PDA

View Full Version : TM6900 super, Diablo and Thor 30000 Symbol rate

kiza
21-01-2009, 07:50 PM
I am having a problem decoding Conax HD channels with 30000 Symbol rate. The lower symbol rate HD transponders are fine but those with 30000 are start and stop all the time. My 6900 super has the latest patch and Diablo runs with the latest UW file. Any ideas as what could be the problem please?

bob
21-01-2009, 09:13 PM
The new Thor 5 transponders on 12,015 GHz H and 12,130H GHz H and use 8PSK modulation (8 phase angles are used which makes it possible to transfer more data on the same bandwidth as used on traditional QPSK which uses 4 phase angles), and on these two transponders the symbol rate is very high, 30 000, which is the maximum symbol rate that most STB’s can handle.
What´s also very important when receiving 8PSK modulated transmissions is that the skew of your dish/LNB is correct, if not you´ll have problems with reception even if the transmissions from these transponders are very powerful above 40 dBW. If you use a prime focus dish it´s easy to set proper skew by rotating the LNB but if you use an offset dish you may have to tilt the whole dish to get proper skew.

I am using two Technomate 6900 super's Patch 6.64p with no problems now, on Diablo Light 2.3 with UW157.
;)

kiza
21-01-2009, 10:00 PM
The signal quality is 81% on 30000 Symbol rate transponders and 83% on other HD transponders. I've got motorized system (28E-30W) and when I tried to move the dish either E or W the quality drops but break up remains the exactly same. My Diablo is twin card reader WiFi with UW157. I do have satellite meter&spec*trum analyser but it will not decode HD transmissions and have used it originally to adjust the skew.

bob
21-01-2009, 11:42 PM
I think we can rule out any skew problems, and everything else looks good. Have you tried a Factory Reset? Remove from the mains supply for about 15sec, update the transponder changes, rescan Thor check if then working, and apply the patch. I know this is a pain, but no other useful ideas right now. To be able to borrow another box to try would be very helpful. Would also be good to hear from anyone who had a similar experience.

Ghoulie
22-01-2009, 12:50 PM
don't have any problem such as yours - but I am using just the diablo uw 157 - not patched firmware - but original TM firmware. maybe the patched firmware is the problem

kiza
22-01-2009, 01:37 PM
This is what have I done:
*Backup settings&keys
*Factory reset
*Install original TM668
*Factory reset
*Install 669p
*Factory reset
*Reinstall settings&keys

It is still the same! I have even tried to turn the patch off, but no difference.
As suggested in the previous thread I will try with original TM668.

kiza
22-01-2009, 05:31 PM
I have also deleted both 12.015 and 12.130 transponders. When I rescanned them instead of total of 7 channels i had 14 channels. Each entry showed twice on the list (2x BBCHD and so on)!!!!!!!

holmroad
22-01-2009, 06:52 PM
Did you use advance search or blind scan M8?:respect-050:

kiza
22-01-2009, 06:57 PM
Just transponder search after the channels for both transponders were deleted. I have to admit that I have seen duplicated entries before for those two frequencies.

maakz
26-02-2009, 12:29 PM
Hi

found any solutions to this ?

because i have the same problem :(

teassoc
26-02-2009, 01:05 PM
Hi

found any solutions to this ?

because i have the same problem :(

Duplicated channels is a current problem for many of us using the advance (network off) function. Will be fixed shortly I'd imagine.

maakz
26-02-2009, 03:45 PM
oh i maybe wasn't clear enough.
my problem is the diablo not working properly on the hd channels with a 30000 SR.
i don't think the duplicates have anything to to with it since all duplicates on other freqs (< 30000 SR) work fine with the diablo.

summer
26-02-2009, 06:01 PM
Hi kiza, Yes i have the same problem, with Technomate 6900HD Super, using the Diablo 2.3 Wi-Fi Cam, its freezing on 1 West, 12.130/12.015H 30000 Symbol Rate's, those are the HD Channel's, all the rest ok.
Have posted this problem on another forum, and the reply's are that most of those Technomate 6900HD Super users, are not having this problem, so it look's like We're in the minority on this one.
Some say their are conflicts with the Wi-Fi version's of the Diablo Cam, and this Technomate 6900HD Super.
Now i know for me, that the Technomate 6800 HD and Darkman's Super 2008 HD Box, work's perfect with this Diablo 2.3 Wi-Fi Cam on those 30000sr HD Channels.

holmroad
26-02-2009, 06:12 PM
Duplicated channels is a current problem for many of us using the advance (network off) function. Will be fixed shortly I'd imagine.

Havent had chance, or rather the 'need' to try it yet, but isnt the latest 672 patch supposed to sort the known tuning problems?:respect-069:

kiza
26-02-2009, 06:16 PM
Other people with 6900 Super and Diablo WiFi are having the same problems. The question is what can we do if anything.

Hi kiza, Yes i have the same problem, with Technomate 6900HD Super, using the Diablo 2.3 Wi-Fi Cam, its freezing on 1 West, 12.130/12.015H 30000 Symbol Rate's, those are the HD Channel's, all the rest ok.
Have posted this problem on another forum, and the reply's are that most of those Technomate 6900HD Super users, are not having this problem, so it look's like We're in the minority on this one.
Some say their are conflicts with the Wi-Fi version's of the Diablo Cam, and this Technomate 6900HD Super.
Now i know for me, that the Technomate 6800 HD and Darkman's Super 2008 HD Box, work's perfect with this Diablo 2.3 Wi-Fi Cam on those 30000sr HD Channels.

thecaretaker
26-02-2009, 06:37 PM
You should find 16 channels on those 2 tps. The channels are doubled up on 12.130 & 12.015H. Although most regular sites don't seem to show it, one does but the name is not allowed on this forum for some reason.

Make sure you are tuned to the correct 'main' channela and not the duplicate ones. The duplicates regularly have sound dropout and picture black outs.

However, I have had occasional freezing, perticularly when recording these channels. I also get them at 81-83% quality. I think it is the nature of the beast.

http://www.postimage.org/gx1sbuO0.jpg (http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=gx1sbuO0)

maakz
13-03-2009, 04:41 PM
again, i highly doubt this has anything to do with duplicates.

from what i understand the problem only occurs on the "super" model in combination with diablo wifi.

i can confirm the tm6900 (non-super) + diablo wifi working perfectly (every duplicated channel works).

i tried messing around with the channels and transponders in ndf edit (editing the values of the tp's so that they match lyngsat ).
without any luck so far.

so i assume the bug is in the TM firmware and not in the UW ?

and could it be a hardware issue which would mean they can't even fix it ?

kiza
13-03-2009, 05:16 PM

from what i understand the problem only occurs on the "super" model in combination with diablo wifi.

i can confirm the tm6900 (non-super) + diablo wifi working perfectly (every duplicated channel works).

i tried messing around with the channels and transponders in ndf edit (editing the values of the tp's so that they match lyngsat ).
without any luck so far.

The duplicates, as described before are there because of different SID and have nothing to do with problems. But there is nobody to complain to as it could be either Diablo WiFi or TM problem and that's not good.

holmroad
13-03-2009, 06:54 PM

without any luck so far.

The duplicates have occurred with earlier TM6000 series patches - nothing to do with the cam or the M2+ card which ALSO opens C+ on 1W in Conax dont forget - its to do with the TM 'fine-tuning' software, which has allegedly been solved with the last TWO patches!
Be interesting to hear feedback that confirms this fact!:respect-050: