PDA

View Full Version : setup

kirky1423
24-02-2009, 02:26 PM
hi guys hope you can help me here im just seting up my 80cm dish and 2100sg h.h motor im in england sheffield south yorkshire now the problem is i can thor 0.8w perfect but the others dont fallin to place enyhelp please lads

SAUS04
24-02-2009, 02:49 PM
I take it you have followed this sticky to install the dish correctly

__https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=98442__

if your pole is slightly out (not level) u will be mis-aligned . also check if your motor is at 1west you can point your dish at 1 west with your motor at say 5 west you will be 4 degrees off all the other sats but still get 1 west. also if anything is in the way a large tree or a wall isn't going to help ur signal if your being blocked by anything at all id recommend moving ur dish to a position where your sat is going to have a clear line of sight. mine is above the guttering (it clears next doors extension) . once ur 100% sure you have got your motor and dish pointing at 1 west id recommend trying to set ur dish on 30 w then see if your picking up 1 west as well if you pick both 1 west and 30 west then try lining up to 28.2/28.5 e if you are getting those 3 sats chances are ur install has gone ok. unfortunately the initial alignment stage can be very fidley moving dish by millimeters at a time etc but patients is the key if your patient u will get good results i am locking on to 68.5e all the way through to 58w and i had never installed a satelitte before my own. so be patent and you will get there. The most common issue on setting up a motorized system though is the pole not being level so id be inclined to start again and make sure everything is cock on:respect-048:

kirky1423
24-02-2009, 03:39 PM
cheers matey im geting 30w ok and 0.8 w and i get 8w and 7e but i dont get no hotbird or 19.2 or 28.2

SAUS04
24-02-2009, 03:57 PM
sounds like the pole isnt straight then. or your dish is too heavy for your pole or bracket and causing it to flex keep playing around with your pole (ahem not like that)

kirky1423
24-02-2009, 04:00 PM
yeah cheers matey for your help just come back in from back garden my pole as a good flex on it wich you said shouldent be flexing so il get that solid and too my east there is a big tree top of my garden