PDA

View Full Version : Lcd lamp

Jim Dale
31-01-2009, 05:59 PM
Im getting a new lamp for me LCD Rear projection 50inch hdmi tv set and the make is a Sony, i was just thinking to me self do all these plasmas/LCD tv sets have the same trouble with the lamp,

at the moment my tv keeps flickering plus the color keeps going and these lamps are £165 quid, on top of that my rupee digital bax is having trouble with the sound, it goes from left to right all the time and its a pain in the arse, jim dale

SPX
31-01-2009, 06:13 PM
only rear proj/dlp tv's have lamps !
very expensive at that.

keith mawer
03-02-2009, 06:57 PM
JIM .
I read with interest your thread .
i have had my rear projection toshiba now for 10 years .. so far no problems!!!!!!!!
that said the back of the set is sealed,, so there is no way i could change anything!!

Jim Dale
03-02-2009, 07:26 PM
when you sellect hdmi using your remote the letters showing HDMI are blue and when you show a dvd film you get this out line around the actor and its blue, nearly all parts are bluish, if i show a HD bluray then the picture is terrible to watch so it can only be one thing the lamp, i've tried sorting out the settings but still its no luck,jim dale

james325ise
03-02-2009, 07:48 PM
before you buy a lamp !!!!

sounds like a problem i had with my sony lcd ..give me a little time and i will post the cure i have on file somewhere will start looking a simple fix

james325ise
03-02-2009, 07:51 PM
ok found it this cured my hd problem when i had lcd and sounds like same thing ... print this if i was you makes it easier to understand quite simple when you get the hang of it lol

To bring up the "service" menu, put the TV in standby mode, then press in sequence :

Onscreen Display ( the little screen with the i+ in it )
5 ( channel number 5 )
Volume Up ( upper end of volume button )
Analogue ( middle top button )

The TV should switch on and when it's warmed up, you should see a screen with lots of big green lettering on it.

Press the "menu" button ( middle bottom )

Use the direction dial to move down to "LCD Drivers" and press right on the dial to enter this menu.

Move down to "S H Pos Reg R". It should be "10", change it to "11". ( Left/Right to adjust )
Move down to "S H Pos Reg G". It should be "10", change it to "11".
Move down to "SHPos Reg B". It should be "10", change it to "11".

Press the menu bottom to drop out of the menus, and the standy button to drop to standby. Switch back on, and hopefully your ghosting will be gone. Mine was, haven't noticed any side effects, seems ok.

I don't know exactly what this setting does...guess is it adjusts the horizontal shift, maybe something gets burnt out on 10...??

Since I posted it first, I'm going to dub this the "Spinal Tap" solution. Since... "if you put it on 11, that's 1 louder..."

Jim Dale
03-02-2009, 08:21 PM
well im trying but getting nothing what your talking about, you say put tv in standby and im looking at the tv remote thinking what the hell do i press because there's not much to look at on my silver remote,

3tv
03-02-2009, 08:59 PM
service menus differ from model to model, google or avforums might be able to help you get into yours

james325ise
03-02-2009, 09:05 PM
my model was Sony bravia KDFE50A12 50 in. HDTV

if not the same then just google search your model service menu as 3tv said and settings to change should b similar

what model is your set ?

and what im talking about is possibly saving you £200 for a new lamp !"!

and even if new lamp fitted might not cure the problem ...your saying you have

SPX
03-02-2009, 09:44 PM
JIM .
I read with interest your thread .
i have had my rear projection toshiba now for 10 years .. so far no problems!!!!!!!!
that said the back of the set is sealed,, so there is no way i could change anything!!

is yours a crt driven rear proj perhaps ?

Jim Dale
04-02-2009, 11:46 AM
SONY KDF-E50A12U - Projection TV
http://i44.tinypic.com/2r3fmyq.png
http://i39.tinypic.com/9gcxe8.jpg

the remote is a silver one with the words at the bottom of the remote saying,RM-ED002 and just under the number 7 you will see a buton with a I+,
now i've pressed this button after the tv is put into standby but bugger all is happening, no green words comes to eye, am i doing something wrong

james325ise
04-02-2009, 02:35 PM
same tv as i had so yes your not following instructions

do as via instructions just read and it

in standby press in sequence = one after the other !!!

so press i+ then press number 5 after then press up on volume button and then Analogue ( middle top button ) then service menu will appear

Jim Dale
04-02-2009, 03:26 PM
well the green menu came up and i did what the guy said and guess what, the blue color has gone and the picture is perfect, thanks guys for saving me £165 quid, jim dale:respect-059::respect-059:

james325ise
04-02-2009, 04:59 PM
.......................gr8 glad it sorted your problem....................

will only b a £72 admin charge lmao

Jim Dale
04-02-2009, 06:25 PM
well all was going so well with my tv/bluray player and i've tried out a 1080p film and the quality is out of this world no blue ghosting but i've a problem, a few weeks ago my brother said the screen went white and now i've just took out my bluray dvd film and the screen is pink color and the only way i could get it to go back to the normal screen was to turn the tv off then back on, jim dale:07: