PDA

View Full Version : TNT terrestrial and via satellite

kentishman
10-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Just received new box – Clarke-Tech 5000-C combo unit.

I can report that it receives TNT terrestrial OK, currently receiving test transmission of ARTE in south of France. I do not have a TNT SAT card at the moment so I cannot report on TNT via satellite. 40" screen hardly shows any improvement in HD.

Does anyone have a TNT card and used it on a standard (non TNT receiver?)

Kentishman

trotwood
10-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Welcome to sapimps, kentishman.
i think ur in the wrong section with ur post.

Bod
11-01-2009, 01:25 AM
thread moved from intro section

Bod

jello
11-01-2009, 10:26 AM
As far as I know... TNTSat only works with an official box and TNTSat card. The pairing is important as before decrypting a transmission a Qui Etes Vous? (Who are you?) challenge is made.

Consequently I have to use a rubbish Sagem box with a TNTSat card that only receives Astra 1 and my Kathrein UFS910 for watching anything else!

There are one or two channels in the TNTSat line up that are free to view - Demain, Arte, TF1, LCP & BFM, from memory.

You should be able to get the missing digital channels via DTT unless you are in a very hilly region of Southern France.

kentishman
11-01-2009, 11:47 AM
I live in the south of France and I can pick up TNT terrestrial from Perpignan and the Spanish TNT - mainly in Catalan. However, on a bad day the Spanish disappear and the French TNT either disappears or breaks up, so it would be nice to have a TNT backup, once it can be run on a standard box. I also get analogue French TV from 5 deg west. Like to watch French TV with subtitles as I have to improve my French, the French in the village either do not have English, have forgotten the English from school, or are to shy to speak English - that's OK, I now live in France so I must speak English.