PDA

View Full Version : Watch recorded programme whilst recording

kemik
14-03-2009, 03:13 PM
Sorry for the noob question but is it possible to record something on my DM800 whilst also watching something I've already recorded?

Not watch 2 live channels at once I realise that can't be done

loveman
14-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Actually kemik, you can watch two live channels at once if you stream both from the dm800 to your pc using videolan. But only if they are on the same transponder... Same as you could record one channel and watch another. again, only if they're on the same transponder.

Anyway, to your earlier question, yes. You can record something while watching something that's been recorded previously. Sometimes it will stutter if both are in hd, but I'm guessing this is due to a fragmented hdd...

kemik
15-03-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks.

I have Nabilosat Enigma2 Black Hole - DM800 v0.9 image running on my box. Can you tell me does that have VLC server installed already? If so how do I enable it? If not how do I go about installing and configuring it?

Thanks

loveman
15-03-2009, 12:19 PM
you only need the vlc server installed if you want to play back divx files etc from a computer onto your dreambox iirc. If you want to play tv from the dreambox on to your computer, just install the latest version of vlc player onto the computer, go to the webinterface, and choose bouquets on left hand side. Then, select the bouquet you wish to watch a channel from. Then, next to the channel you want to watch, on the right hand side, there is a picture of a monitor. When you put the mouse over it, it says "Stream Channel" where Channel is the channel you want to watch. Right click this channel, and copy the shortcut.

Then, go to vlc player, and choose to open from http. Paste the url in there, and it should work no probs :)