PDA

View Full Version : hdmi auto switching

loveman
08-02-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi guys.

Just wondering if anyone else is having problems with autoswitching with the hdmi?

Until yesterday, I had no problems with the autoswitching. If I was watching a channel on normal tv, when I turned on the dm800, it would automatically switch over to the dm800 channel.

However, yesterday, I loaded up the new drivers dated 0206, and also updated barry allen from the one included with the nabilo pureflash 29dec, to ba 4.6.73.

Now, whenever I switch the box on, it doesn't auto switch to the box from tv. I have to manually go through a/v to the hdmi. If I do this with the box switched off, I have a torquise sort of colour screen, as if the hdmi is already outputting a signal (hence the reason why there's no auto switching)?!

Today I just updated to the drivers dated 0207, and still have the prob. So I guess it's either a bug in the drivers, or with barry allen.

Anyone else got similar probs?

Nushi
08-02-2009, 05:19 PM
On my DM800 works fine autoswitching with updated drivers date 0206.

bobbyboil
08-02-2009, 07:55 PM
i'd check the leads were pushed in properly

loveman
08-02-2009, 09:48 PM
already checked leads and all.

As stated, worked perfectly fine before updating barry allen and drivers... Guess I might try re-installing flash and seeing how it goes. When I get time that is...

kewell79
08-02-2009, 10:41 PM
try older BA, since 6.2 drivers work fine

or BA .75

loveman
09-02-2009, 01:37 PM
Might try going up to ba .75. Just typical it gets released after I upgraded :p lol. If not, can you downgrade BA with the ipk installer, or would I need to d a full reflash?

kewell79
09-02-2009, 02:20 PM
you can uinstall BA, no need for reflash

angusc
12-02-2009, 05:41 AM
How to get the auto switching function to work? I have a DM800 and a Pioneer AV amp. I had the DM800 HDMI lead originally plugged through the AV amp but that meant that i had to select the HDMI input of the amp when i wanted to watch the DM800. I then plugged the HDMI lead directly in to the TV which has 2 HDMI inputs. Now when i want to watch in HDMI mode i simply switch the tv input selector to HDMI1 input.

Please could you tell me any basic set up procedure that I should follow to get the DM800 and HDMI working properly with my AV amp.

I note that the menu graphics and titles are very poor if using only the SCART out put from the DM800 but when switched to the HDMI output to the TV the graphics are very picture sharp.

Thanx for any advice.

loveman
16-02-2009, 04:59 PM
OK, just to let you know my experiences...

I updated to the latest barry allen, still had problems with it. I've put gemini 4.1 on the usb, and am currently using that, and it works well. But when I used (not used it since mind) 4.0, it still had the problem!?

Oh well, happy it's working with latest gemini :)