PDA

View Full Version : Freezing question

Dice Man
25-01-2009, 05:16 PM
Using newcs 1.62 /CCcam 2.05

Can anybody explain why Discovery HD on 28.2 constantly freezes/pixelates with a s#y card in the dm800?

S#y arts HD is similar, but all of the other SD/HD channels have zero or very little freezing.

Now when i was over in the darkside ;) (seen the light now) all the many se##ers i tried with CCcam only, if there was a little freezing on channels, Discovery HD was unwatchable, like now.

Why does this channel behave differently?

I'm thinking maybe it's something to do with my set-up, but the signal is high.

Or is it the same for all?

sonic1
25-01-2009, 06:04 PM
What sort of signal strength and quality are you getting on these channels compared to others?

Dice Man
25-01-2009, 06:26 PM
Discovery HD - SNR=11 AGC=66% BER=286 -oh,just seen the BER, must be that?

Similar to that for S#y Arts HD.

I've just seen they are from the same transponder too, with only one other channel on which i don't have.

All other channels have high signal and BER 0.

It can't be the dish as like i say, all other channels fine, also had a quad core LNB fitted to S#y mini dish on friday, and i've had this issue before that and now also.

Both channels fine on S#y box off same dish from the quad LNB.

So, how can i solve it?

Dice Man
25-01-2009, 07:58 PM
I've ftp'd the channels into dbedit all the 3 channels are picked up as type data, so something is incorrect here.

Anybody suggest changing some settings in dbedit before i send them back?

Thanks.

sonic1
25-01-2009, 08:02 PM
Just looked at my settings and they also show as data:respect-050:
Let me know how you get on.
Just remember to make a back up.

simon 2003
25-01-2009, 08:05 PM
in service type m8,in channel edit of DBE put a 1 ,that will allocate it as a tv channel,dunno if that will help

Dice Man
25-01-2009, 10:10 PM
in service type m8,in channel edit of DBE put a 1 ,that will allocate it as a tv channel,dunno if that will help

I tried that m8, then checked the pid's ect were correct and sent them back to the dm800....still freezing bad and BER = 673!

I'm struggling to get this deleted so i can try to manually scan the transponder.

I ftp all the files fom my dm800 into dbedit, from the main list, it's not in bouquets, i right click on the channel - delete services - gone. Re-up to dm800 but it's still there. If i then ftp back to dbedit i's gone.

How do i delete from the dm800?

Thanks

veron57
25-01-2009, 10:46 PM
In dreamboxedit, when you press the FTP tab, check the box that says 'Remove unused bouquets from dreambox'. Maybe that will help

Dice Man
25-01-2009, 11:05 PM
I tried that but it didn't work, still there.

I have auto reload settings Enigma 2 checked too?

I only want to delete some channels :smash::smash:

veron57
25-01-2009, 11:27 PM
Sometimes for me, dbedit doesnt reload correctly. Try telnet, login and type 'reboot'.

Normally when I used dbedit (and it reloads properly) any changes of removing or adding works ok.

Its also possible to manually delete channels directly off your dm800 using the menu button whilst on the channel you wish to remove. (Once you are in your channel lists/bouquets screen)

loveman
26-01-2009, 12:17 AM
had a few channels like this i was using on 1w...

Way i got around it, was to delete the channels from dbedit (not from the bouquets, but from the proper channel list main section). Upload back to box. Then, do a manual scan on just the transponder you're having the problems with, then go to the satellite and choose the channel, check it works ok. then add it to the bouquet...

Dice Man
26-01-2009, 12:43 AM
Well i had to use dreamset finally, Anyway, i deleated all the channels from that transponder, re-upped to dm880 - channels gone...but when i now do a search on that transponder 0 channels are found. I could pick them up before with a manual scan.

Thanks.

stefor
26-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Hi Dice Man

I had the same problem upto a couple of weeks ago. I noticed the the Astra channels that gave this problem all seemed to have a symbol rate of 29500 and when I go into setup every other transponder showed up except the ones with 29500, which were all zero for signal, AGC and BER and wouldn't lock onto the transponder!! I thought it might be my LNB but then found if I slightly fine tune the dish they stopped freezing and breaking up.

I don't know if this makes sense or is any help, but if your only getting SRN of 11, I'd see if you can tweek your dish a touch and see if it's the same for you.

Cheers
Steve

Dice Man
26-01-2009, 02:21 AM
Hi m8,

I think it may be a different issue.

Firstly, after i managed to delete the 4 channels from the transponder i actually could pick them up in a manual search - should have been DVB-S2 i was searching!

Anyway, i done as loveman suggested but it was the same.

All of the channels on 28.2, including these four have a good SNR/AGC level, except these four have a BER up to 700, BER is zero on the rest.

Also it's not the 29500 either as there's loads of other channels like these four with 29500/ 3/4 which are all perfect.

The effect is not like a poor signal, or actual freezing with cs. It's much worse!

I'm baffled and beaten, pity as Discovery HD is difficult to get on 19.2 & 13.0 with an English audio.

dman
26-01-2009, 09:10 AM
I had same the problem with Discovery HD nearly drove me mad had 800 Box on an 80cm dish so i switched to my 1.2m and now the signal is much better and no freezing at all on Discovery HD now, well at least that what I think caused it https://www.satpimps.co.uk/images/icons/icon7.gif

deankanoni
26-01-2009, 12:40 PM
Im having this exact issue. DiscoveryHD, DisneyCinHD are on this transponder (4 chans total) and no matter what they are awful and juddery. Ive tried changing image, re-scanning and its just the chans on this transponder. If we get a fix for this my life will be complete lol.

Currently now on 3.9 Gemini

loveman
26-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Just checked disney cinemagic hd and discovery hd agc with 0 ber...

This is on gemini 4.0 image.

Have uploaded my channel list for you to give a go, see if that works for you...

dman
27-01-2009, 12:06 AM
DiscoveryHD, DisneyCinHD 80cm dish AGC 66 Freezing a lot DiscoveryHD, DisneyCinHD on 1.2m dish AGC 99 no Freeze at all not sure what AGC means though, 80 cm dish was aligned with a meter

ecopak
27-01-2009, 12:14 AM
hi there! i have freezing problems with eurosport hd and national geographic hd.
i use nabilo 0.7.

Dice Man
27-01-2009, 12:17 AM
The thing is, all 4 offending channels are shown as data channels and not tv in dbedit.

I'll try your channel list and see if it works.

Thanks.

I changed images to gemini 4.0 and uploaded your lists.

The BER on all 4 channels went up to 450 and still froze!

deankanoni
27-01-2009, 10:08 AM
The thing is, all 4 offending channels are shown as data channels and not tv in dbedit.

I'll try your channel list and see if it works.

Thanks.

I changed images to gemini 4.0 and uploaded your lists.

The BER on all 4 channels went up to 450 and still froze!

i have tried this on 3.8, 3.9 and 4.0 and nab 0.7 and all images prove to be the same :( joke is my BER stays at 0 and STILL does it.

As for them being data - ALL of my HD chans show as data and the rest are fine - so i dont think thats an issue.

loveman
27-01-2009, 02:08 PM
This sounds more like an environmental issue (i.e. interference or sat alignment or something like that).

If you have your wireless router or a dect cordless phone anywhere near the box, try removing them. This is know to cause problems with some satellite channels (and not on others)...

Dice Man
27-01-2009, 05:30 PM
This sounds more like an environmental issue (i.e. interference or sat alignment or something like that).

If you have your wireless router or a dect cordless phone anywhere near the box, try removing them. This is know to cause problems with some satellite channels (and not on others)...

It could be the case, but it's not the dish/LNB, as i had a new quad LNB fitted and dish realignmemet on the mini-dish last week, and prior to that i had the same issue.

It actually looks like some corruption/interference on the picture, rather than freezing.

What does a high BER indicate ? Is it not data corruption? I'm not sure.

loveman
27-01-2009, 06:34 PM
it's usually caused by interference...

Hence why I suggested a wireless router/dect telephone etc... I've also heard of people who've had the ber be affected by works being performed on the railway line which ran at the back of the house, so could be caused by building works or other things...

Other thing that I meant to ask, is the f-plug a good clean connection?

kebien
27-01-2009, 06:48 PM
BER is errors in the stream (bit errors)
Mean the signal entering the tuner is not at a high level,and the higher the errors,the more the picture will break up

Dice Man
13-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Hey, i managed to cure this!

Changed my 4-way DiSEqC switch (vision) to a new 4-way DiSEqC switch (technomate) - all channels on 12324 v 28.2 are now freeze/interference free and BER =0.

My original DiSEqC switch worked perfect over all satellite's with zero issues apart from that transponder.

As a few others had the same issue, maybe try a technomate DiSEqC switch.