PDA

View Full Version : dm800 to hdtv and to capture card at same time

techmob
27-01-2009, 08:42 PM
Just noticed that the dm800 doesn't have composite, unlike my dm500 (yellow,red and white) which i connect to my tv card in my pc and watch via that when i let someone else hog the tv for a change..

but the dm800 doesn't have any but i noticed it has a dvi and scart, i was thinking of having the dvi to my hdtv, and then use my exsiting yellow,red and white cables into a scart adaptor and then into the scart on the dm800, thus allowing a singal through to my tv card, in theory this would work but i have a dilemma which i think could stop this

when you configure the dm800, my guess is you have to tell it what resolution, 720p or 1080i and if that is the case then maybe the scart doesn't output and only the dvi does?

can anyone confirm?

what i am asking is it possible to use the dvi to hdtv and the scart at the same time without it causing a problem, so i can still view the dreambox via my capture card on the pc

thanks

sonic1
27-01-2009, 09:13 PM
Not tested but as you say if you select dvi then you are not going to get another output.

Maybe you could test and confirm ? :respect-051:

techmob
27-01-2009, 09:22 PM
apparently the scart still outputs analog audio from scart while using dvi.

but i will be suprised if it does video aswell...

how well does the web interface streaming work?

cheers

sonic1
27-01-2009, 09:28 PM
I use Nabilo 0.7, download and use web IF Enhanced if you use this image.
The new web info is very slow and buggy without the latest updates.

techmob
27-01-2009, 09:54 PM
ok ta... i will be using the same image i think

dubious
27-01-2009, 10:13 PM
what i am asking is it possible to use the dvi to hdtv and the scart at the same time without it causing a problem, so i can still view the dreambox via my capture card on the pc

Well, my 800 came with a scart to phono adapter and a set of red,white and yellow phono leads.

It does output audio and video from the scart at the same time as the DVI, I actually connect it to an RF modulator for distribution around the house.

kebien
28-01-2009, 04:47 AM
Yes,I can confirm it does output video and audio from the scart as well as the dvi out at the same time.

techmob
28-01-2009, 08:58 AM
great stuff....thanks