PDA

View Full Version : help with ftp

cardealer
18-01-2009, 02:38 PM
hi there i hav loaded nem 4.4 into my 9100 do i hav to load something like ur14 and i hear you do this thru ftp could someone please tell me what ftp is and how to load it thx

tlal05
18-01-2009, 03:02 PM
hi cardealer,
you say you have nem 4.4 image on your technomate. to load ur14 you need to download tcc 7.1 and ur 14 image.
once you have that you need to set up your ip address so tcc can communicate with your box.
Btw have you linked your box to a router using a cat5 or are you using a null cable.
please give some more info mate

thanks

tlal05

cardealer
18-01-2009, 03:09 PM
cheers mate how do i set up ip address can anyone ring me please on how to setup *****

no contact numbers allowed on the forum m8 , removed by admin

read the rules again please

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 03:21 PM
Cardealer why would you want to load ur14 onto your box when you have already loaded edg 4.4 onto your box and it is one of the most stable images there is. What you probably did not know is that no cam or keys come as standard with the edg images. What you have to do is send an extra url file to var/ect. This will then allow an extra option to appear in the blue panel menu.

The extra file should be on the forum mate.

ki

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 03:31 PM
Here is the extra url file for edg.nem extract the file and send it to var/ect using dcc.

Then exit out DCC then push blue button and there should be a extra option in the menu.

Let me know if it works.

ki

cardealer
18-01-2009, 03:38 PM
keg all i want to do mate is be able to put a cccam file in it help please pulling my hair out

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 03:44 PM
Yes mate but as I have posted above the edg nem images do not come with the option of download the cams direct from your remote. By simply putting in that extra file it will allow you to download cccam from your remote contole and also the cccam.cfg file that you require. After that all you have to do is use dcc to alter the cccam.cfg file that lives in var/ect with your new c line and all is done.

cardealer
18-01-2009, 03:58 PM
keg u say send it var/ect how is that done?

echelon
18-01-2009, 04:10 PM
keg u say send it var/ect how is that done?

use any ftp program for this

dcc is the obvious dreambox one to use , especially for beginners ( in dreambox tools section )

fireftp in firefox is another

I use flashfxp myself

or try cuteftp or any other professional ftp program that you have

ftp = file transfer program ( or protocol )

traveller
18-01-2009, 06:16 PM
cardealer, To safeguard EDG team from lawsuits they use the extra download for the Cams and configs. Just follow the above and then you will have a stable image that does what you want without any crashes. Been running EDG 4.4 since Dec 25th and not one crash or reboot. The best image by far. :respect-055:

cardealer
18-01-2009, 07:38 PM
cheers traveller i understand what keg says but im trying to understand dcc which cables do i use which part of dcc do i use to send this file over with how do i get my ip address and password i assume once i hav put this last file in i hav finish with ftp and flashing

echelon
18-01-2009, 08:04 PM
cheers traveller i understand what keg says but im trying to understand dcc which cables do i use which part of dcc do i use to send this file over with how do i get my ip address and password i assume once i hav put this last file in i hav finish with ftp and flashing

the cables used can vary but in general its a lan ethernet connection via your router

the ip is set within the image in its communication section in its menu system and should be in the range of your router

the password is normally set with tcc ( technomate control centre ) after the ip has been sorted

dcc is an ftp program and is used for data transfer when its setup correctly

only 1 flash program can be used at a time in the technomate flash itself , multiple boots are done using an mmc card and a suitable boot flash

reading the sticky threads and other threads in here would answer most of these questions already , not reading through the forum is causing most of your difficulties in not understanding the basics here , especially the use of your pc and its pc programs and tools

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 08:12 PM
Use a standard ethernet cable the one you would use from a laptop to your router. Hopefully you use a router/Modem.

Then on your tm9100, press menu, system, advanced, communication. This should then give you your tmbox's ip address.

Start dcc on your computer. Picture of your computer should have the computer ip address, dreambox should have the ip address of your tm. and the 3rd box should be your routers ip address.

Left hand side you need root as user.
password should be the password you have set for your box.

If its all connected and correct it will show as green like the attached picture.

I suspect that you may not have changed the password yet. Dreambox edit will not allow you to transfer files without a password. The newer tm images like edg 4.4 do not come with password so therefore you have to give it one. Use tcc7 for changing passwords.

ki

cardealer
18-01-2009, 08:33 PM
yes keg sorted password so do i connect the ethernet cable from the 9100 to the router and connect num cable from pc to 9100

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 08:37 PM
No put cable from tm9100 to router and from pc to router. Then your pc will be able to talk to your tm9100 by going via the router. It also means thats your tm will connected to the net at all times even when your pc is switched off. You will need to do it this way if you want to share.

ki

echelon
18-01-2009, 08:44 PM
the null modem cable goes direct from pc com port to the tm9100 for flashing it only

use an ethernet cable from tm9100 to router , and also from pc to router , for all other access to the tm from your pc

cardealer
18-01-2009, 09:27 PM
right were getting there all green now says ftp connected but telnet login incorrect how do i load the file now

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 09:57 PM
Click on the box in the bottom left hand corner 2nd one up called ftp and tell us what happens.

ki

cardealer
18-01-2009, 10:05 PM
just says 530 please login with user and pass

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 10:13 PM
My feeling is that the password is incorrect. Edg nem does not come with a password and unless you actually change it with tcc7 then you will not be able to get dcc to work. Thats why I asked. If you have user as root and the password correct. All the lines will go green and it will say telnet connect and ftp connected. If all was correct you would have seen files in the left hand box which represents your tm box and the right hand side is empty as it represent your computer.

See the picture below. How it should look

cardealer
18-01-2009, 10:25 PM
i left the pass word blank and it now says telnet connected but boot manager not found do i use a different cable with tcc6 like null

cardealer
18-01-2009, 10:31 PM
tried to change password again saying no connection

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 10:39 PM
There is no need to alter any cables at all once you have got the cable connection correct you will not need to move them.

What version off tcc are you using. TCC6 might be better to start with.

Launch tcc6 and click on update.

Put the user as root and leave the password blank, also fill in the ip address of your tm box.

The click on pw change. Then follow the instructions. You will need to enter a new password twice.

cardealer
18-01-2009, 10:51 PM
right keg mate i know im being a pain now all connected now got the files on the right hand side what next mate

cardealer
18-01-2009, 10:56 PM
sorry imeant lefthand side

kegnkiwi
18-01-2009, 11:20 PM
right the hard work is now done. The file that was posted earlier in this thread download it and extract it to your desktop or my do***ent or somewhere you will no the file.

open dcc again and search for the file in the right hand box, when to have found it use the left hand box and click on var it will then take you into another set of files click on the one that says ect.

Highlight the file in the right window the extra file and click on the little arrow pointing to the left box. That should copy the file to your tm.

Exit out of dcc and use remote on tm blue botton and your looking of extras. Tell me if it's there. That should connect you to the server to allow you to download cccam and cccam,cfg

ki

cardealer
19-01-2009, 12:04 AM
i hav the file in my docs does the file say leggimi readme after i extrat i cant find it in the right hand box is that the right file u hav given me cos it says its a shortcut to the internet

kegnkiwi
19-01-2009, 12:07 AM
its not the leggimi file it is the short cut to the net that you need to send. It points your receiver to a server on the net where you can get the files from.

ki

cardealer
19-01-2009, 12:22 AM
right mate all done massive thank u for all ya help so can i enter my server into cccam file now

kegnkiwi
19-01-2009, 07:27 AM
If you have it all right you can download both the cccam 2.0.11 full or just the bin file and then cfg. I cannot remember which way it is on this image. Download both or just the one then use blue button to select the cam you have just downloaded.

Next use dcc again and go back into var/ect and select cccam.cfg file, right click and select edit. scroll down the file until you see the section on connections. put your line in there making sure there are no # before it. Leave all the other ones as they are. Exit out and turn to a channel you want to watch and hopefully your done.

ki

cardealer
19-01-2009, 10:03 AM
fantastic ki you r the best thx for all ya help mate