PDA

View Full Version : dreambox 500. box to box transfer?

milkybarkid
08-03-2009, 08:50 PM
My mate just purchased a dm 500,unfortanately it is a cloned box.I have latest cccam with gemini 3.90 in my box working fine .I flashed his with gemini 390 image and then connect it to net and then connect to the gemini server it will not let me download ccam and ccam config.I use this image as there are no bugs by gemini that shut this box down permanent if its a clone.I connect my dream 800 to the server and update with the latest 460 image without any problems.I think gemini are not allowing you to connect any more with 3.90.Is there a way of doing a box to box transfer? so i can transfer ccam and cconfig or do i just drag certain folders from mine to his to get ccam running on his .I dont want to screw his box up ,but i want to get him running on cs

olijack
09-03-2009, 12:20 PM
Here is something that may work in theory but can't be 100% sure as I really don't like using Gemini given what they did to clones even though all my boxes are original.

On your original box using the download server select the package to download that you want. Now this is the bit that I am not 100% sure about if it works with Gemini. When the file has downloaded on most images you are asked if you are sure you want to install it at this point answer no.

If the Gemini image works like all the other ones that I have tried then if you ftp into your box there should be a tgz file in the tmp folder this is the package that you want.

Download this file to your computer and then upload it to the tmp folder on the clone box. You can then go to add ons as normal but select manual install rather than the other options and you will see the package and can then install it. It will then install in exactly the same way as if you had downloaded it on the box :-)

If that doesn't work then you will have to download a pre made package compatible with Gemini manual install or manually put all the files in place.

Alternatively why not take a look at some other clone safe images which in my opinion are way ahead of the dross served up by the Gemini Team personal favourites include nabilo and sifteam images.

Let us know how you get on and if you need any more help :-)

olijack
09-03-2009, 12:23 PM
Hmmm I have just read through your thread again and spotted that you are using an 800. All the files for the 800 are for a different processor as far as I am aware and for enigma 2 (500 is enigma 1) so you won't as far as I know be able to use the package from the 800 :-(