PDA

View Full Version : Smargo

Dice Man
28-01-2009, 05:01 PM
I've installed the Windows drivers & the nabilo drivers as well as editing the CCcam config, but then i realised there are no lights at all on the smargo.

They are supposed to be green right?

Any advice on getting this picked up by the DM800?

Also, from top to bottom, which is usb1 on 800? :frown:

Ok, i see a solid green light only on the botton of the smargo now, is that ok? just that "Make sure the chip on the card faces the same direction as the lights on the reader" doesn't make sense.

In devices/usb it is empty, so do i have to mount it in nabilo? I've just started using Nabilosat so i'm uncertain how?

Dice Man
28-01-2009, 06:51 PM
Good, got it working!

Manual installing the nabilo drivers with dcc didn't work - probably had to do something else after that.

Installed via addons, USB 0 (top usb) was then in dev/usb....all opened :woohoo-022::woohoo-022::woohoo-022:

Dice Man
04-02-2009, 05:38 PM
HELP!

I've had this working perfect! I had to re-flash nabilo image last night so tried installing smargo again, but i can't get the USB 0 to be seen in dev/usb this time.

First thing, do i just open the smartreader .exe to get the "writing settings successful" when smargo is connected to the pc usb only, and not do this when connected to the dm800 usb? I was sure it's just with smargo in the pc usb i need to do it.

1: Downloaded 1.3 drivers.

2. Windows picks up new hardware - installs drivers from Windows drivers in the 1.3 drivers folder - seen in device manager ok with a com port.

3. Open smartreader exe - autoswitch - dreambox - apply - "writing settings successful".

4. Edited the file bootup in the folder /ect/init.d
echo 90 > /proc/progress
modprobe ftdi_sio

5.Edited cccam:
SERIAL READER : /dev/usb/tts/0 smartreader+
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/ttsUSB0 5300000

6. Ftp'd the Smargo_Driver_BH_DB800_nab into temp (attributes 755) and installed via addons - changed the 3 files iftdi_sio.ko/pl2303.ko/usbserial.ko to attributes 755 (tried with default attributes too).

Smargo in top usb of dm800 (as before).....but all blank in dev/usb ?

Manually instlling via addons before and the usb & reader was shown in dev/usb.

So, been at it for 9 hours+ but i can't get it to work again. I really need some help. Can't see how i've gone wrong the 2nd time?

sonic1
04-02-2009, 05:48 PM
What else did you change?
Did you change flash image ?
Did you change BA version ?
Have you updated the software from DMM ?
I can send you my init.d file if you wish.

Without sounding smug I installed drivers, edited init.d and added the two lines to my CCcam.cfg, rebooted and it worked. Took all of 10mins.

As you have had it working before I think it is something to do with the image update.

Dice Man
04-02-2009, 05:56 PM
I did everything as before m8.

Flashed latest nabilo image several times, updated software via green panel, not sure what change BA version means?

Edited as before too!

Totally lost!
Let me ake a look at that file please.

Thanks.

canthackit
04-02-2009, 06:07 PM
@ Dice Man

once you've flashed the Smargo once you dont need to do it anymore.

looks like to me your trying to many things the only process you need is this

1. you've edited the CCcam.cfg file ok.
2. the nabilo drivers copy over manualy ie open the files and copy the "serial folder" to /lib/modules/2.6.12-5.1 -brcmstp-dm800/kernel/drivers/usb.
3. now the bit your missing edit the /etc/init.d/bootup file with this...modprobe ftdi_sio.... add it as the last entry in the file.
4. reboot.

regards: canthackit

Dice Man
04-02-2009, 06:23 PM
I've already edited the bootup file in ect/init.d, my last 2 lines are:

echo 90 > /proc/progress
modprobe ftdi_sio

I've just tried ftp'ing the nabilo drivers as opposed from addons, changed attributes to 755...nothing!

Thanks.

canthackit
04-02-2009, 06:36 PM
forget the 1st line you dont need it just ..modprobe ftdi_sio, and no need to change the attributes.

is the smargo in the same usb port it's always been?

i'm stumped atm.

Dice Man
04-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Yes, top usb on dm800 (0) i've even tried the bottom one & changed the values in cccam config to 1 but not picked up in dev/usb.
Bottom of bootup file: Also used the other line before - echo 90 > /proc/progress. Also tried with #Nabilo above it.

#Nabilo
echo 30 > /proc/progress
[ -e "/usr/bin/nfs_server_script.sh" ] && /usr/bin/nfs_server_script.sh start

#Nabilo
echo 31 > /proc/progress
[ -e "/usr/bin/inadyn_script.sh" ] && /usr/bin/inadyn_script.sh start

modprobe ftdi_sio

sonic1
04-02-2009, 08:25 PM
Follow this and it works, I have tried and tested it.

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showpost.php?p=580012&postcount=11

Dice Man
04-02-2009, 09:27 PM
Well, i managed to get it to work again, and when i did i started from scratch again so i was 100% certain i knew how to do this.

What it seemed to be was, after i had edited all the fies and had installed the nabilo drivers from addons - i then had to reboot.

On every occassion when it didn't pick up the reader in dev/usb i restarted enigma 2 .

However when i tried "restart" from the nabilo shutown menu on reboot...bingo!

So can you confirm, that a restart is needed and not to restart enigma ?
Thought both would be the same result? Or are they different?

Thanks anyway.

canthackit
06-02-2009, 10:54 AM
no mate they are different, i'm not sure in what way though.

but that's why we say reboot the DB and not restart enigma2.