PDA

View Full Version : Loggin in with incorrect password.

kegnkiwi
20-02-2009, 08:00 AM
Could someone else please try and log into the db800 with dcc with the incorrect loging in details, ie a mis-spelt password. I suspect that you can log in with the incorrect password typed. I've trialed this on nab v7

Thanks

ki

x5
20-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Could someone else please try and log into the db800 with dcc with the incorrect loging in details, ie a mis-spelt password. I suspect that you can log in with the incorrect password typed. I've trialed this on nab v7

Thanks

ki

hi m8 just trayed and is a no go cant login with wrong passwd
using NAB V8
whem u flash a new image yes this will happen
what u need to do is whem u flash a new image u need to telnet and put the passwd u using
them u will not be able to log in with a wrong passwd

kegnkiwi
20-02-2009, 08:46 PM
So your saying that the images comes with the password of dreambox or what was thought to be dreambox. But actually it allows you to get into the box without a password at all. Then you need to use the telnet session to change the password. Once done does this activate the web-if password settings also. I have spoke with people using gemani and its the same, but I have also had word on one person who has actually changed his password and it still allows him to do it.

ki

bobothebear
20-02-2009, 11:05 PM
I run Gemini 4.0 and i think ive noticed the same thing in DCC. If i've rebooted the box then the telnet session asks me to login again. I just kept hitting enter and eventually it lets me in with no entering of my password.

x5
21-02-2009, 02:16 AM
So your saying that the images comes with the password of dreambox or what was thought to be dreambox. But actually it allows you to get into the box without a password at all. Then you need to use the telnet session to change the password. Once done does this activate the web-if password settings also. I have spoke with people using gemani and its the same, but I have also had word on one person who has actually changed his password and it still allows him to do it.

ki

yes m8 i think is nothing to do with the image but a bug with the cvs
u need allways to do the passwd telnet change every time u load a new image
first time u load a new image u need to make sure u change to what ever passwd u want to use.
once u do that u be safe.
well at least for me it works..........
with nabilo i dont use any other image never tested with other image