PDA

View Full Version : DM800 - Blocked when boot - /flash/vmlinux

fced
16-02-2009, 10:23 PM
Hello
i have tried a lot of images, and i have this problem after i restart...
The box stay blocked at flash/wmlinux.gz or with some images
stay blocked at the beginning of loadbar (loadbar under the B of booting)

the only images wich make my dm800 reboot without problem is with the
release-dm800_20080912.nfi (original release - included in all dm800)
or with Pureflash 29dec (it boot also)
But in those images i can't find the Addon Menu ...

i have notified an thing with images causing me problem, at first install, if i disable the network, i can reboot without problems...

Did someone have same experience with his DM800 ?

Thanks for answer
Ced

x5
16-02-2009, 10:31 PM
release-dm800_20080912.nfi (original release - included in all dm800)
or with Pureflash 29dec (it boot also)
But in those images i can't find the Addon Menu ...
Ced

hi this 2 images r CVS so u wont find the addon menu
is your box original or clone??
how r u flashing the images ?? webif or dreamup??

sonic1
16-02-2009, 10:46 PM
Don't buy your DM800 in Derb ghallef ?

fced has a clone so the only option is to use early images.

Sorry fced but you are one of the unlucky ones, the clone attack is going to be hard on DM clones from now I think.

fced
16-02-2009, 11:23 PM
yes its an clone, but i have see lot of peoples on the net, don't have the problem...
So may be this box have an technic problem... if yes, i will try to change it... but before trying to change it would have an confirmation...

I flash with Dreamup, i also tried to flash from webif... same problem...
in reality, sometimes, the box boot, sometimes it stay blocked at beginning of the boot...
The only images wich make my box boot completely and work each time i press restart in Menu, are the two CVS ...

Sonic, what early image i should try ? did you have an idea ?
because i tried also an version of BH 0.5 (same problem)

sonic1
16-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Try LT SP3, Only a guess though bud

fced
16-02-2009, 11:42 PM
Thanks again for your answer Sonic
I like LT Team, it's the first image i tryed to install when i came home with my box (i tryed all of them from Sp3, SP2, SP1)

May be my box havbe an real problem (i mean technic problem, network card problem)
But in this case, why did it work with the Two CVS, even with network enabled, i can boot 20 times and no crash... it's the thing i don't understand...

One thing ; is it normal the two light (green and yellow) on the Network port are lighted constantly ? even when i unplug the Ethernet cable?

x5
17-02-2009, 12:18 AM
i would sugest u to use the image on usb with barry allen
put Nabilosat DM800 Pure Flash 29DEC08 on flash and run your main image on usb if that dosent work u may have a faulty box

fced
17-02-2009, 01:25 AM
With the pureflash, i don'ty have reboot problem, but at the end of the assistant i got an error message from Barry Allen extension...
And don't have found the Addon Panel in this image...
i will retry...

x5
17-02-2009, 01:56 AM
With the pureflash, i don'ty have reboot problem, but at the end of the assistant i got an error message from Barry Allen extension...
And don't have found the Addon Panel in this image...
i will retry...

i need to have a usb or hd drive pluged in your dm800 to be able to install BA

fced
17-02-2009, 04:35 AM
Oh yes, it's what i have seen :)
i have installed Pureflash 29dec, in flash with dreamup, then reflashed with bootloader ss69
i formatted an usb key (clé usb)fat32 and followed an tutorial(barryallen044_rx-en) to install barry allen with telnet,
barry allen was installed, i seen him in Extensions panel (blue button with pureflash)
and then i rebooted as say in the tutorial...
When i got in interface, BarryAllen plugin was having disapperead... gone (no barryallen)
so i retryed without rebooting ; i uploaded an image in Media/usb/MB_Images.
From the extensions panel, i ran Barryallen, installed BH07withss69, selected him for boot, and now the box have booted on it...
i don't understand, the box have booted on pureflash, not on bh07 choosed with barryallen...

X5, tell me an thing, is it normal the 2 lights on the ethernet port wtay lighted ?

fced
17-02-2009, 07:01 AM
i have succefully installed BarryAllen 4.641, have installed on key usb Nab BH07s69, rebooted, but got enigma crashes (green screen)
3 time when i accessed Tuner setting in Motor Setting
2 time when i accessed Emu Setting, and changed it
When i installed BH07 or all the other images in flash, i don't have gone Enigma bug (just one time with an image i reflashed with ss62)...
i got Tuner Enigma bug, with two configs
release-dm800_20080912.nfi in flash + BH07ss69
Pureflash 20dec2008

when i rebooted on flash to try another image, Barry allen plugin, was having disapperead from plugin panel....
Really now i'm lost, is this box haunted ?

fced
17-02-2009, 07:32 AM
i rebooted, again, and the box showed me BArryAllen Boot Menu with the two images ;

i choosed BH07 in usb key, and box have booted on it...
but don't know why barry allen extension have disapperead from panel (image in flash)

and now, i'm in BH07 (boot from usb-with barryallen boot menu) under the Motor menu, i gone in Tune, pressed the red key, choosen sat and no bug...

My box is haunted...

i would prefier to have an image in flash, because as i said, except the boot problem (it's not ERROR NO CA caused by ss70), the box is very stable... much more than my DM500... and flash memory is more fast i think

today, i will try to go see the reseller, and see with him for replacing the box by another...
May be this box have an defect, wich cause the problem.

because 1 time on 2, if i unplug the power chord, when i plug it in the box, the box dont light, front panel don't light, but the red/yellow lights Network port at the rear of the box are lighted...

So may be it's an network port problem, or alimentation (power) problem

X5, is it normal the two lights on network port are lighting even if there is no cable connected on it ?

dreamrac
17-02-2009, 08:12 AM
jap, that's on a original DM800 the same with the two lights on the Network card...

fced
17-02-2009, 10:21 AM
ah ok, thanks...
i continued to try to make this box work...
When the box block at boot, if i to activate "Flash Recovery" in telnet (push front button when plug-in power), and save & restart, it reboot without problem...
May be something broke the Flash memory when i restart the box...

Guys, do you know how to get an boot log ? to see where occur the problem ?

fced
17-02-2009, 11:54 AM
i have found an post on the PLi Forum, and an guy have same problem than me...
- Sometime he need to plug the power chord lot of time to succesful light the dm800
- And when his dm800 is light it stop to boot on flash/vmlinux.gz
The two problems i have...

And one other guy, have responded him : with dm800 you need to wait at least 30sec when you unplug power before re-plug the power....
it's what i have done...
2 times i have shutdown the dm800 with Shutdown menu, then waited the Message (you can unplug power - it's secure) to unplug power....
then i waited 2 mn before re-plug power to start the dream...

And the 2 time the DM800 have started perfectly....

fced
17-02-2009, 12:00 PM
on this line :
- And when his dm800 is light it stop to boot on flash/vmlinux.gz

i wanted to say :
- And when he succesful light-up his dm800 (because sometimes we plug the powercable, and nothing happen - only the network slot lights are lighted... the LCD and the dreambox herself aren't powered... and the box don't start to boot)

ps : sorry for my poor english speaking...

x5
17-02-2009, 02:07 PM
i can only see 2 probs

1- u going too fast not allowing the box to proper install the firmware/soft

2- box is faulty needs replacement (next time get a original )

ok now tray put this image into flash use webif
after install BA with telnet leave the box do its job, u dont need to reboot the box BA will do that for u..
after BA install load a new image in to usb with sc69 again let the box do the job wait untill finish..them check if all ok. if not get your money back and get a proper box

fced
17-02-2009, 06:11 PM
Hello
Thanks for answer...
Thursday, an technician from the reseller, will come to see what happen...
and if the box need to be replaced they will replace it...

i have found an way to have succesful boot at any time :
insteed of reboot i just need to shutdown the box, wait 30s-1mn after the box is shutdown, and then replug the power chord ...
The box start perfectly (i have done this 10 times) without any boot failure...

And if i restart it, from menu, and it block at boot, i go in telnet to activate flash recovery... (push front button and plug the powr chord)
Like this, the box boot also without problem...

Just for information, i was at the reseller shop just now, 10 mn ago, and i asked for a replacement with an original box, they asked me for 1000 euro - 10000 dh - 1 million d'ancien francs...
:-)

fced
17-02-2009, 06:13 PM
so in morocco clone box price = 400 euro = dm800 original price
I will wait to go in europe... for get an original one, or wait to found an reseller wich is not a thieve...

ps : tax on computer and electronic material in morocco are : 2%

fced
19-02-2009, 12:26 AM
Hello
i tryied the ozoon OoZooN-CVS-lean-dm800-20081129.rar like with the xxxxxxoriginal release-dm800_20080912 version, and the box have make his reboot without any problem...
what can i conclude of it ?

fced
20-02-2009, 12:14 AM
Hello
just to say ... they have replaced me the buggy dm800 clone, by another wich seem working...
it work well, and boot take less than 2mn...
So guys, if you have an DM800 long boot , dm800 original, or dm800 compatible wich take more than 2-4 mn for boot, go for a replacement, ... it's totally anormal, it's an hardware problem, may be an conflict between network card and other components;.. or may be from the alimentation... i don't know, but, this problem occur to original and clones boxes...

sonic1
20-02-2009, 09:46 AM
Good to see you are sorted m8 :respect-055:

fced
23-02-2009, 10:47 PM
yes me too Sonic, thanks for your support :)