PDA

View Full Version : Rotor Turning Speed

albsky
04-02-2009, 11:31 PM
Hi,
I have DM800 with rotor stab hh120.
The problem I have is that the rotor is turning too slow(more than two seconds per grade). I see in the use manual this setting: Rotor Turning Speed. But I cannot find it in the menu.
Is there anything I can do to speed it up a little bit?
I am using Gemini 3.9.
Thanks

veron57
05-02-2009, 12:04 AM
What are you moving between, what do you mean by a grade?

I find moving from 28.2 to 19.2 takes about 5seconds which doesn't bother me at all. Moving from 28.2east to 1west takes longer and I find myself flicking between the two less often due to the motor time.
I am very happy about my motor though (super dark motor).

If you want to speed up the change between satellites my suggestion is to get more dishes! :P
There will always be a delay with motors which is why people opt for multiple dishes using diseqc. Im not sure about the settings to increase the speed sorry. The motor is powered from your box connected via coax and it has its limits.

What I would like to do at some point is to get a fixed dish at 28.2 (of the typical minidish sort) and use my motorised dish for everything else.

albsky
05-02-2009, 12:28 AM
For me moving from 28.2 to 19.2 takes 20 secs

mark1500
05-02-2009, 01:17 AM
hi
i had a stab motor years ago and even then it took me ages to move between sats,
so know i us a vbox into a superjack and it takes a matter of seconds to move from 28e to 1w
thats why i got rid of the hh

mark