PDA

View Full Version : Lnb receiver settings

Stingman
15-01-2009, 02:20 PM
Been into this sat game but my brain has gone dead!

I`ve just upgraded my receiver to a echolink 3020super Plus. I have a twin universal lnb with the one cable coming out. I had my old receiver set to LNB1 and LNB2, one was on Hotbird and the other is on Astra. Because the receivers new these setting are different! I can only get one satellite and it scans it twice so the LNB isn`t switching to the other built in one. The lnb is a monoblock. and it worked on my last receiver (which basicly is the older version of this one!) Nothings changed, old leads out and into the new box.

My old receiver was the wiztech 2100 so basicly it`s identical!

Can anyone help me please and tell me the settings so it will work. I fotget how it switches from one to the other. I have tone, 12v and pulse to play with. I prosume it`s disec 1.0?
cheers guys

stingman

Stingman
15-01-2009, 04:16 PM
...Or if anyone uses a Monoblock can they post there settings.
Would a different receiver treat the LNB in reverse! ie what was lnb1 is infact lnb 2 and i have to realine the dish!

thanks

Stingman

AM556
15-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Despite being one block, it is in fact treated as two LNB's and a Diseqc switch. You'll need to select the Diseqc ports in your receiver, either A/B or 1/2 depending on your choice. Best way is cover the offset LNB and make your choice in the setup menu according to where your dish/main LNB is pointing (as if you only had one LNB on the dish). Once selected and working (may be A or B, 1 or 2, depending on receiver) now uncover other LNB and select the other setting for it.

Stingman
16-01-2009, 12:09 AM
i`ll check it out. See whats happening. It should all work and i know it. I`ve only changed the receiver to a near identical one and just plugged all the cables back in!
Thanks...
Stingman

Stingman
16-01-2009, 01:17 PM
Update! Still not working properly! but It may or may ont have found C-badr. Not sure! but when i scan, one of the channels is TV5Monde! This doesn`t appear on my Hotbird scan!

Is it because the receiver does a different set of frequency scans on this satellite and it`s picked this channel up but not on the Hotbird scan.

I`ve got a headacke!

Bye for not.

Stingman
16-01-2009, 02:26 PM
Ok DudeZ. Been playing all morning. It may be working, who knows!

But could someone post a few definate channels that are on Hotbird and Astra but only on one or the other. Then if i can get both channels.. problem will be solved!

Thanks

Stingman