PDA

View Full Version : 6900hd Died.

Tony C.
09-03-2009, 05:03 PM
I was watching some footy on Nova -1w when the receiver just died, no output at all,nothing on screen or display on the receiver. Done the usual unplug wait and on/off at the back. However, when it is supposed to be on I can hear a very faint clicking coming from it. Are we talking power supply?
As I cant get it to come on is there any point in attempting re-patching etc?
Latest patch and it isnt the super.
Many thanks for reading and any replies.
Tone.

KES
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM
sounds like a psu fault if making a clicking or pulsing sound.
probally a capacitor or two dried up.
dont no if there is a mod for this psu,try google m8 or technomate
no point trying to patch it either m8

regards
kes
:respect-048:

ahmet-50
10-03-2009, 06:49 PM
Hi Tony c m8,

I had a similar prob with my 6900+HD COMBO [not super]. This happened after about 10 days of loading the new patch 672p [I think].Using the USB stick method.

I tried everything it just would'nt respond so I then reloaded same s/w using NULL modem cable thru my PC it took a few goes to accept ! When it did everything is ok now fingers crossed.

So don't give up easily and try again.

Good luck m8, regards ahmet-50:cheers2:

Aldo
10-03-2009, 08:20 PM
@ Tony C.

Hi M8

Have you tried this procedure, it may help you get the box working again:

FORCED DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS by compass

these general instructions can also be used on the 5000 and 6000 range of technomates as well as the 1000 range
just make sure you use the correct latest working patch for your model number

turn the receiver off at the rear mains switch and re-load the latest patch from 25/07/08 ( or the latest working patch ) , or use the technomate v1.82 firmware if necessary

and when the darkman v1.87 loader asks connect to receiver turn it back on at the rear

turning the receiver on at the rear will force the download and clear the problem caused by any incomplete or faulty patches

after it has completed , reboot the box by turning it off and on again at the rear mains switch ( power cycle the box )

the box should boot and work normally

sometimes you may have to remove the lnb cable when the box is off , just to stop it looking for channels , reconnect this after the box has been restored but turn it off beforehand

now switch it back on and test.

This and other info can be found in Echelon's FAQ in the Technomate section.

Tony C.
11-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Many thanks to Ahmet50 and Aldo, I will attempt the re-loading of earlier software. So 672p is a possible problem,I will go back one sometime over the weekend.
Many thanks again.
Tone.

Tony C.
14-03-2009, 05:16 PM
Right... My new pc (Dell xps420) has no com ports!!! Therefore have had to source a serial to usb but it aint technically a null modem cable so that didnt work. Is there a workaround or do I have to dig the old pc up connect it and wait an eternity for it to load up and slowly go about its job?
Tone.

ahmet-50
14-03-2009, 06:47 PM
Tony C m8,

I think u've gotta dig out old pc!!! as u need the rs232 null modem cable it wont work with a usb adapter I tried that myself b4!.:nopity:

Good luck m8, regards ahmet-50:respect-048:

BTW the wait for the load up on yer old pc will be worth it lol:respect-050:

Tony C.
14-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Cheers Ahmet.

Gone_Fishing
14-03-2009, 07:12 PM
Hardware wise a USB to Serial adapter is no different to a serial out on a PC, plug a null modem cable in to it and its exactly the same as using a PC serial out port

TNT

Tony C.
14-03-2009, 09:12 PM
Hi Tnt, when I tried that I got something like no com port available or specified, I cant remember. Anyway I`ve now dug out and connected my old pc and now I keep getting "Connect your receiver and turn it on" which I have done lots of time but to no avail.
Tone.