PDA

View Full Version : Does the Azbox HD have built in positioner?

s_kates81
22-02-2009, 11:30 AM
Hi,
Just wanted to know whether the Azbox have built in satellite positioner or do we have to have a separate diseqc positioner to move motor?

Thanks

AJR
22-02-2009, 11:34 AM
Hi s_kates81

Welcome to the forum.

Its built in... ( but if it works 100% or not is another question) :D

goran
22-02-2009, 11:43 AM
The DiSEqC protocol is built into everything these days, as a minimum standard.

What I expected in your post was a polarmount positioner Q.

But that no receiver[?] has these days... it seems... :(

One uses VBox then and all is cool anyhow!:respect-048:

s_kates81
22-02-2009, 12:13 PM
Thanks for your replies. So it means I need to have an extra positioner hardware in order to move motor right?

A-SAT
22-02-2009, 12:22 PM
It means if you use a 36 Volt actuator to move your dish then yes, you'll need a VBOX II to convert Diseqc to Pulse.

If you use a Diseqc motor on your dish then you wont need anything extra.

s_kates81
22-02-2009, 12:33 PM
Hi. I use a diseqc 1.2 motor on the dish. I currently use a positioner along with a dreambox 500 in order to move to another satellites. Well if I don't need to use a separate positioner after purchasing azbox, that's certainly a good news for me so I can jut retire my existing dreambox 500 and the diesqc positioner for good :)

bobi
22-02-2009, 12:53 PM
the diseq 1.2 and Usals protocole are build in
the only problem you have for time being is that the Diseq 1.2 does not work

Usals does move the dish OK , but here to it is a problem, the dish is being moved out of the possition you chose.

I think we will see improvments in the next software reliase, but this is only hope from my side,

cheers

bobi

AJR
22-02-2009, 01:55 PM
the dish is being moved out of the possition you chose.

bobi

Did you try my suggestion and alter the Usals location to see if that corrects the east/west error ?

s_kates81
22-02-2009, 02:41 PM
the diseq 1.2 and Usals protocole are build in
the only problem you have for time being is that the Diseq 1.2 does not work

Usals does move the dish OK , but here to it is a problem, the dish is being moved out of the possition you chose.

I think we will see improvments in the next software reliase, but this is only hope from my side,

cheers

bobi

So it means for the time being, we'll need to use external positioner then in order to get correct positions for our dish

AJR
22-02-2009, 03:07 PM
So it means for the time being, we'll need to use external positioner then

Definitely maybe... :D

bobi
22-02-2009, 06:58 PM
bobi

Did you try my suggestion and alter the Usals location to see if that corrects the east/west error ?

Yes offcourse i did test this, but still the same results.

I found out that buy adding falce location on the Usals , say 63 and 13
for latitude / longitude you can file tune the motor, but that is not my point

My poin here is that there is something missing or not finished on the software, and im sure this is only a software problem.

I also asked before if if some one that know or have heard where to find the diseq 1.2 files , so i can try to edit them my self and see if this helps to move the mottor with diseq 1.2 , but have not got any answer yet.

i wonder if the satelites and possitioner are build on a database or something else, as if it is in database i can correct this buy opening the database and pre-sett all the possitions i will like to have

cheers

bobi

AJR
22-02-2009, 07:55 PM
I found out that buy adding falce location on the Usals , say 63 and 13
for latitude / longitude you can file tune the motor, but that is not my point

Yeah.. I know that wasn't your point bobi, I was just suggesting it as a way around you getting the dish moving between sats, so I'm pleased that it worked for fine tuning.

Its a bl**dy disgrace that some elementary things are not working yet, I know that the box is still in "beta" but to release with so many issues yet to be resolved or even addressed, it can only be a that its a release in desperation to get some money in.

but have not got any answer yet.

Yes it makes one wonder how many beta testers there really were, or maybe they have been told to shut up about the bad points and only sing about the good, but with there being so few good ... its a very short song at the moment :D

s_kates81
23-02-2009, 07:57 AM
I am sure they'll shortly release stable firmwares. By the way, which is the latest firmware now?

PieFacE
11-07-2009, 10:50 AM
So 5months on....

Does the USALS function now work better?

Also, is there a guide in how to set this up with an Azbox?

Regards,

slegs
11-07-2009, 04:54 PM
Works perfectly for me.

Its very simple once your dish is setup correctly and are fixed on a sat correctly go into Settings -> TV Channel -> DVB-S -> Antenna setup

On the satellite you have are locked on go to Positioner Setup and choose USALS. Enter your Long and Lat accurately( note it is in Degrees and decimal mine is 6.7W and 53.3N)

Save these settings. For all other sats that you want to work via the motor simply choose USALS in the Antenna Setup (they will inherit the lat and long settings). For those outside your range leave at OFF.

That should do it.

s_kates81
11-07-2009, 06:10 PM
Thanks mate. Suppose I am locked on to 68.5E IntelSat10, what should I go and put in usals? 68.5E ?

goran
11-07-2009, 06:16 PM
http://www.satlex.net/sv/wavefrontier_calc-params.html?satlo_east=28.2&user_satlo_east=&user_satlo_east_dir=E&satlo_west=-4.0&user_satlo_west=&user_satlo_west_dir=W&location=59.33%2C18.05&la=59.33&lo=18.05&country_code=se

http://www.satsig.net/maps/lat-long-finder.htm

http://www.dishpointer.com/

That should do it... :cheers2:

slegs
11-07-2009, 09:29 PM
Thanks mate. Suppose I am locked on to 68.5E IntelSat10, what should I go and put in usals? 68.5E ?

No your own lattitude and longitude at your dish location...

s_kates81
12-07-2009, 06:46 AM
I can get my lat and lon by my gps device. but the azbox usals won't allow me to put them in there.

goran
12-07-2009, 10:51 AM
You're not helping us to help you: what do you do EXACTLY?!?

If I remember correctly, it's 3 digit's only: xx.x

Try...

slegs
12-07-2009, 01:24 PM
I can get my lat and lon by my gps device. but the azbox usals won't allow me to put them in there.

if you lat is in full degrees and minutes format e.g 10o6'12"E then its 10.1E as there are 60' in a degree

Hope this helps

iko
12-07-2009, 09:54 PM
google the "dish pointer"
put you postcode
this will give you in correct format
but Azbox usals section is not allow us to put fully correct numbers !!!