PDA

View Full Version : help needed

bored_stupid
07-02-2009, 10:36 AM
hello there some help needed please. i have hd combo 200 with 318system info saying last update 10 dec 2008. have not updated this my self was already on it when bought from shop. trying 2 upgrade 2 gmax 318 have loaded it on usb pen and its show up in usb hd f318. uad .when i press ok do i load sw update or sw +all data up date and do the fatory reset . thank,s

dishdad
07-02-2009, 03:44 PM
hello there some help needed please. i have hd combo 200 with 318system info saying last update 10 dec 2008. have not updated this my self was already on it when bought from shop. trying 2 upgrade 2 gmax 318 have loaded it on usb pen and its show up in usb hd f318. uad .when i press ok do i load sw update or sw +all data up date and do the fatory reset . thank,s

If you wish to save your channel list ( it is a .UDB file), copy it to your USB before upgrading the software and factory reset, this allows you to reload your saved channel list, again by USB, after the upgrade.

Upgrading the software:-
USB, select 'S/W UPGRADE'....then....'OK' with the remote control.

The second option alters the bootloader and IS NOT normally needed.

The shop loaded software is most likely the 'official' release and does not contain keys etc. Even if it did or not contain keys this means the receiver has already been updated and NOT as released from the factory, it could mean too that the receiver has been returned by a previous client who loaded the 318 version. To protect yourself I suggest informing the shop that the 318 software is loaded and IS NOT therefore as leaving the factory. If there is a problem with the receiver you may be told that the warranty is invalid as you have loaded non approved upgrade.

Just a point worth mentioning as a few have ben refused a replacement, your discussion should be with the place of purchase to ascertain why the receiver software is NOT as originally packaged!

Best wishes.

bored_stupid
07-02-2009, 04:01 PM
thanks dish dad for your time & help will take your adive and check wth shop . before upgrading :respect-060: