PDA

View Full Version : Panasonic pz81 and diablo

luis88
22-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Some c+ nordic channels display the encrypted sign and don't provide any audio on this set up, is this normal or is there anything i can alter to resolve it?

xanadu
22-02-2009, 01:45 PM
TV2 HD is known to have no audio on any receiver with a Diablo CAM.

It's a Diablo problem.

luis88
22-02-2009, 03:55 PM
It's also c+action comedy and some others. I'm curious if Rabby has same problem because i thinkhe has same set up.

Burnham
22-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Press option on the remote and change the audio in the multi-audio line.

luis88
22-02-2009, 08:23 PM
There doesn't appear to be any way of changing audio sub carriers on the panny, unlike most dedicated sat receivers. There is a very useful option for selecting sub title language though, you can have english, welsh or gaelic!
I can't see anything in either the panny or diablo menus which will produce audio and in any event even with message set to show never the 'encrypted' message still appears on these channels. All very odd as it works fine on other c+ channels.

Burnham
23-02-2009, 02:25 PM
The Panasonic pz81 has complete control over the audio channels.

Go to c+action (the example you gave) and press option on the remote control. Tell me what you see on screen.

luis88
23-02-2009, 07:45 PM
Thanks Burnham, now I see what you mean. Any idea why the dolby digital option doesn't provide any audio though? Can you also confirm that you have to reset each time you go to the channel as it doesnt seem to hold the setting?

Burnham
24-02-2009, 02:46 PM
Well done, glad you got it working. Your supplimentary question is interesting. I was not aware of the sound issue on the C+ Action channel until you mentioned it in this thread.

It seems that the PZ81 defaults to the first audio track and you can't save that setting. I can only guess about the Dolby AC3 problem - possibly it might be a Diablo problem.