PDA

View Full Version : How does the Premium do as twin PVR?

DeusXM
17-02-2009, 12:53 PM
I'm wondering if someone could tell me how the azbox premium performs on the PVR stuff?

I'm really interested in buying the Premium as soon when it is available (here in Belgium). The pricetag is very interesting for a linux based HD twintuner (~ 350€). I know that the software is still in beta, but what about the timeshifting, recording,...stuff?

With the current firmware, can you:
- record a channel from tuner 1 and watch a channel on tuner 2?
- timeshift on the program you're watching while the box is recording a different program on tuner 2?

- record more than one channel on the same transponder?

Thanks!

netgic
17-02-2009, 03:57 PM
With the current firmware, can you:

- record a channel from tuner 1 and watch a channel on tuner 2?

No!

- timeshift on the program you're watching while the box is recording a different program on tuner 2?

No!

- record more than one channel on the same transponder?

No!

At the moment works in many cases even not the normal intake.
Software is very unstable and immature when it comes to recording.

mini__me
03-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Anymore on whether this can record on one dvb-s tuner and watch on a second dvb-s tuner yet?

pr2
03-04-2009, 06:10 PM
Hello,

Yes last software is very good in recording but please check if the file recordlist.dat exist and create it when it doesn't.

Because it records properly, yes, but for some reasons if the file recordlist.dat is missing the Azbox is unable to play the recorded files.

As far as I know, today the firmware (0.9.1621) doesn't support yet the 2nd tuner so indeed nothing works today with the dual tuner.

Pr2

jimmyboy
04-04-2009, 07:54 PM
Does the elite have capacity for 2 tuners? If so I assume future software upgrades will allow PVR from both (ie record from one and watch from other).
Does anyone know when the dvb-c tuners will be available?
Is it possible to simply use any external hard drive via USB to record both SD/HD recordings on the Elite version as well as a USB memory stick?

tinos
04-04-2009, 11:46 PM
I think dual tuner support will be on June-July timeline, someone posted that info. Also PIP could be in it.
Today with 1 tuner you can record on other channel and watch another on same transponder. And you can do timeshift with one channel.

pr2
05-04-2009, 02:16 PM
Does the elite have capacity for 2 tuners? If so I assume future software upgrades will allow PVR from both (ie record from one and watch from other).
Does anyone know when the dvb-c tuners will be available?
Is it possible to simply use any external hard drive via USB to record both SD/HD recordings on the Elite version as well as a USB memory stick?

Yes Elite will support 2 tuners.
Yes the goal is to be able use PVR and watch any other channel.
DVB-C should be available in May I think.
Yes with Elite you can record on any external device if they are formatted in FAT32 or EXT3 (Azbox cannot write on NTFS partition but can read it).

Pr2