PDA

View Full Version : New User

alexr999
20-02-2009, 09:32 PM
Hello all,

I am a new user to this site and european satellite viewing in general.

I have just purchased a Technomate 5200D Super advertised as patched with all channels but still has many scrambled channels. I downloaded and installed the latest patch from this site without much change. There are many patches for this receiver listed.
My question is do I need to install them all or will the latest patch do. Going back I seem to remember there was a Darkman patch available which unlocked most channels. Does this patch still exist or has it been superseded by the current patches available.
I have another question which may seem a bit naive but I am a bit new to this.
I have one sky dish and another dish with a dual monoblock LNB pointed at 13 EAST (hotbird) and 19 EAST (astra).
When I do a blind search on my Technomate 5200 I get many programs from other satellites.
How for example do I get programs from the 1 WEST (Thor) satellite when my dish and LNBs are pointing in a different direction.

All replies received will be greatly appreciated.
Alexr999

echelon
20-02-2009, 09:36 PM
latest patch and latest tmsoftcam should open whatever is open , which at the moment seems to be mainly thor at 1 west , digi tv being that broadcaster

some on 4.8 east open too

you will need to get a motor and a dish of about 1 metre for those satellites though

very little is open now on hotbird or astra and only the free channels on astra 2 and eurobird

magic does the patches in more recent times