yeah got a big innings of 24, truly supreme. Ok that might be a bit harsh but they have just been bowled out for 51 and lost by a massive innings defeat. England look like a shambles. Anyone would think they were playing a really good team but this is a mediocre WI team with mediocre bowlers. England are a team that need a massive shake-up. Shi# is the only way you can describe that performance!(QUOTE)

agree not the best WI side but if u have been watching u will see that they seem to have lifted their game, don't know what game u was watching yesterday but the bowling from taylor and benn was brilliant, the peterson wicket was just a brilliant delivery. so i would not be quick to start saying that WI are a mediocre team, i think ur comment is a bit rude as in new zealand they played very well also.
from the wife:
how dare u say the WI team is mediocre - alright there's no walsh, ambrose, holding marshall etc but as with every team u always have to rebuild when great players get old and retire, chris g**le is no mediocre player as a batsman and don't forget he can bowl as well - better than peterson anyway. if any team was shown to be mediocre yesterday it was england and not WI. taylor and benn were absolutely brilliant in bringing down england's so called top class players. also don't forget ur comments were quite rude as WI have produced some of the greatest cricket players of all time.

maddy
08-02-2009, 05:35 PM
[QUOTE]Yeah got a big innings of 24, truly supreme. Ok that might be a bit harsh but they have just been bowled out for 51 and lost by a massive innings defeat. England look like a shambles. Anyone would think they were playing a really good team but this is a mediocre WI team with mediocre bowlers. England are a team that need a massive shake-up. Shi# is the only way you can describe that performance!(QUOTE)

agree not the best WI side but if u have been watching u will see that they seem to have lifted their game, don't know what game u was watching yesterday but the bowling from taylor and benn was brilliant, the peterson wicket was just a brilliant delivery. so i would not be quick to start saying that WI are a mediocre team, i think ur comment is a bit rude as in new zealand they played very well also.
from the wife:
how dare u say the WI team is mediocre - alright there's no walsh, ambrose, holding marshall etc but as with every team u always have to rebuild when great players get old and retire, chris g**le is no mediocre player as a batsman and don't forget he can bowl as well - better than peterson anyway. if any team was shown to be mediocre yesterday it was england and not WI. taylor and benn were absolutely brilliant in bringing down england's so called top class players. also don't forget ur comments were quite rude as WI have produced some of the greatest cricket players of all time.

I don't think you need to respond to most of the opinions expressed on the subject, it is quite clear its based on bigots with deluded opinions

bonovox
08-02-2009, 07:31 PM
Still a mediocre team with a mediocre bowling attack. Ok they bowled well yesterday but not so well to bowl a test match team out for 51. England were fuc#ing diabolical. Powell is no Curtley Ambrose as his test match figures say pretty loudly. The WI are not even in the top 4 teams at the moment with India, Sth Africa, Australia and Sri lanka above them. Yep that says a lot about how bad England are at the moment. Granted the Pietersen delivery was top class but Cook and Strauss were out hanging their bat out to dry. I fully expected England to beat the WI but after that debacle yesterday they might get completly thrashed!

simon 2003
08-02-2009, 07:35 PM
I don't think you need to respond to most of the opinions expressed on the subject, it is quite clear its based on bigots with deluded opinions

you a moderator now m8,if you have nothing relevant to offer in the discussion dont post

they did bowl well and may sound like sour grapes but we are a better team than WI,was probably heading for a draw on a crap pitch but a bad session sealed our fate,with some very poor batting ,dont think we could have bowled them out again say if they would have declared on 350+,so we have to move on we can still win the series

maddy
08-02-2009, 10:52 PM
you a moderator now m8,if you have nothing relevant to offer in the discussion dont post

they did bowl well and may sound like sour grapes but we are a better team than WI,was probably heading for a draw on a crap pitch but a bad session sealed our fate,with some very poor batting ,dont think we could have bowled them out again say if they would have declared on 350+,so we have to move on we can still win the series

How is a lot of the sentiment express more relevant m8

KoFi
13-02-2009, 01:16 AM
currently I don't think england are a better team than windies

mediocre status.
with one team in decline somewhat and one comming up from rock bottom..
next text 13/02/09
bring it on!

simon 2003
13-02-2009, 01:27 AM
pietersen to crack a 100 tomorrow m8,;)face it we cannot bat any worse,hasnt named the team yet ,must have shah for bell and anderson for harmi maybe swann for monty they couldnt do any worse
apparently they have had to trek back and forth across antigua(oh the hardship)as the nets were waterlogged and the pitch under repair at the stadium,not ideal,

this is gonna be abandoned its a sandpit and they cannot bowl

KoFi
13-02-2009, 07:10 PM
oh dear was ready for a good nite

not good beach cricket

simon 2003
13-02-2009, 07:15 PM
relocated to ARG on sunday

bonovox
13-02-2009, 07:18 PM
U know Cricket is ridiculed by people who don't like the game and this just makes it look like its more of a joke. Its ridiculous, how many weeks, months do the West Indies have to prepare for this? Farcical!

simon 2003
13-02-2009, 07:23 PM
too right m8,theres people on cruises scheduling around the test,they have known for months about this match,and the groundsmen reported it to WI cricket board before christmas it was no good and were ignored

bonovox
13-02-2009, 07:39 PM
Yeah the people who pay a lot of money to watch England are the ones that u got to feel for. Hopefully they can still get to watch the match when it starts again on Sunday.

KoFi
13-02-2009, 08:33 PM
thank goodeness the recreational ground is still standing

cliff123
15-02-2009, 10:17 AM
got to agree with most of these comments - on paper england are the better team, as a wi's supporter flintoff is the thorn in my side, will always remember the series when england destroyed wi thanx to to my m8 freddie. like most of u on friday i settled down for a good day's cricket - ten balls l8r match abandoned -like everyone well disappointed- let's hope today will b better, here's to a good match let's hope the windies win lol.

maddy
15-02-2009, 10:37 AM
U know Cricket is ridiculed by people who don't like the game and this just makes it look like its more of a joke. Its ridiculous, how many weeks, months do the West Indies have to prepare for this? Farcical!
you put it so well maybe they should get yo to organize it for them

KoFi
15-02-2009, 09:41 PM
what a boring game
the flat pitch has spoilt this test..

:beatdeadhorse5:

bonovox
15-02-2009, 10:07 PM
what a boring game

hey hang on there. England are batting well. Lets see what the WI get before we see if the test is going to be a bore draw.

simon 2003
15-02-2009, 10:11 PM
yea weve done well stick 550-600 on the board and put them in before teatime tomorrow,see how they fair

dez
15-02-2009, 11:34 PM
Hi Guys

Good gutsy performance from the team, Anderson did some super talking and eyballing with the wi quickies, bet he cant wait to have a go at them tailenders.

dez

simon 2003
15-02-2009, 11:38 PM
yea i saw that lol fu ck off baldie go and bowl

bonovox
17-02-2009, 10:08 PM
what a boring game

Yup flat boring wicket yet WI couldn't reach the follow-on target. :respect-applause-00

At least England playing to there potential a bit more here and a decent batting performance followed by a decent bowling performance. Swann with a five-fer! Good on yer!

KoFi
19-02-2009, 11:06 PM
EXCELLENT 5TH day of cricket
fair result in the end tail enders do it again :king-042:

errr i never left the field when hit big time on the hand
unlike k.p.

barbados here we come:respect-020:

freddy again star *** player again did he leave the pitch NO he bowled in true 3 lions stylee!

simon 2003
19-02-2009, 11:21 PM
errr i never left the field when hit big time on the hand
unlike k.p.

your not one of the worlds top batsmen with 3 tests coming up and the ashes around the corner:ack2:couldnt be treated on field light was goin

fair play to the groundstaff was a good test

maddy
19-02-2009, 11:35 PM
A lot of this rhetoric is rather stupid, but what do you expect

simon 2003
19-02-2009, 11:51 PM
A lot of this rhetoric is rather stupid, but what do you expect

nice post m8 ...........did you watch the cricket then!!..what did you think of broads performance...,.did you think the light was ok for another over,,,,,freddie showed some metal,,,,,strauss should have maybe enforced the follow on,,,,,,why a night watchman with a 300 lead,,,,,,,,,swann bowled well all match,,,,,we fielded well,,,,,WI hung in there ,,,,,,more like a win for them and a loss for us,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,these are some forum talking points m8,instead of your condesending approach

i shouldnt bite should i

holmroad
19-02-2009, 11:53 PM
But what a total MESS created by Strauss by not enforcing the follow-on - ANYONE who understands cricket - or ANY sport - is to hit them while they are down & go for the jugular and WHAT a rank bad decision that was - we have failed by 3 overs and bad light to win a match we were absolutely thrashing them in - just as they did us in the last Test!
I'm DISGUSTED with Strauss & that decision! Theres ALWAYS a chance of bad weather to hold things up - which it DID - yes EVEN in the West Indies!:cuss:

simon 2003
20-02-2009, 12:03 AM
id agree the bowlers were on there last legs though but there was only a few overs left before stumps,get in the icebath fresh for next day,so no excuse really ,and anderton as night watchman ,shah should have got out there hes an international FFS ,that slowed us up to much ,when we needed to get to 480 fast before lunch ,with cook at the other end who is too methodical anyway,the lads should have said to anderton well give you 50 quid or every 4 just hit out and lets get a batsmen in,,and he looked devastated when he was out as if he didnt understand we needed a batsmen in,,,
ah well disapointing but still think we hit back well and will go on to win the series

bonovox
20-02-2009, 12:18 AM
id agree the bowlers were on there last legs though but there was only a few overs left before stumps,get in the icebath fresh for next day,so no excuse really ,and anderton as night watchman ,shah should have got out there hes an international FFS ,that slowed us up to much ,when we needed to get to 480 fast before lunch ,with cook at the other end who is too methodical anyway,the lads should have said to anderton well give you 50 quid or every 4 just hit out and lets get a batsmen in,,and he looked devastated when he was out as if he didnt understand we needed a batsmen in,,,
ah well disapointing but still think we hit back well and will go on to win the series

Agreed it wasn't the fact they didn't enforce the follow-on even the best teams like Australia don't always do that. Its the fact that when they decided to bat again they didn't need to send in a nigh****chman which lost at least a good hours batting from somebody more capable. All in all a decent England performance. I'm not sure they will go on and win the series though. I reckon a drawn series is on the cards now.

Freddie may well miss the rest of the series now and that leaves the big question what are the England selectors gonna do about his taking part in the IPL. Everyone knows that Flintoffs injury prone and to let him go play in India 2 months before an Ashes series would be ridiculous. But what can they do. If the big money is there will Flintoff think of England and pull out of the IPL? I doubt it. I probably wouldn't when the IPL is offering such silly money to take part in the circus that is 20/20.

holmroad
20-02-2009, 09:30 AM
Ok I agee with 99.9% of those comments above - EXCEPT the follow on, which should ALWAYS (in MY opinion of course!) be imposed when so MUCH is at stake, which possibly WASNT the case in Australia as Bonovox suggested above, ok England should also have scored much more quickly before their declaration, but also failed to do that - even when losing wickets wasnt an issue - so I blame Strauss for BOTH of those situations - he's captain of England for Gods sake!
Yes it WAS an excellent match in ALL other ways for England, where Swann, Freddie (still the amazing workhorse he always was - and WHAT a loss he'll probably be now), Broad and so on all played so well (plus Strauss's wonderful BATTING) - we THRASHED them and came away with NOTHING, its the constantly lacking KILLER instinct which is why we'll always finish 'worthy' runners up!:patriot:

KoFi
20-02-2009, 09:37 PM
your not one of the worlds top batsmen with 3 tests coming up and the ashes around the corner:ack2:couldnt be treated on field light was goin

fair play to the groundstaff was a good test

when did I say I was a one of the worlds top batsman (which kp is not)??
I can still clearly recall
Apartheid ..
did not see much of kp in the last day till he was walking off with a DROPPED catch injury.

was still light when kp "peanuts" dropped a world class catch!!:banghead:
r.u. bo*r being so pro kp?
me Iam all for cricket and it's gusty players!

FREDDY ...

simon 2003
20-02-2009, 10:10 PM
it was in the last over m8 ,and powell smashed the ball into the ground and it bounced up and hit his hand which was nearly behind his back,im not pro kp we just have a different opinion on him

from bbc

bbc 606 debate | Mobile scorecards
2202: Light meter out. The light is offered - and they take it. MATCH DRAWN.

2201 West Indies 370-9
Powell sees the over out. Will there be another?

2201 West Indies 370-9
Swann to Powell. The first one does not bounce but Powell keeps it out. Flatter from Swann. Every blocked delivery brings cheers from the crowd. Swann tosses one right up and Powell smashes in into the ground and into KP, who leaves the field

KoFi
21-02-2009, 03:08 AM
it was in the last over m8 ,and powell smashed the ball into the ground and it bounced up and hit his hand which was nearly behind his back,im not pro kp we just have a different opinion on him

from bbc

bbc 606 debate | Mobile scorecards
2202: Light meter out. The light is offered - and they take it. MATCH DRAWN.

2201 West Indies 370-9
Powell sees the over out. Will there be another?

2201 West Indies 370-9
Swann to Powell. The first one does not bounce but Powell keeps it out. Flatter from Swann. Every blocked delivery brings cheers from the crowd. Swann tosses one right up and Powell smashes in into the ground and into KP, who leaves the field

ok fly out 2 Barbados in a couple of days :)))
will try & send U some picture internet access permitted!!
:respect-069:

bonovox
21-02-2009, 04:14 AM
Enjoy m8. Hopefully England can turn the series round. I think they should at least get a drawn series, at the very least. Although it looks like without Freddie Flintoff.

pibip98
21-02-2009, 04:47 AM
It doesn't matter who we pick, we are just not good enough. Even with a United Nations team, which we are close to having (now a Dane in the squad!) we still cannot do it. Too many in it nowadays for the money and real pride of playing for your country is just not there any more. I suppose its difficult to have that feeling when its not your country.
This West Indies team is not that good and are beatable and in spite of my disappointment at the moment, surely England still have a chance.

maddy
01-03-2009, 08:18 PM
It doesn't matter who we pick, we are just not good enough. Even with a United Nations team, which we are close to having (now a Dane in the squad!) we still cannot do it. Too many in it nowadays for the money and real pride of playing for your country is just not there any more. I suppose its difficult to have that feeling when its not your country.
This West Indies team is not that good and are beatable and in spite of my disappointment at the moment, surely England still have a chance.

Not that bad for a rubbish team

bonovox
01-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah the WI have surprised most people I think. Although Englands bowling attack looks weak especially on these pitches. It made no sense whatsoever to drop Harmison for Sidebottom. Over 1300 runs in 4 days kills cricket. Why do they create pitches that make for such boring matches. Having said that knowing England they'll probably get bowled out for less than 150 now!:rolleyes:

maddy
01-03-2009, 11:01 PM
The question you have to address is: was it boring when england was on its way to its massive 600

bonovox
02-03-2009, 03:42 AM
So your saying that 1300 runs in 4 days and less than 20 wickets makes for exciting cricket? I think and probably the majority of Cricket fans would agree that pitches that give nothing for the bowler basically kill Test Match Cricket for the viewing public.

Aldo
02-03-2009, 04:02 AM
1355 Runs for 15 Wickets, quite clearly states that this was a batting track, and a Draw was inevitable once England had scored 600 runs, and if you look at the bowling figures in the Windies innings, England used 8 bowlers, only Strauss, Cook & Ambrose ( The Wicketkeeper) did not have a bowl.

1355 divided by 15 = 90.3333333 runs per wicket

holmroad
02-03-2009, 11:09 AM
Yeah the WI have surprised most people I think. Although Englands bowling attack looks weak especially on these pitches. It made no sense whatsoever to drop Harmison for Sidebottom. Over 1300 runs in 4 days kills cricket. Why do they create pitches that make for such boring matches. Having said that knowing England they'll probably get bowled out for less than 150 now!:rolleyes:

Yes M8, I agree - after all this lifeless easy batting wicket so far, just watch England collapse to 100 all out today - but I sincerely HOPE not as I believe we DO have a more balanced team now without off form Ian Bell (brilliant fielder though he is) - but I also would prefer Monty back in as I believe he is feared by many teams and TWO specialised spinners would be a real asset on these otherwise dead pitches!
I also disagree about Harmison as I believe Sidebottom is a far better all round fast bowler - a good laster too, plus the reverse swing he CAN introduce when needed, so all in all a FIT Sidebottom is a safer bet - in MY opinion!
Come on England, PLEASE bat out the day as you SHOULD be capable of doing!
:respect-050:

bonovox
03-03-2009, 04:57 AM
It would have been a joke to get bowled out on that flat pitch and thankfully England came through fairly easy. I still think Englands bowling looks on the weak side. And heres more bad news, The Aussies have just won the first test in South Africa!:rolleyes:

KoFi
04-03-2009, 10:50 PM
WoW Crystal Cove Hotel - St. Michael...
great oval was good Sarwan knock quality..:king-041:
we need sunshine here cricket how it should be "not orthordox"
credit card hammered.

cousin was house sitting he was left with My 6900HD for company" said sat-world was very active code changes etc he is a diablo cam progger king now. he wants a system infact.

ffs freezin ere..brrrr.
wife liked da costa mall

maddy
07-03-2009, 04:33 PM
pieterson hasn't done anything has he

noel750
07-03-2009, 05:14 PM
i thought this post was supposed to be about pieterson being captain i got slagged off at beginning for talking about team/managemet

Aldo
07-03-2009, 06:56 PM
pieterson hasn't done anything has he

No, and he missed out again in this innings, however England are 486 for 5, with Collingwood 161 and Prior 107 not out.

maddy
07-03-2009, 08:40 PM
No, and he missed out again in this innings, however England are 486 for 5, with Collingwood 161 and Prior 107 not out.

great ain't it m8

Aldo
07-03-2009, 09:10 PM
great ain't it m8

Yes England have declared on 546 for 6, and the Windies and currently 8 - 0 after 3 overs.

grumpyy
10-03-2009, 04:30 AM
S.......o what happened next? :D

holmroad
10-03-2009, 10:48 AM
England bowled Windies out for 544 and start the last day today (Tues) just under 100 ahead with 3 wickets down - so need a quick runs rush & declaration to have ANY chance of squaring the series.
Personally I dont think we have a cat in hells chance & a DRAW is inevitable!:patriot:

teassoc
10-03-2009, 07:19 PM
England bowled Windies out for 544 and start the last day today (Tues) just under 100 ahead with 3 wickets down - so need a quick runs rush & declaration to have ANY chance of squaring the series.
Personally I dont think we have a cat in hells chance & a DRAW is inevitable!:patriot:

Any result is still possible as at 6:15pm. You can be more optimistic now as England doing OK though with Windies 65 - 3 and ***le injured, and (Windies) needing 240 to win. That's after 21 overs (of 66 minimum). ;)

holmroad
10-03-2009, 07:57 PM
That right - a result is STILL possible eh - with both Panesar AND Swann bowling really well - and yes G A Y L E injured - fancy the 'system' not allowing the captain of West Indies name to be quoted - by substituting asterisks eh? lol!!!:respect-057::iagree::respect-040:

Aldo
10-03-2009, 08:31 PM
Latest score Windies are 84 - 4, Chanderpaul out for 6.

Make that Windies 85 - 5

holmroad
10-03-2009, 08:54 PM
Fingers crossed time eh guys - edge of the seat stuff & how WRONG could I have been last night? lol!!
(And I'm afraid whoever said Pietersen is not world class must be potty!):respect-050:

Aldo
10-03-2009, 09:10 PM
Now it's 90 - 6, and G a y le has just came in.

It's now 107 - 7 G a y l e is out for 4.

Now it's 109 - 8

KoFi
10-03-2009, 10:31 PM
Fingers crossed time eh guys - edge of the seat stuff & how WRONG could I have been last night? lol!!
(And I'm afraid whoever said Pietersen is not world class must be potty!):respect-050:

WINDIES WIN who's potty now Lol!!:respect-050::respect-050:

bonovox
10-03-2009, 10:57 PM
Not sure why anyone who knows anything about Cricket would say that Kevin Pietersen isn't world class. I think he would walk into any batting lineup in World Cricket. Anyone see his 100 today? Anyhow England lose a test series again. Declared too late again and ran out of time yet again. And More bad news the fuc#ing Aussies have just won the series in South Africa and bounced back from the home series defeat. On Englands showing this Winter I think the Aussies will again win the Ashes in the summer.:frown:

KoFi
10-03-2009, 11:10 PM
Not sure why anyone who knows anything about Cricket would say that Kevin Pietersen isn't world class. I think he would walk into any batting lineup in World Cricket. Anyone see his 100 today? Anyhow England lose a test series again. Declared too late again and ran out of time yet again. And More bad news the fuc#ing Aussies have just won the series in South Africa and bounced back from the home series defeat. On Englands showing this Winter I think the Aussies will again win the Ashes in the summer.:frown:

agree Aussies 4 ashes.
however k.p. cannot dig him bad history trust me i know about cricket
it is not all about what u can or can't do!
there have been some world class players from the bottom end of Africa
attitude thing!!!

maddy
10-03-2009, 11:17 PM
This isn't really about cricket just lot of nationalist claptrap
bnp

Aldo
10-03-2009, 11:29 PM
I think that the series should have been drawn, as the Windies should have forfeited the the 2nd Test in Antigua, for failing to prepare a Test match wicket @ the Sir Vivian Richards ground. If the Windies continue to prepare wickets like they have against England then no one will be able to bowl the other team out, however it was a different scenario when the Windies had Ambrose & Walsh etc as their front line bowlers, I'd dare bet that those 2 would have refused to bowl on such rubbish wickets as those that have been used at the last four venues.

holmroad
10-03-2009, 11:38 PM
Well just to be accused of being totally negative, it COULD be argued that England won the series on a 'moral victory' basis because in the last two tests LAST innings we had em at NINE wkts down and EIGHT wkts down respectively - so with a little more time in them both (& ONE was finished with bad light!) I think we ALL know who SHOULD have won the series?
But we didnt!
(As for the guy who says KP isnt world class - when he's actually very near the TOP of the current world batsman ratings anyway - well what CAN one say - and says HE knows cricket too!!:respect-050:

Aldo
11-03-2009, 01:43 AM
Here is some info ref the abandoned Antigua Test match:

The Groundsmen at the Antigua Test Venue reported to the West Indies Cricket Board: They have known for months about this match,and the groundsmen reported it to WI cricket board before Christmas that it was no good and they were ignored.

On the day of the Test match:

It was interesting watching events unfold. The umpires, both captains and the match referee were talking in the middle, but the groundsmen was noticable by his absence..

Here is Michael Holding's opinion of the sorry state of affairs that have affected the Test Match:

Blame:

The pitch was quickly declared unplayable on Friday and questions will now be raised as to who was to blame for failing to ensure that the conditions met Test-match standards.
Holding insisted the ICC are not at fault and that the finger of blame must be pointed squarely at the local cricket authorities.
"It's not the ICC's fault, that's for sure," he said.
"The ICC don't have control over what happens here on any of the islands or in any ground around the world.
"It's the local cricket board, whether it's the West Indies Cricket Board or the Leewards Islands Cricket Association.
"The West Indies Cricket Board is ultimately the boss but the Leewards Islands Cricket Association, the Jamaica Cricket Association, the Barbados Cricket Association or wherever the Test match is being played are the ones responsible for the ground.
"It's almost like they are the sub-contractors to the West Indies Cricket Board; they prepare the ground and hand it over.
"I think it has to be the local association here in Antigua, the Leewards Islands Cricket Association, that is to blame."

grumpyy
11-03-2009, 04:03 AM
Well just to be accused of being totally negative, it COULD be argued that England won the series on a 'moral victory' basis

Poppycock! my dear fellow. :D

bonovox
11-03-2009, 05:06 AM
Yeah I have to agree. I don't think anyone can suggest England deserved to win the series. I think a drawn series would have been a fair result. I agree with what Nasser Hussain was saying at the post match interviews that the WI team are now a little harder to beat but England have made them look a better team than they actually are. For one the WI bowling attack is not that good. Having said all that the teams were evenly matched. England in my opinion are in a poor state. Their bowling attack looks poor on these pitches. It might be a different story in England with assistance for the swing bowlers but when they get on flat wickets abroad they look like they couldn't bowl anyone out in 5 weeks let alone 5 days. For the summer it looks like the Aussies will be the ones going away with the Ashes. And don't think Flintoffs gonna make much difference. He hasn't hit a ton in 4 years and he may not even be fit! Yep 2005 is a verrrrry distant memory and England have gone backwards since then. Still at least they had the stupid ticker tape parade for the all conquering heroes back in 2005!

holmroad
11-03-2009, 10:02 AM
Well my point was totally hypothetical - and YES Windies won, but 'deservedly' is my question, as in TWO tests we had them on NINE & EIGHT wkts down in last innings - in one of which Andrew Strauss had failed to enforce the follow on - SO on top were we - so in TWO out of five WE were totally on top, but ok we failed to finish them off - and Windies were only on top in ONE - where we collapsed to that MISERABLE 51 all out, so yes I probably agree with a little 'compromise' with Bonovox that a DRAW would probably have been the most equitable result - but NOT to have LOST altogether!
Its only an 'observation' looking at the FULL picture, thats all!:respect-050:

KoFi
15-03-2009, 10:55 PM
20/20 in the bag for the windies
ODI Next..

maddy
16-03-2009, 01:45 PM
so very sad

maddy
20-03-2009, 03:45 PM
see world class pieterson failled again

KoFi
20-03-2009, 10:10 PM
4 6 4 4 4 4
Chanderpaul against harmy

world class!!!!

just gone 46

KoFi
20-03-2009, 10:52 PM
ffs joke
thank goodness i have quit the game due to age

cricket used to be great

demise has arrived!!

win by a fools decision feck it

aslat
20-03-2009, 10:57 PM
What a farce...

Games are being played all round the world under floodlight..why the feck they couldn't continue this one is beyond belief

Oh well, let me concentrate on my game tomorrow for Marsa CC here in Malta :D

simon 2003
20-03-2009, 11:57 PM
lol a win is a win,duckworth lewis lesson required for windy coaches

TonyO
21-03-2009, 01:03 AM
WI coaches went into meltdown, 1 run short ?

Maths lesson needed.

maddy
21-03-2009, 09:34 AM
Look m8 get it any way you can ha ha ha

KoFi
22-03-2009, 10:43 PM
:winner-019:thats better great game windies win by 21 runs

see kp peanuts was bowled again for low score!

Barbados here we come ..

maddy
22-03-2009, 11:02 PM
:winner-019:thats better great game windies win by 21 runs

see kp peanuts was bowled again for low score!

Barbados here we come ..

Oh what another great win by the rubished team should have been 2 nill and another peanut fallure

bonovox
23-03-2009, 01:08 AM
I look forward to your intelligent cricketing comments. They make for good reading hehehe:respect-applause-00

maddy
23-03-2009, 08:07 AM
I look forward to your intelligent cricketing comments. They make for good reading hehehe:respect-applause-00

Likewise I look forward to yours

maddy
27-03-2009, 09:16 PM
Hi all, has everybody stopped watching cricket?

bonovox
27-03-2009, 09:59 PM
Yeah cos England are completly crap at EVERY form of the game!!!!!!:o10:

dez
27-03-2009, 11:44 PM
Hi Guys

I am sorry to say that I am very dissapointed at their recent prformances.

I have just finished readig Kevin petersens interview in the mail online and there really are very bad internal problems within the team.

KP was invited to give his opinions about the structure and when he did he lost the captaincy, not what I call democracy and the team is now suffering
dez

connie
29-03-2009, 03:22 PM
Yeah cos England are completly crap at EVERY form of the game!!!!!!:o10:

Tke Ladies just won the World Cup last week,maybe they should be replacing this current lot and we may see some victories.:respect-055:

holmroad
04-04-2009, 09:04 AM
Well no longer English Mens' team 'chaos' eh - at long last we've WON - yes WON a one day series!
WELL DONE the lads!!!:respect-053::king-042:::grouphug:

KoFi
08-04-2009, 10:29 PM
Well no longer English Mens' team 'chaos' eh - at long last we've WON - yes WON a one day series!
WELL DONE the lads!!!:respect-053::king-042:::grouphug:

was handed on a plate 1st ODI @ this level was not a duckworth lewis mistake
maybe a betting sc*:rant:m or http://w**.cricket20.com/db/stanford_2020/default.asp
thing LoL

nobbys(salted )nuts still not world class ever
joker!!
Freddy is world class!!

KoFi
06-05-2009, 07:23 PM
k.p. 0 1st ball again @ lords today

rubbish in the IPL also

world class
bah humbug

teassoc
06-05-2009, 10:07 PM
Bopara has rescued England. Terrific innings (but with a bit of luck). Good support from Broad and Prior. Let's hope they can get to something close to 350.

bonovox
06-05-2009, 10:13 PM
U like KP don't u?:respect-applause-00

He's number 6 in the World Test batting rankings. Maybe he got there by getting ducks all the time OR by averaging over 50 with 16 test centuries to his name!

Tests
50 matches
4445 runs
226 highest score
51.09 average
63.15 Strike rate
16 Centuries
14 50's
ODIs
92 matches
3127 runs
116 highest score
46.67 average
87.41 Strike rate
7 Centuries
20 50's

Not bad stats for an average player!:rolleyes:

simon 2003
07-05-2009, 05:20 PM
U like KP don't u?:respect-applause-00

no i think we have gathered he dont like him m8,and hes defo not world class :smilielol5::smilielol5:

all out for 152 and now following on,fivefer for onions

Aldo
07-05-2009, 05:54 PM
k.p. 0 1st ball again @ lords today

rubbish in the IPL also

world class
bah humbug

You started this thread, do you not think that it is time to start another, as this has seemingly moved away from the Topic, which was Poll, and by the way Windies are 27 - 2, Anderson has got both ***le and Sarwan.

maddy
07-05-2009, 06:17 PM
You started this thread, do you not think that it is time to start another, as this has seemingly moved away from the Topic, which was Poll, and by the way Windies are 27 - 2, Anderson has got both ***le and Sarwan.

I guess when it doesn't suite you you don't want to hear it m8

Aldo
07-05-2009, 06:40 PM
I guess when it doesn't suite you you don't want to hear it m8

I'll reiterate what I have previously said this thread was started as a Poll, and it has long ceased to be a Poll, more case of you having a go at KP, at every opportunity you can, especially if he makes a low score, so then thread has moved way off topic, and it is only a much raker like you who wants to keep is running.

KoFi
07-05-2009, 08:21 PM
I'll reiterate what I have previously said this thread was started as a Poll, and it has long ceased to be a Poll, more case of you having a go at KP, at every opportunity you can, especially if he makes a low score
(which he has done consistently since the poll started)
, so then thread has moved way off topic (still topic related CRICKET), and it is only a much raker like you who wants to keep is running.

however peeps keeping on contributing to the thread comments posted
hmm

well said that man Maddy!!

ok lets close this and start a new thread....

now what shall we title it????

post Aparthied cricket stars and flops??

LoL

bonovox
08-05-2009, 10:27 PM
Call the new thread England hammer the Windies! Could be an interesting series against the Aussies. Hopefully there will be some helpful pitches for Onions, Anderson and Broad. Decent performance and hopefully another good one at Durham in the second test.

maddy
13-05-2009, 10:34 PM
Call the new thread England hammer the Windies! Could be an interesting series against the Aussies. Hopefully there will be some helpful pitches for Onions, Anderson and Broad. Decent performance and hopefully another good one at Durham in the second test.

another intelligent comment I see

simon 2003
14-05-2009, 11:02 AM
another intelligent comment I seethats rich m8 ,,, YOU posted this

This isn't really about cricket just lot of nationalist claptrap
bnp
2 people in this thread unfortunatly trying to make it somthing it isnt,, with racial overtones, its cricket thats it nothing more or less and somewhere for us to banter about it,so lets just keep it to cricket for the second test please!!:respect-054:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

think g ayle lit the touchpaper saying he wouldnt mind if tests disapeared as he prefers 20/20,with strauss hitting back about g ayle arriving 2 days before 1st test maybe a bit of needle in this one

Aldo
14-05-2009, 12:27 PM
"2 people in this thread unfortunatly trying to make it somthing it isnt,, with racial overtones, its cricket thats it nothing more or less and somewhere for us to banter about it,so lets just keep it to cricket for the second test please!!"

Personally I think that we should start a new thread for the 2nd Test Match

KoFi
14-05-2009, 12:33 PM
riverside looks slow empty too
everyone skint after mondays premier league derby

maddy
14-05-2009, 12:51 PM
thats rich m8 ,,, YOU posted this

2 people in this thread unfortunatly trying to make it somthing it isnt,, with racial overtones, its cricket thats it nothing more or less and somewhere for us to banter about it,so lets just keep it to cricket for the second test please!!:respect-054:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

think g ayle lit the touchpaper saying he wouldnt mind if tests disapeared as he prefers 20/20,with strauss hitting back about g ayle arriving 2 days before 1st test maybe a bit of needle in this one

as I said before when someone doesn't agree this is what it comes down to
Maybe you need all the other posts before you start singling out anyone irrelavent

KoFi
06-06-2009, 02:10 AM
Netherlands victory h**tp://msnsport.skysports.com/cricket/match_report/0,19822,11066_15954,00.html

ffs ha ha
20/20 jokers:respect-046:

when will peeps learn that England are on par with the windies

bring on the mega bucks ENGLAND team footie
wear My shirt Proud 4 that!!:respect-010:

KoFi
06-06-2009, 02:13 AM
"2 people in this thread unfortunatly trying to make it somthing it isnt,, with racial overtones, its cricket thats it nothing more or less and somewhere for us to banter about it,so lets just keep it to cricket for the second test please!!"

Personally I think that we should start a new thread for the 2nd Test Match

which 2?
Iam curious

just to add played Real Cricket since 19longtime had some good time and great teammates from all corners of the earth!!!:cuss:

dez
06-06-2009, 06:26 AM
Hi Guys

Very dissapointing yet again, I really do try and support England in a wide range of sports.

To be honest I find it very depressing at times watching the Cricket team

My father as been an umpire at minor counties level for many years, he says the problem as usual lies within poor organisation from the top for the past ??? number of years.

I really am hoping for a competetive ashes series so that we all have something +ve to look forward to.

Weather very poor here today so probably not much local cricket for us here in the midlands

Cheers Guys

Dez

bonovox
06-06-2009, 06:18 PM
Yeah they are crap at 20/20 cos they can't hit sixes plain and simple. This will have no bearing on The Ashes which is proper cricket. England looked good in the recent test series when they hammered WI. I think that's a better indication of how The Ashes series will be and not there performance in this tin pot cricket tournament.

dez
11-06-2009, 07:01 PM
Hi Guys

What a dissapointing innings once again, 111 all out really is poor especially when the playing surface looks ok?

Not much chance of stopping South Africa in their innings, hope I am wrong.

Beefy got it right when he said the word "poor"

Dez

Well yet another defeat

skem4
12-06-2009, 08:27 AM
sorry to upset the apple cart lads but dont you think beating the aussies is far more important i view the 5 day test match as the ultimate test against the aussies i day cricket is good yes but not the same skill or entencity as test cricket so i think we are in good hands and i would even go to say a ashes win for england regards skem4LFC:respect-059:

dez
12-06-2009, 11:31 AM
Hello Skem

Yes I of course agree with you and I sincerely hope that you are correct when you say that we will win the Ahes, the country could certainly do with a lift.

cheers

dez.

maddy
19-07-2009, 12:17 PM
Andrew Straus sums up english cricket

bonovox
29-07-2009, 01:47 PM
Andrew Straus sums up english cricket

I agree. Great cricketer and English cricket is great so your spot on there m8!:respect-applause-00

KoFi
09-08-2009, 11:06 PM
Strauss world class agree, just like freddie!

simon 2003
26-08-2009, 09:16 PM
we won the ashes------- thread closed ;)

rigsby
10-09-2009, 06:55 PM
Just wish they could play ODI aswell as they do in tests.
Selecting bit part players is not the answer.

It never used to be a problem 20 years ago when most of the test
players played ODI.

England have no idea how to use a powerplay.

It would be nice to win the World cup one day.

Ashes is the most important ofcourse.

bonovox
12-09-2009, 03:05 AM
To be honest I have not even bothered watching any of the 1 day matches. I have no interest in them. They should have been played before the Ashes and they would have been a nice build up to the main event. But its just like after the lord mayors show. And to top it all England are fuc#ing hopeless at 1 day cricket at the moment.

KoFi
12-09-2009, 11:15 PM
To be honest I have not even bothered watching any of the 1 day matches. I have no interest in them. They should have been played before the Ashes and they would have been a nice build up to the main event. But its just like after the lord mayors show. And to top it all England are fuc#ing hopeless at 1 day cricket at the moment.

oh dear one dayers I must admit did not have that finesse!

but like the old Northern Soulies time moves on
test matches are not the all & all in cricket (not like they used to be seem to wrap up b4 the 5th day yawn)!!!:beatdeadhorse5: