PDA

View Full Version : Freesat on TM6900HD Super

holmroad
21-02-2009, 11:19 AM
So how do we tune in to Freesat on TM6900HD Super as availability is advised on latest 672 patch?
We do have a 'Terrestrial' option, but I assumed that was for FreeVIEW, not Freesat - and I do have THAT tuned in alongside all the Satellite channels!
So is FreeSAT a separate option and if so how do we access it please?:confused::respect-050:

echelon
21-02-2009, 11:28 AM
freesat is all the free channels from 28.2 east and also from 28.5 east eurobird

so all the free satellite chanels you are receiving at 28 east from your dish are deemed as freesat , although in actual fact the true freesat ones are less in number as the sum total of all the free channels is greater , and freesat has an epg similar to sly and the channels sign up to go onto the epg , which is maybe 88 or so at the moment and less than all the free channels available to you

a freesat receiver is like a sly receiver and gets what the epg says , although you can usually add additional channels in the other services sections

so as you are already getting the free channels at astra 2 and eurobird then its probably not worth worrying about

I suspect you are getting the terms mixed up as freesat once referred to the scrambled sly channels that were free to view ( with a card ) and still are - plus all the actual free channels like bbc1 , but only channel 5 and sly 3 and maybe a few others exist now

the freeview option in your receiver is for digital terrestrial , not digital satellite , and uses a different tuner

much ado about nothing in my opinion , lol ;)