PDA

View Full Version : tm5400 super won,t blindscan.

liamski
13-01-2009, 03:24 PM
hi i have a tm 5400 super usb and when i try to use blindscan it will not scan more than 10% this problem as only started recently anyone know what causes this.

satpaul
13-01-2009, 04:16 PM
I would say the memory is full

liamski
13-01-2009, 07:10 PM
is there any way to fix this.

xanadu
13-01-2009, 08:05 PM
Try deleting all the unused transponders.

liamski
13-01-2009, 08:16 PM
would it be better to go to factory default and start all over again , channel list etc,

satpaul
13-01-2009, 08:51 PM
Use a channel editor load your channels on usb stick put it on computer and delete all unused tranponders I do that after scanning sats

TopHouse
26-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Any chance you can recommend a channel editor? possible link? Just bought 5400 CI+ USB Super today and a channel editor would come in very usefull.

tr8.
26-01-2009, 08:28 PM
use the CTech editor in the tools and editors section for the 5000 series.
works well

TopHouse
26-01-2009, 08:59 PM
many thanks M8, it threw me a bit being called clarke tech and not technomate. I'll have a play around with it.

Aldo
26-01-2009, 09:15 PM
many thanks M8, it threw me a bit being called clarke tech and not technomate. I'll have a play around with it.

Hi M8

To change the language click on Opzioni - > Linguaggio -> English - If you click on Show - you will find a dropdown with Channels etc, where you can edit Sats, TP's or channels.

liamski
26-01-2009, 09:58 PM
i just done a factory reset deleted channels downloaded new channels list and blindscan works normally again.

TopHouse
26-01-2009, 10:49 PM
Aldo, another quick question. If i do a blind scan on the sats i want, then save the channel list and load it into clarke, can i then delete all transponders that are in red and reupload it to the technomate?

I'm thinking that then deletes any unused transponders

Aldo
26-01-2009, 11:08 PM
Aldo, another quick question. If i do a blind scan on the sats i want, then save the channel list and load it into clarke, can i then delete all transponders that are in red and reupload it to the technomate?

I'm thinking that then deletes any unused transponders

Yes you can do that M8, I prefer to do the Auto search as you have less TP's and Channels to delete. I found this info on the DM's forum which maybe a better guide than my info:

just a note regarding the questions posed about blind search earlier , in laymans terms and as I understand them ( but others are more qualified than me regarding blind search and its uses , like the tutorials by biggles and by william1 for instance )

most members will think that blind search is the same as when you install a new tv or a new freeview box , and tell it to do an automatic search , and then it autosorts what it finds into some useful list

blind search does not do this

depending on how many transponders and how many channels are in your current list , blind searching a large satellite like hotbird or astra can easily break the upper limits imposed by the receiver hardware and memory

blind search can also leave you with hundreds or thousands of unwanted channels and even dead transponders , so blind search tends to be used by those who know what they are doing and can limit their search for feeds or whatever , with regular housekeeping to clear out the dross

the vast majority of members do not need blind search and are better off not using it at all , even if its available on their receiver

so the trick is to see what is available and to do a selective manual search ( advanced search ) on a transponder that you know you need to scan and save , so periodic updating ( and cleaning up by housekeeping ) is a much better solution to keeping up to date , watching what is coming out and selecting what you require from the selections on offer

my point here is that when you go to a supermarket you do not buy everything in the store ( blind search ) , you select what you want from the myriad on offer and do an advanced search for what is on your shopping list only, the same applies to satellite receivers

I never use blind search at all , I scan as and when required for what I want to add , deleting dross at the same time , then backing up when I am happy

as for the guides , I appreciate it seems to favour tm1000 or tm5000 models but apart from things like HD channels its pretty much the same layout and same procedures in similar menus

I hope that this is of some help to you.

TopHouse
26-01-2009, 11:23 PM
Again you helped mate, my theory was, to get in the main sats, then blind search them, then remove all unused transponders, delete the radio stations and hopefully still have plenty of memory left. I'll post how i get on with it.

TopHouse
26-01-2009, 11:26 PM
as a sidenote, so far I've discovered the only thing i dont like about this reviever is how it handles favourites, i like to be able to hit the favs key and it to show a screen of all faves in each category and then to be able to select one, technomate doesn't seem to do it that way.

Aldo
26-01-2009, 11:43 PM
Favourites are not something that I ever use so I can comment on that, to delete the Radio channels, if you go to the end of your channel list, you will see numerous radio channels, if you R/Click on them - scroll down to select - a dropdown appears - select radio channels - they then become highlighted - select delete - then selected, they will all disappear, that is unless you wish to save some of them.

Aldo
27-01-2009, 03:11 AM
Here is a little more info that maybe useful to members with 5000 series receivers:

The info below was posted by William-1 on the DM's forum (edited slightly by me)

Adding a transponder & rescanning to obtain new channels on a satellite with the TM5000 series,

Scanning for all new service's on a satellite:

1 - menu - >go to Installations
2 - select auto Navigate -> Free if you want the fta, TV & radio -> Network =off now press OK for a complete scan,

Scanning an individual transponder on a satellite:

1 - menu ->go to Installations -> select Advanced search -> move the cursor by selecting the left & right arrow buttons either side of OK then when you find the transponder you want to scan press the red scan button on the screen,

Adding a new transponder:

1 - menu -> go to Installations > select Advanced search -> bring the cursor down to transponder -> now press the green button,
2 - add the frequency -> symbol rate -> polarization -> search type -> Network=off
3 - now press the red button on screen to scan,
4 - now exit,exit,exit & view