PDA

View Full Version : Modem Change

consolglass
14-03-2009, 06:50 PM
Just upgraded my modem to a netgear n modem....tried to input the new modem ip into the dreambox but can not save the settings
menu>setup>system>network>adaptor settings> tried changing "use gateway" and then input new ip...press ok to activate settings...box goes through and confirms settings activated but when i go back into adaptor settings nothing has changed...afaik i have put the required info into the modem to keep open ports etc...any one got any ideas please??
cheers

canthackit
14-03-2009, 07:55 PM
activate>ok> then reboot.

regards: canthackit

loveman
14-03-2009, 09:14 PM
If that doesn't work, then why not change the settings in the router to match the old router? Most netgears allow you to do this in the lan ip setup (or whatever, can't remember off the top of my head)

consolglass
15-03-2009, 01:04 PM
thanks for the replies guys...but still no joy...this is doing my head in....changed the settings as before....change "use gateway" to yes...input new modem ip...and i then have the option to "press ok to activate the settings" i do this exit out of menus and do a hard reset...back into settings and its still the same...i dont have any connectiion!!!

toffa58
15-03-2009, 03:50 PM
Hello,

I've had exactly the same problem as you m8 with netgear.....only I put new hardrive into my very very old laptop which I only use for updating sat etc and it would not recognise the router finally got it going using a windows update called Windows xp KB22603-x86-ENU......I am not going to say it will work but perhaps there is an update for your setup....good luck.....toffa58:respect-050:

consolglass
15-03-2009, 04:32 PM
ok...any one got a netgear modem connected to their dm800 ???

loveman
15-03-2009, 05:44 PM
I have netgear dg834n router, and before that had a different netgear router, which worked perfectly...

Did your old router have a range of something like 192.168.2.1, and the new one something like 192.168.0.1? If so, then go in to the router management, select "Lan IP Setup" on left hand side near bottom underneath the "Advanced" set of options. Then, you can change the up address of the router, and the subnet mask, and the range of ip address given if you use the routers as a dhcp server. If you can't change the dreambox to meet the new rotuer, change the router to meet the dreambox...

Totally plucked
15-03-2009, 08:18 PM
I know Im probably pointing out the obvious but have you tried running the networkwiz*ard? menu>setup>system>network>networkWiz*ard

I have 2 different routers one of which is a Netgear. I find I have to run Network Wiz*ard every time I switch them else I cant find the Dreambox. Afterwards.......No problem.

consolglass
15-03-2009, 08:44 PM
@totally plucked no network ******* m8 menu>setup>system>network>adaptor settings,nameserver settings,network test,restart network....???

Totally plucked
15-03-2009, 09:03 PM
Hmm well I dont know. I definitely have a networkwiz*ard option ........its the last on the list, Adadpter settings at the top, network ****** at the bottom using BH0.9. Or just try menu>setup>startupwiz*ard.

neil306
15-03-2009, 10:14 PM
i set up my mates dm800 and netgear router this morning uing darkhole 0.9 had same trouble as you connecting to router.
this is how i got it to work in the end
use dhcp
reeboot
then got a connection
then back to network set up
switched off use dhcp and save settings
rebooted again
all working
hope this is of some help
neil

consolglass
16-03-2009, 11:01 PM
sorted guys...thanks for all the replies much appreciated...my error...i needed to change the dreambox ip and the gateway to suite the new modem....i was only changing the gateway ...