PDA

View Full Version : Valued Opinions

jayprince
02-03-2009, 06:05 PM
I have just recently thrown my Orbital 1 metre dish away and installed a Gilbertini 1metre dish on my 1.2 Diseq motor.

Compared to the Orbital dish the Gilbertini is crap at the moment,I have tried everything to increase the signal level but to no avail,compared with the Orbital dish I am about 10-15% down on signal strength.The dish is running perfect on the arc from 42east-30west.

Using the Orbital Dish on C+Sport1 @1west signal strength was 84,now on the Gilbertini its 73 max,even on Sly@28 east the signal on the Gilbertini for Five is 91 on Sly News its 76 dropping down to 68 during the day,its weird.

My question is,is the Gilbertini dish more suited to a Stab 100HH motor or a bog standard H-H diseq motor.Reason I ask is that at the moment the dish is attached to the stump of the motor pointing to the ground and I wonder if the stump of the motor was pointing to the sky would that make much difference to my signal strength.

Regards
Jay

gerryl
02-03-2009, 08:46 PM
motor pointin the right way...and just bout fit for 1m dish...however thats a big drop in some of yer signals for it to be just the Dish...have you checked all cable connections and lnb is spot on (not skewed!)...:117:

jayprince
02-03-2009, 08:51 PM
Yep mate,checked all connections and LNB is plum middle.Gonna wait for the weather to settle down again and have a really good go at this problem

Cheers
Jay