PDA

View Full Version : sat scan

dazzlet
11-01-2009, 09:10 PM
hi how do i scan for satellite channels with this reciever?

catseye
11-01-2009, 09:33 PM
Menu, service searching,channel scan, manual,select sat using right/left keys, same for it to find a frequency, network search to search all frequencies on that sat & search & it should search everything from that sat

Can't comment on cable or terestrial as ive got 2 sat tuners

dazzlet
12-01-2009, 08:51 PM
it asks for lnb or something and when i try and scan it doesnt find any channels please help

Keano
12-01-2009, 09:53 PM
FFS:smash:

Do you know what a LNB is ?

Firstly have you got a dish ?

dazzlet
12-01-2009, 10:11 PM
yes i have a dish at the moment it is connected to the dish pointing at 28.2 the sky uk sat i thaught i would be able to pick the sky free channels up and also the freesat hd channels but i dont know how to pleas somebody help

catseye
12-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Daz

Have a read through the instructions m8 & how to's ipbox..etc

Your LNB should be set to UNI (Universal) & your sat to astra 28.2 east

Scroll down to the frequency bit

If you use right button on remote when the freqency is highlighted your signal bars at the bottom should light up -that tells you your dish is pointing the right way

Then select search & it should pick up from 28.2

press ok on remote when search is completed & it should throw up all channels found in search

dazzlet
12-01-2009, 10:38 PM
i have set the things up and the bars for the signal goes up and they are at 80 and 98 but when i scan it says no scanned channels i must be doing something wrong i have the cable channels that it found but the encrypted ones never clear tho so im stuck any help would be great

xanadu
12-01-2009, 10:48 PM
i have the cable channels that it found but the encrypted ones never clear tho so im stuck any help would be great

We are not allowed to talk about cable on here as it's against the rules.

dazzlet
12-01-2009, 10:55 PM
sorry its the sat one im bothered about why when i scan it says no searched channels any help there would be appreciated

catseye
13-01-2009, 10:18 AM
Assuming your dish is pointing at Astra 28.2 east

Menu, service searching,

Then sat configuration, red button on remote to add sat which takes u to new menu

Use right button on remote & use will notice name of sat changing (it usually starts on siriurs 5 east)

Continue pressing until u find astra 28.2 -when u find it notice the signal bars at the top -these should be very high

Make sure lnb is set to uni_lnb

Press yellow button on remote -to go to scan- message says 'going to channel scan' appears

Then using up/down/left/right keys
highlight the automatic box, which gives u a list,
change sat name using right/left keys, to astra 28.2 east
change network search to 'on'
search method 'all'
Move down to start & click 'ok'
Then when all channels have been searched press'ok on remote to see list

What size dish have you got??

dazzlet
13-01-2009, 11:00 AM
it is a 1 metre dish which i think should be big enough.

can you tell me also how do i copy my channel database to the pc for editing then back again what folder is it in and when i have copied it back again how do i load it onto the box so it displays?