PDA

View Full Version : softcam for HD200

mikeherald
19-02-2009, 02:43 AM
Hi, I am trying to load latest softcam for HD200 from gxmax site, does this load by usb, and what is the procedure thanks

dishdad
19-02-2009, 09:34 AM
Hi, I am trying to load latest softcam for HD200 from gxmax site, does this load by usb, and what is the procedure thanks

I assume you mean the actual firmware, ie: 3.18, as the actual 'softcam' is embedded in it and, unlike other MVision receivers, is not available as a seperate upload. The keys for the HD200 can be edited using the on screen menu and remote control.

Yes, the upload/upgrade of firmware can be done via USB and is explained in the 'History & Notes' text included in the RAR download or, this thread will help:-

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=99018

Just as a note, you will see in this section that the latest 'official' firmware upate of '325' has been released, this no doubt will be followed by the GMax version of F3.25 which of course will include the softcam/keys etc.

The latest release gives revised functions of the PVR and receiver improvements on stability.

Hope you get on ok, thanks.

hans35
20-02-2009, 06:29 PM
Well ive tested this firmware and they say it will support sky nds card well after checking this out I have found that the receiver sees the sky nds card but does not work, the serial number does not come up and even though I subscribe to sky it will not decode anything using the sky card in the receiver., Either that or i'm doing something wrong, any help would be great cheers