PDA

View Full Version : How can I add a transponder

0c71
10-03-2009, 11:19 AM
Hello
Is it possible to add a transponder to a LNB in HNFSmart. The settings I like to use miss out a frequency on one lnb number so Id prefer to add it to mine rather than use different settings altogether.
Thanks
0c71

ALIBE
10-03-2009, 03:15 PM
You could try this.

1. Download your existing channel set from your receiver to your computer and save a copy (as a back-up)

2. Open a second copy of HNFSmart (leaving the first one still open) and load a third party channel set on to it.

3. Click on the Transponder tab and locate the missing transponder (LNBxx Freq xxxx)

4. Select one or more of the channels for that frequency (your selection should show as shaded)

5. Select Edit / Copy

6. Switch to the HNFSmart for your original channel set.

FOR AN EXISTING PROVIDER

7. Click on Provider tab and select required Provider.

8. Click on last channel for your chosen Provider

9. Select Edit / Paste

FOR A NEW PROVIDER

7. Click on the All tab

8. Click on the last channel number on the list.

9. Select Edit / Paste

The results should be as follows:
a) The selected channel(s) should have been added to your channel list
b) The Transponder (LNB xx Freq xxxx) should have been added to your transponder list.
c) With the second option, a new Provider should appear in the list of Providers.

You can now upload your amended channel set back to your receiver.

This does, however, seem a rather circuitous route compared to just doing a manual channel search using your remote control on the missing frequency.

0c71
10-03-2009, 07:39 PM
Thanks Alibe
That worked exactly as you said. The channel scan on the frequency didnt work, tried than a number of times but I prefer to use hmfsmart and a mix of settings.
All the best