PDA

View Full Version : ram = all zeros

aljaxon
10-01-2009, 03:38 PM
cannot upload any keybin dsr9500 3,8 says ok written after trying write empty ram load empty internal bin etc doo dah and then write keybin like ive done for the last 8 years but now all ram data stays zero
any ideas?
i reupped firmnware 11.1 hot new settings and key.bin but ram is zero

parser ram editor says all zeros yet dsr9500 3.8 says i have B8 04 C6 etc
i can enter data using ram editor press ok to save and it goes back to zeros but dsr reads the data i put in as being there.
bottom line is picture remains blank
gutted.

dez
10-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Hi

Great software dsr9500 but the problem is that it never lets you know if the connection with the box is faulty. It will write even if a box is not connected.

i think that this is your problem, you have a connection problem. If you ahve done this for many years what can I say to you? select humax def and no firmware check in settings.

I used to make mistakes also. One of them was that when I finished writing I forgot to press standbye to save the bin file and simply switch off from the mains and take the 5400 to my television. I ahowever assume that you are writing to your box and then reading straight after?
You will find that it is either a setting or the software is not installed correctly because of a glitch. I ahve read many posts like this and it is allways one of these problems.

Dont use my faithfull 5400 now but I do miss edting the files for cw *** files etc.

Have patience and good luck

dez

Just read you post again and your problem is that you need the current dsr software which is dsr9500 EMU Ed ver 5.6_CW. The version that you use I think is only for Nagra1

Have you updated your firmware to 11.1 from a very old firware, if so check that you ahve the full firmware which is over 1 megabyte. You may have a patch which will only be a few hundred kilo bytes

ALIBE
10-01-2009, 04:07 PM
A possible solution has been posted in the Public Upload section.

Use the Zero Ram file (.hdf format file) to clear the problem and then load your key file as normal.

aljaxon
10-01-2009, 04:55 PM
thanks guys esp dez i was using an old version of dsr ie 3.8 instead of 5.6 and it froze my ram to zeros.
i uploaded an old keybin using 5.6 and then edited lines 00 and 01 with latest key and hey presto all working.
i then sit and watch evertons first goal against my beloved hull city a yard offside 3 seconds before the ball is played but second was a good goal. ref missed an elbow to turner so our luck has deserted us.
thx anyway.
al

dez
10-01-2009, 05:09 PM
excellent news

dez