PDA

View Full Version : 8PSK quality

satcrazy
30-01-2009, 10:29 PM
Hi guys. I live in North America. I think the Octagon 918 will work here since it has Pal to NTSC conversion. My question is, does this receiver have any problems locking on the MPEG-4 8PSK and HD signal or does it find them smoothly. does it have picture freezing problems? also, when you inter frequencies manually, are you able to manually enter the type of signal( DVB-S, DVB-S2, 8PSK, etc.). and what is your over all opinion for this receiver? Thanks!

peter273
31-01-2009, 09:58 AM
Since the receiver has ntsc-out it'll work there on a standard tv set.

Yes it's very flexible in entering parameters, all the ones you mention, and it has a great tuner.

Only freezers I know of is when using some specific cards or specific (faulty?) softwares on a CAM module, so deepdown both having nothing to do with the box itself

Greetz

satcrazy
31-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Thank you so much, I am very happy to hear that. So I am assuming if I connected this receiver to my HDTV through HDMI I will have no problems, right?

peter273
31-01-2009, 11:10 PM
Right.
And by the way: If you connect by hdmi you don't have the need for ntsc, all signals stay purely digital while on the other end ntsc is a pure analog signal.

Greetz

satcrazy
01-02-2009, 03:30 AM
Thank you.

eazy
17-02-2009, 11:02 PM
I've heard that there are improvements reffering this issue in the new emus. The sd quality should be raised up.