PDA

View Full Version : Dreambox 500s settings

awe3s
30-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Hi guys,

Just a quicky one, if I load a new settings file into a dreambox will I need to reload all the relevant configs that I had before? I'm new to dreambox and I used to use Humax. From my previous experience with Humax is that once you load settings file, then you will need to load key.bin etc..., will this apply to Dreambox.

Cheers

bonehead
30-01-2009, 06:56 PM
It depends on what settings if you load a new or different image then yes (save any settings first with something like Dreambox Control Center) then after new image is done just FTP the files/configs back across using the same program.If its just channel settings you should be ok but its always a good idea to back up any important config files.

Regards,
Bonehead

awe3s
30-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Thanks, it is just channel settings.

awe3s
21-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I have got another question. After I upload new settings file (after I have customized the channels that I need) and everything looks fine, then after a while I notice that new channels appear automatically!!!, those appear under Providers (different one appear). Is this normal?? And how do I stop those being downloaded automatically.

Thanks

Burnham
22-02-2009, 05:17 PM
That is the usual default.

There ia an option called Disable services updates in the expert menu which is supposed to stop this happening.