PDA

View Full Version : 6900 new box software

oldjiver
11-01-2009, 03:11 PM
Hi,
using my new TM6900super LAN very impressed with picture quality.
HOWEVER, I asked the shop where I bought it if it would have the latest software installed. He said they were getting a new batch from TM that day so it should be up to date.
First time I tried a blind scan the box re-set! (Grrrrrrrrrrrrr) I checked the installed software version,.. it is 6.55 (Aug 22 2008)
Surely TM as they know the troubles with early software could have the decency to install the latest version before they let the boxes out.

bob
11-01-2009, 04:10 PM
No worries, if you own a USB Memory Stick go to the Technomate web site download latest firmware Ver 6687 dated 17th December 2008, for the TM-6900 HD Super UBS Pvr Ready, and flash update. Quite easy to do with a memory stick.The box was probably already packed and sitting in a warehouse.

mclacko
11-01-2009, 08:25 PM
Hi
Just a quick note if you load the latest patch from Tm ( 668 ) if you are going to use the softcam keys, you won't be able to. For some reason the patch doesn't recognise the keys.. You will need to get version 667 which is available on this site in the relevant model area..

keith mawer
11-01-2009, 08:31 PM
to be honest i never!!!!!! do blind search takes too long i get freq from say lyng sat or i bought what sat mag!!!!! to choose what i want,,,
i used to use patches but find not much on them so go thetrex routeand if u fancy it diablo or m2+ also.. ( just my choice)

oldjiver
12-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Bob, the TM booklet says do a factory reset after loading new software.
Is this neccessary? The book is very vague and out of date it seems.

bob
12-01-2009, 11:11 AM
Yes do a factory reset after loading Technomate original firmware only, not the Magic Patch, And as mclacko said 668 is not patchable.

oldjiver
13-01-2009, 01:00 PM
Did a factory reset after loading latest TM firmware, didnt realise you lose all the channels and sat positions? Had to rescan the lot. Have I missed something?
(P.S. I like to have all the available channels on a sat, if I load someboby elses channel list does that put ALL the channels in the right order or do I only get a selection of possible chanels?)

bob
13-01-2009, 03:12 PM
This is what I think about channell lists, hope this is helpful.
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100215

mynameisEarl
15-01-2009, 08:42 AM
Hi
Just a quick note if you load the latest patch from Tm ( 668 ) if you are going to use the softcam keys, you won't be able to. For some reason the patch doesn't recognise the keys.. You will need to get version 667 which is available on this site in the relevant model area..

Well, don't forget that none of the official technomate upgrades support the loading of softcam keys etc. You always need to load a patched version of it for such functionality. eg from this site or others. TM don't give you the means to illegally view pay channels; a patch does.

Lee

mynameisEarl
15-01-2009, 09:01 AM
Yes do a factory reset after loading Technomate original firmware only, not the Magic Patch, And as mclacko said 668 is not patchable.

I have the receiver stated in the 'location' line above my post, which presumably is the same one mentioned in this thread.
From my experience, there is no need to do a factory reset after loading either kind of firmware update. The unit automatically reboots after loading the firmware and that seems to be it.

Did a factory reset after loading latest TM firmware, didnt realise you lose all the channels and sat positions? Had to rescan the lot. Have I missed something?

Yes, 'Factory Reset' under 'Factory Reset' will revert everything on the receiver to how it was shipped.
Note that you can use one of the options there to save your current channel list as the default; then, after any future overall factory reset, use ' Restore default channels' to regain your current default channel list and still reset other unit settings to the shipped defaults.

(P.S. I like to have all the available channels on a sat, if I load someboby elses channel list does that put ALL the channels in the right order or do I only get a selection of possible chanels?)

Other people's channel lists are generally set for their tastes and do not include literally every channel. As for 'in the right order', which order do you mean? Again, people have different views on that.
I would suggest, just use Auto Navigation and scan in everything available to you, then sort out the resulting channel list yourself. You can do 'rename' , 'move' and 'delete' in the unit on single or multiple channels. You can also do 'temporary sorts' (my phrasing) based on various options such as A-Z names, transponder, etc. eg, when you're viewing a channel, hit the 'ok' button and use the screen options there. Bear in mind in that mode, you can also use the 'satellite' and 'favourites' selections to bring those lists into the channel sort menu. Press 'ok' to preview a channel and press it again to switch to it.

For bulk or heavy duty channel editing, it's probably much easier to download the Clark Tech Editor Studio from this or other sites. It is a software program you install on your pc. It's not designed specifically for this unit, but does a reasonable job. You load the channel list onto your pc, either via USB stick, or RS232 connection using the TM Loader on your pc, do your work in the channel editor, then save it and load it back to the receiver.
Then, it's probably a good idea to save that cleaned up list as your 'default' in case you do a factory reset.

Lee