PDA

View Full Version : picture format of some digi tv channels

snaps
11-01-2009, 12:48 AM
whats the story with some of the digi tv channels, the picture format is weird. Nova sport for one, its neither 3/4 or 16/9? on my widescreen tv i get bars at top and bottom and the picture seems squashed. doesnt matter what picture setting i have on the tv or the picture output on the 6900 the picture is wrong format. Im using HDMI output as well which on my philips tv doesnt seem to allow me to zoom in?

weeted
11-01-2009, 10:27 AM
It does my head in.
4/3 seems to be the best for me.
I think the stuff is recorded in 16/9 then reformatted to 4/3.

holmroad
11-01-2009, 12:03 PM
Yes I agree, Nova Sport is mega GOOD broadcasting with English commentaries eh, but OH those squashed up pictures!:iagree:

^^COMPASS^^
11-01-2009, 01:18 PM
I wish they left it as galaxie sport was great picture then full screen :D

Since they changed to nova sport they totally messed up the pic

Now i only watch this channel if i cannot get footy on elsewhere!

RTS 2 is crap as well

holmroad
11-01-2009, 04:34 PM
@Compass:
Same here M8 - usually go to C+ 1W first or Digitalb!:cup-006:

snaps
13-01-2009, 07:45 PM
@Compass:
Same here M8 - usually go to C+ 1W first or Digitalb!:cup-006:

Im the same, glourious HD for premiership on canal+. Only downside is sometime no english, but ive found a great way around it. if you have a second dish or sky dish tune into 5 live, run the audio output into the microphone input on a pc/laptop. Run a programme called radiodelay. set the delay 7.2secs (Canal+ sportsHD) and 4 secs (Canal+ sports SD). run the output from pc/laptop into the back of an amp and then you have delayed five live commentry in sync with the pic!

Its good as well as they keep you updated with all the scores coming in.