PDA

View Full Version : Advice on new receiver

stevethejack
11-03-2009, 09:25 AM
My current set up is a 1 metre dish, positioner and Humax 5400Z and Diablo CAM.

The power supply unit died on me on the weekend, a common fault, but it has lasted my 10 years +.

I've tried changing the capacitor that generally goes (C9), but to no avail.

I'm thinking of going for a new receiver, as it's £35 for a new PSU.

I'm thinking along the lines of a TM-5400D CI. Can anyone advise if this is a good choice, considering my current hardware?

Or is there something else, around the £100 mark that would suit me better?

Thanks
Steve

satpaul
11-03-2009, 09:37 AM
The TM5400 Super is a very good replacement I sell lots of thses very good machine only had one go faulty, you can get your Humax power supply repaired if you look on fle****:king-041:

echelon
11-03-2009, 11:06 AM
yes it would be a good choice as it replaced the tm1500 ci+ as far as I am aware

linux boxes are the real way forward if you want an alternative to look at which is why I bought the tm9100 as well as still having my tm1500

and the ultimate is always a dreambox or similar , and my next purchase would have to be a HD version of whatever box I buy

but the tm5400 ci should be fine with patches or the diablo or a trex etc

moe
13-03-2009, 08:22 PM
Repair the Humax 5400 mate. Nothing comes close !

stevethejack
16-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Thank you all for the advice.

After changing the C9 capacitor, and no luck, I changed the Zener Diode & a resistor and everything is working fine.

Thankfully, shelling out only £1 for parts has done the job. Just as well, because I could have done without paying £85+ for a receiver right now.

I'll certainly seriously consider buying the Technomate if something terminal happens to my Humax.

Thanks again,
Steve