PDA

View Full Version : setting for 6900 to veiw on tv upstairs

adrian3824
18-01-2009, 10:38 PM
hi i want to veiw the 6900 on my bedroom tv how do you loop the signal so that you can veiw chanel upstairs and on what channel would it be on. i can do this on sky but can not find anythin in the manual cheers adrian

carbonne
18-01-2009, 11:47 PM
which 6900 do you have?
if its the earlier 6900 combo then there is no RF out on the reciever for you to view another tv, so you would need to get a separate RF unit to do this. my telly upstairs, the frequency is on 623.00mhz,

hope this helps

carbonne

echelon
18-01-2009, 11:52 PM
the new super has an rf output channel , but the standard model does not

I suspect you have the older model with just the front mounted usb , in which case there are no settings for an rf channel

a separate game adapter will do the job for you if you buy one , or use an old vcr instead and send the 6000 scart or phono leads into the vcr , select the correct av channel and use its output rf channel to feed to the remote tv

your sky box has a built in modulator to do this for you , the older 6000 series does not

bob
19-01-2009, 12:03 AM
RF out UHF is item 14 page10 in manual. There is only one RF out unlike the sly STB which has two, so if you need to use more than one RF out, a coax splitter will be needed. Default out RF channel is 40,
This can be set. 1: Main menu 2: System Settings 3: A/V Output Settings. 4: Select item 7 and change to what you want.

adrian3824
19-01-2009, 06:47 PM
hi its the new 6900 super. looking at the back it has 2 rf in. the one on the left is where my main arial is, then rf out is inputted into the other rf in then the output to my sky rf in. signal loss is massive as the last tv upstairs on digital signal is v.week and pixels. can you digital out put to veiw it upstairs or is it via analog only thanks adrian also should i boost input/output, and whats the arial 5v in the menu is that for sky bypass?

AJR
19-01-2009, 08:32 PM
should i boost input/output, and whats the arial 5v in the menu

Hi adrian3824

Only boost if the signal is weak at the bedroom tv.

If its on the aerial input then the 5v is to power a masthead amp (dont switch it on unless you have on installed) if its on the output then its to power a little 'gubbins' that can receive remote control signals (like the sky+ boxes have)

bob
19-01-2009, 08:39 PM
The 5 volts is only for use if you have a splitter or preamplifier (that needs 5 DC volts power) in line, i.e. between your TV and the actual antenna, and should be set to off. RF out is analogue only, you can use a RF Line Amp that may improve the signal to noise ratio. RF is never that good at its best, also try tuning the TV upstairs around Ch 40 to make sure you are on the main RF Channel.

dobrocop
29-01-2009, 05:00 PM
confused here,..on the tm 6800,6900 supers ,.do they both have RFthru?or is it on ly on the 6900 and then only for the FREEVIEW thru to another /s room,.i never can find an answer to this q?,,..dobrocop.

dobrocop
31-01-2009, 03:46 PM
i hate to post my own answers but ive seen the review of the tm6900 super[from Geoff bains] in what sat mag,and he says that the RF thru[modulation] is only for the freeview tuner,.so theres my answer,..

echelon
31-01-2009, 04:15 PM
the fact is they they all have rf through , which means they allow signals coming in to go out to the tv etc

the difference is that the earlier models do not have an internal modulator to send a separate rf analogue channel on top of the throughput , and so the earlier models do not have a channel that can be "tuned in" on an analogue tv using its aerial input

the newer models do have this modulator ( as present on sly boxes and the tm1000 range etc ) and so as well as rf through for analogue channels , and rf through for digital channels , they also add their own rf analogue channel which can be tuned in on an analogue tv , along with the usual 5 terrestrial analogue channels and sky if its in the loop

so although I have a tm1500 and not a 6900 super , I get the following analogue channels on my tv,s

1 - bbc 1
2 - bbc 2
2 - itv 1
4 - ch 4
5 - ch 5
6 - sky
7 - tm1500

now if I swapped the tm1500 for a tm6900 super I would still have 7 analogue channels

dont believe everything you read in wot sat !!!!

Aldo
31-01-2009, 07:50 PM
"dont believe everything you read in wot sat "!!!!

Personally I would have said " Don't believe anything that you read in Wot Sat, as most of the things that they say in the mag are outdated, even before they go to print.