PDA

View Full Version : help please

stealth2
11-01-2009, 04:57 PM
updated tm6900hd to latest tm software/mistake patch does not seem 2 support/could someone upload 667 for me as i deleted and no longer on main technomate site/thanx:respect-055:

Aldo
11-01-2009, 05:49 PM
updated tm6900hd to latest tm software/mistake patch does not seem 2 support/could someone upload 667 for me as i deleted and no longer on main technomate site/thanx:respect-055:

You have asked this question on the DM's forum and your question was answered and you were also told where to get the 667 patch, it's in the file section for your specific receiver.

stealth2
11-01-2009, 09:39 PM
there appears to be some confusion,not requiring patch software,but tm original software 667,there latest software 668 does not support patch software asled to believe from other posts and am experiencing problems with latest tm update

holmroad
11-01-2009, 10:39 PM
Technomate's 'official' line is NOT to support patches AT ALL - they told me so!
The only problem is that without a patch (OR a cam etc) you would get very little apart from FTA channels - so its 'catch 22' - you 'risk' yer patch or you get no tv!
I still cant quite fathom why we havent yet had a patch from Magic or Compass utilising the latest version 668 TM patch as its quite a while since they posted it on their site - so maybe our patchmakers are a little apprehensive/sceptical about it in case it has any more bugs in it? :sifone:

Aldo
11-01-2009, 11:10 PM
@stealth2

Which version of the Technomate 6900 do you have. as there are 2 different patch's 1 is for the 6900 HD Combo, and the other is for the 6900 HD Super, if the problem with latest patch is " Incompatable Firmware ",
then you are trying to load the wrong patch for your particular receiver.

This is the 667 version for the 6800/6900 Combo

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=87205

This is the 667 version for the 6800/6900 Super

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=92418

Try one of these if you get the imcompatable firmware with the first then try the second one or vice versa.

stealth2
11-01-2009, 11:55 PM
Thank you
sorry if my earlier posts confused.
thanks for patience and support:respect-049:

stealth2
12-01-2009, 10:46 AM
Technomate's 'official' line is NOT to support patches AT ALL - they told me so!
The only problem is that without a patch (OR a cam etc) you would get very little apart from FTA channels - so its 'catch 22' - you 'risk' yer patch or you get no tv!
I still cant quite fathom why we havent yet had a patch from Magic or Compass utilising the latest version 668 TM patch as its quite a while since they posted it on their site - so maybe our patchmakers are a little apprehensive/sceptical about it in case it has any more bugs in it? :sifone:
Holmroad you have grasped my problem i updated to 668 TM patch,so Magic or Compass patch will not work.
Ihave lost 667 TM patch so need some kind soul to upload somewhere so i can revert my TM 6900 HD back to version 667:respect-055:

holmroad
12-01-2009, 11:41 AM
Stealth M8 - the latest 667 19/12 patch by Compass is in the TM Softwares section, but as Aldo says you need to ensure you use the correct patch for YOUR box, either an 'ordinary standard' box or the Super version as they are NOT compatible!
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=328:respect-046:

mrbleu500
12-01-2009, 11:49 AM
A pity TM did not give the 6900 Super a different reference number...

Seems to cause no end of problems for many peeps :(

Aldo
12-01-2009, 12:06 PM
There is also some info here ref the 668 firmware:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=100391

And it appears that others have had similar problems to stealth2.

stealth2
13-01-2009, 10:12 AM
problem now recognised,but my only solution is to re-install firmware 667/can some kind person upload somewhere,as it is no longer available on TM site,and my version was lost in a crash.
thanks for recognizing the problem aldo:respect-040:

holmroad
13-01-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi Stealth2: I cannot understand WHY you cannot find LATEST (19/12) Compass 667 patches M8 - I put the thread in question's URL for you to click on to and YOU decide is YOURS a TM6900HD Combo or a TM6900HD Combo SUPER - you pick the one you want after your Master Reset and off you go? :confused:

holmroad
13-01-2009, 11:40 AM
@Stealth2:

This is the URL I posted to you above a day or two ago M8, with the LATEST 667 patches for you to use - hope you manage it this time ok? Please report back!:respect-055:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=328:respect-046:

(Do you remember this one as posted previously?):bravo-009:

stealth2
13-01-2009, 12:02 PM
Holmroad
i can find the patch with no problems.
the problem lies with the firmware for the receiver technomate have updated it/i in turn updated my receiver with it,trouble is magic/compass patch does not support it.
i need technomate firmware version 667 for the receiver as i have lost it and it is no longer available on technomate main site.

regards:respect-055:

holmroad
13-01-2009, 02:49 PM
Sorry M8 - maybe I've misunderstood about what you are actually asking!
As far as I am aware if you Master Reset your receiver, i.e. set it back to 'factory settings' you can THEN load on the Compass 667 as there would surely then be NO software TO corrupt etc? You then would need to load on latest 'Softcam' file which Compass also produces on this site - and last the latest Channel list you can find for YOUR model - mind you if you still have access to your 'current' list simply back it up via USB/NDF File dump BEFORE you Master Reset!
Hope all that helps M8?:respect-055:

stealth2
13-01-2009, 04:16 PM
will try this as a last effort,will carry on search at the moment for 667 firmware,due 2 the fact that from experience it seems to take ages to get system back to the way i like it.

ALL help has been appreciated THANK YOU:respect-055:

holmroad
13-01-2009, 07:54 PM
To be HONEST M8, I think you are wasting your time - as ONLY Technomate ever post the 'basic' firmware from which the filemen produce our much appreciated patches! This means that only TM website will EVER have the 'virgin' software, which disappears once the latest firmware appears and you can therefore ONLY download the LATEST version from Technomate!
Hope you understand MY point - and in any case I still cannot understand WHY you wont use the 19/12 Version 667 patch as it opens channels you could NEVER open off the virgin version as that one could NEVER have anything on it - thats the idea M8!:respect-055::respect-040:

Aldo
13-01-2009, 09:09 PM
@holmroad

Quite correct M8, the patched version is actually an enhanced version of the official TM version (The official firmware is incorporated into the patch). If stealth2 were to save his channel list, do a factory reset, install the latest patch from this forum, along with the latest softcam file, reinstalls his channel list, then everything should be OK, but we will not know if this is going to work until he tries it, and also he has yet to say which version of the Techno 6900 HD it is that he has, Finally some people take an awful lot longer to be convinced that what they are being told is in fact right.

holmroad
14-01-2009, 10:47 AM
@Aldo: Yes M8 - thats all what I've been trying to convince Stealth - but as you also noticed he STILL hasnt advised 'which' receiver (Super or 'plain') he has and that fact could well be the nub of his problems as like so many other people he has tried to load the wrong file into HIS TM6900?
Mind you, I would have thought he'd have got 'incompatible firmware' message if he had! :respect-055:

Ghoulie
14-01-2009, 12:41 PM
i found that the patched version of 667p for my tm6900 combo super gave me reset problems after deleting / editing channels (others have reported these problems) and also seriously interfered with my HDD access for playing / recording - so i put on the official tm 668 usb pvr & all works perfectly - so i forget the patch & get what i need from my diablo 2.3 cam

dxman
14-01-2009, 12:57 PM
that is correct it is very simple ,if you try to put a different version of firmware,you get an error message and it want upload on the receiver,but i notes sometime the original firmware it could have a few bugs,and if you want to go back to the older you need to keep an older firmware on your pc or somewhere just in case,i got the 6800 super more o less the same of 6900,but i never had any problems regarding installacions ,but i often keep the older firmware just in case,the main site has only the new one and delete the old
if I understand correct our friend try to go back to an older firmware before he put the patch
or I could be wrong,if that is the case he need an old original firmware from technomate,which could be difficult to obtain,and less someone upload here

dxman
14-01-2009, 01:15 PM
hello ghoulie

I think the one you mention it was no the patch but original firmware bug,i had the same problem without the patch,delete editing add new tp and so on but i use the 6800 super,i use the diablo so i don't need the patch,but both receivers they have to many bugs,good tuner I must say,the rest is all mamble jumble
maybe one day they put the proper firmware with no bugs
regards dxman