PDA

View Full Version : Help setting up Vbox2 with actuator

fatbloke
04-03-2009, 12:52 PM
Hi guys,
I am struggling to setup dreambox 8000 with my vbox2 .. I have managed to move my dish with this setup and found 1degree west but I cant seem too add other sats.
Any help would be appreciated.

Gerry55
04-03-2009, 01:10 PM
fatbloke
Did you use the V box with your old sat box? because the settings will still be in the vBox

fiddla
04-03-2009, 01:12 PM
Hi guys,
I am struggling to setup dreambox 8000 with my vbox2 .. I have managed to move my dish with this setup and found 1degree west but I cant seem too add other sats.
Any help would be appreciated.

sounds like same set up as me altho ive never got round to setting it up to move the dish when i change satelites yet so ill be interested to find out too !!

At the mo i just change satelites manually with the vbox remote and have tuner "a" set as simple positioner !!

Gerry55
04-03-2009, 01:50 PM
fiddla
There must be a lot of DB8000 owners in this position mainly because the instruction manual is Crap!!

fatbloke
04-03-2009, 02:53 PM
fatbloke
Did you use the V box with your old sat box? because the settings will still be in the vBox

No since I last used the vbox with my dreambox 700 I have reset it,to try it on my cuberevo which didn't move the dish anyway.:frown:

sblinx
05-03-2009, 05:33 PM
hi m8 try this

press menu/setup/service searching and choose the tuner. choose advanced setup/the satellite you need to setup/LNB1 by pressing the left/right arrow keys. go down to Use usals for this sat and choose No. store it with a number (make sure you give a different number to different sats)
exit from all and go to a channel of the sat you have just setup.

now go to your v-box (or with a remote) and press left/right button (dish should be moving) until you can see a picture. when you r satisfied with the pic or signal hold the power on button (on v-box) until you see flashing C _ _ choose the number you have already stored above and then press again on the power. the C01 changes to P01. it will stop flashing and you have stored your sat. do the same for other sats.

rgds

PS: once stored they remain in the V-Box II - just jot down the satellite numbers because you will need the when setting up other images !!

fiddla
06-03-2009, 03:08 PM
hi m8 try this

press menu/setup/service searching and choose the tuner. choose advanced setup/the satellite you need to setup/LNB1 by pressing the left/right arrow keys. go down to Use usals for this sat and choose No. store it with a number (make sure you give a different number to different sats)

now go to your v-box (or with a remote) and press left/right button (dish should be moving) until you can see a picture. when you r satisfied with the pic or signal hold the power on button (on v-box) until you see flashing C _ _ choose the number you have already stored above and then press again on the power. the C01 changes to P01. it will stop flashing and you have stored your sat. do the same for other sats.

rgds

PS: once stored they remain in the V-Box II - just jot down the satellite numbers because you will need the when setting up other images !!

would this work the other way round..... I.E. i already have satelite positions saved in the vbox and a list of numbers for which satelites wrote down so then would it just be a matter of putting these numbers to the relevent satelites in the dm 8000 ....?

cheers

sblinx
06-03-2009, 05:58 PM
yes fiddla that the way it works - i have setup my v-box with my first dreambox 500 about two years ago and they're still the same

fiddla
06-03-2009, 06:58 PM
hi m8 try this

rgds

i dont seem to have a usuals bit just loads of diseqc mode options ??

i have :-

confige mode - advanced
satelite 28 east
lnb lnb 4
priority auto
lof universal lnb
voltage mode polarisation
increased voltage no
tone mode band
diseqc mode none

???

AJR
06-03-2009, 07:20 PM
diseqc mode none

You will need something better than 'none'

The idea is that the dm 8000 sends out a diseqc signal to the vbox which then converts it and moves the motor..

lnb lnb 4

Thats wrong as well... if only having the vbox controlling 1 dish with 1 lnb then you don't want 4

fatbloke
07-03-2009, 12:39 AM
I have followed Gerry55 and sblinx advice to the letter and I still have problems- I can move my dish from satellite to satellite but sometimes the vbox just goes into standby.. I also note when I move from one sat to another

I have to restart enigma2 to get the satellite signal again.

Also BBC HD on 1 degree west breaks up even though I am getting 96% signal.
I think I will start again reflash the image,drag my dreambox 700 out from the cupboard and reset the vbox and set the positions into the vbox..then just input the numbers in each sat on the 8000.
Still thanks to you guys I now know how to set-up the vbox.:bowing-036:

fiddla
07-03-2009, 09:04 AM
You will need something better than 'none'

The idea is that the dm 8000 sends out a diseqc signal to the vbox which then converts it and moves the motor..

Thats wrong as well... if only having the vbox controlling 1 dish with 1 lnb then you don't want 4

haha i know wot ive put is wrong m8 ive just put wot ive got in the menu as a starting point as im really starting from fresh trying to set up diseqc / positioner etc and havent got a clue where to start !!

i changed the lnb to 4 as thats what position is saved for 28 east in the vbox so that what i assumed i had to put there !!

fiddla
07-03-2009, 09:16 AM
Sorted now, set diseqc to 1.2, then found usuals further down the page , set to no then added positioins as per what where all ready in the vbox etc !!

Cheers for everyones help !!

fatbloke
07-03-2009, 07:51 PM
Sorted mine now... I had a loose connection at the LNB end.:beatdeadhorse5: That was probably why I was losing the signal and had to reset enigma, it also fixed the vbox standby problem.:respect-050:

I can't believe how loose the fplug was , I suppose that I forgot too tighten it up when I replaced the LNB.:frown: