PDA

View Full Version : Unavailability of HD channels

Tmull
17-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Having failed many times to scan in the HD channels on the 6900 combo on the 1W sat I finally took the plunge and loaded a channel list. Every thing worked out great except where I can watch most channels on this sat using the latest patch and updated Diablo the HD channels wont show. I keep getting the red bars on the signal strength meter. Am I doing something wrong? Where would I find the most recent channel list? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TMULL

smart
17-02-2009, 01:34 PM
Having failed many times to scan in the HD channels on the 6900 combo on the 1W sat I finally took the plunge and loaded a channel list. Every thing worked out great except where I can watch most channels on this sat using the latest patch and updated Diablo the HD channels wont show. I keep getting the red bars on the signal strength meter. Am I doing something wrong? Where would I find the most recent channel list? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TMULL

Which 6900 ? model Super ?

If you used the old model (non super) , please check the parameter Pilot !!!

If you used the new super model, check if you used the correct channellist ( nit from the old model) !

Tmull
17-02-2009, 06:57 PM
Non Super model. Thank you for your relpy.TMULL

Aldo
17-02-2009, 07:21 PM
"I keep getting the red bars on the signal strength meter."

The Red Bars usually indicate that this is a dead transponder, are you getting any other channels on that sat, as your dish may not be pointing at the sat you wish to receive those channels from, if you have downloaded some one else's channel list check the Diseqc and USAl's, to see which it is.

rubberpants7
17-02-2009, 09:32 PM
ive got that problem ican pick up tv2 film hd no signal on 12188 ithink its my new lmb mti high line

Ghoulie
18-02-2009, 10:46 AM
if you download the full list of HD channels available from Kin G o sat site - then look at inputting - a lot of the TPs are not in the standard list & have to be inputted via advanced - add TP bit - I did this yesterday - only then did I bother to look at the signal beam distribution when I was getting the single coloured bars for lack of strength strength / quality and not the yellow and blue denoting good signal / quality strength - it's then i twigged some are too narrow a signal band to be received here in uk. Not all mind you.

between lyn g sat site (which gives beam distrib map & dish size to receive where you are) and Kin g o sat - it should be possible to establish what you can get - but then can you open it?

Tmull
19-02-2009, 08:28 PM
Thank you all for your input. I could open these channels on my Humax iCord and Diablo before this combination became incompatable. All other channels on this sat are opening with good signal strength and quality. The dish is a 1.2 Channel Master and is spot on on all sats in the ark. As you say it maybe a transponder problem so I shall try again at the weekend to sort it out. I shall report here. Thank you all for your help. TMULL

Tmull
22-02-2009, 06:27 PM
Problem solved,Aldo was right,dead transponders.Added the TPs and up and running. Thank you all for your input. TMULL