PDA

View Full Version : Remote control problem

kalinkovichi1
01-03-2009, 03:00 PM
I have a Technomate 3100D, few months old and had worked fine up until the last 2 weeks. Problem is from time to time it will not respond to the remote control. I've replaced the batteries etc and even checked there is a signal coming from the remote by holding it near a medium wave radio (to hear the interferance / clicks. I have done a factory reset which solved the problem for a while but now it has started again. Any suggestions (helpful ones ) welcome ! I don't want to have to do another factory reset if at all possible.

mrbleu500
01-03-2009, 03:05 PM
Is it normally when you switch on the TV?

When the batteries were low on my remote, each time I switched on the TV (Samsung LCD) is seemed to suck in all the signal from the remote,,,

dreambox17
01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
try holding it in front of a ccd device digital camera to confirm the led is emmiting ir the osillator may be runing so you hear it on the radio but the led may not be omiting ir

hope this helps

kalinkovichi1
01-03-2009, 03:09 PM
It can happen even after we have been watching for a while. The batteries are new, AAA lithium straight out of the packet. I suspect the problem is with the recevier rather than the remote....? dry joint or some ic problem.

kalinkovichi1
01-03-2009, 03:14 PM
Thanks for your quick replies. I am trying it with a digital camera....not sure though what I should be looking out for though....? interferance on the screen?

dreambox17
01-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Thanks for your quick replies. I am trying it with a digital camera....not sure though what I should be looking out for though....? interferance on the screen?

shine the remote down the camera it should glow in the viewfinder
if it does the remote is ok

kalinkovichi1
01-03-2009, 06:45 PM
Thanks for that tip dreambox...a new one on me ......unfortuntaly the led glows when viewed through the digital camera so as I suspected...it must be a problem with the receiver :-(

baddog
18-03-2009, 12:19 PM
Hi kalinkovichi1, Ive been having the same trouble with my 6900 super's remote.It just wont respond even with new batteries yet it has only been happening recently.This is the really wierd bit, I can use it upstairs ok with an A/V sender(Ive had the sender a while now) in the bedroom.Its a bit of a bind that I have to pop upstairs to change the channel! Could be the a/v signals interfering with the ir signal.Ive just removed the plug from the a/v sender and it appears to be ok now.Have you any a/v senders nearby,just a thought.