PDA

View Full Version : Great Box / BAD support! Various issues and "mysteries" solved!

typer
15-03-2009, 02:33 AM
Hi! Been having several issues since I bought my box. No incubus, no
sound on various HD trailers, no autostart for incubus, etc.

I now have the problem solved by a real guru that really helps people.
So I'm going to help you AZbox HD users as someone not from this forum helped me out!

First of all, dont use any firmware after the 1314 version, they all suck...

Now before installing the 1314 firmware, format application area and then install the 1314 version.

After that when the software is installed then go to settings and do a factory defaults reset.

Now install onestep emu.

After the install (even if it shows an error, it installs the emu),
change plugin priorities, making incubus the first one. Make sure incubus doesnt have the # symbol before, because that inactivates the emu.
Now go network settings, and configure a valid static IP, gateway and dns.

Now ftp to your box and save the incubus .conf file in the incubus folder, and change permissions of all files to 755.

Reboot the box.

Now when booted you should have your CS working. Incubus 0.55 doesnt work well with N3 providers.

This method works OK for connecting incubus and CCcam server 2.0.11 over a WAN connection.

Now you perhaps want to mount some network drives. The mount script
present in the mount plugin doesnt work for me, neither boots. But
changing the script to "mount -t cifs" instead of "mount.cifs" command
it works very well if you execute the script by telnet doing "sh
mount.sh".

If you boot the box and dont get CS working, you must go to plugin menu and start/restart incubus.

The mount script must allways be ran by telnet since the plugin menu doesnt seems to be able to start it.

Hope to have helped. Follow those tips and you are on your way to success with this box!

noviserbia
15-03-2009, 08:46 AM
I got my incubusCamd working with 1314 firmware and then i update it with the latest 1417 and the incubusCamd is still working.... it kept the .conf file intact.
Did you solve the DTS audio problem cause doesnt matter what settings i choose stil no 5.1 DTS sound

pr2
15-03-2009, 10:35 AM
Hi,

With firmware 0.9.1473, don't perform a reset to default factory settings or your Incubus will no longer work! Something is broken when you do this that prevent incubus or Mbox from working properly. Re-installing OpenXCAS didn't solve it.

For me the latest valid firmware so far is the 0.9.1387.

Be carefull that between 0.9.1314 and 0.9.1387 the channels.dat format has changed, so if you get stuck in 0.9.1314 and create favorites you will need to restart everything from scratch when you will upgrade your firmware version.
So my advice is rather to work with 0.9.1387.

Pr2

Yoda
16-03-2009, 03:26 PM
format application area

Can someone explain how this is done ???

pr2
16-03-2009, 05:11 PM
Hello Yoda,

When you start the box with a USB key plugged in that has the file: patch.bin in its root you will be promped with several possibility.

- Flash from USB
- Format application partition
- boot without updating

There you can select format application partition.

Be carefull if you do so before installing firmware 0.9.1473 you will no longer have access to FTP (another bug of firmware 0.9.1473).

So if you really want to go to 0.9.1473 (don't format the application partition and don't perform a reset to default factory settings).

Pr2

valerica
16-03-2009, 06:06 PM
Hi ,
I just used putty , connected and got access FTP or SSH with firmware 0.9.1473 in my Premium . Also incubus is working fine after default reset .

Cheers ,
Val .

pr2
17-03-2009, 07:40 PM
Hello Valerica,

Following your comment (and another positive feedback elsewhere) I give a second chance to firmware 0.9.1473 and indeed it works fine.
I, of course, also try the reset to default factory settings and indeed Incubus is still working.

I guess I download a corrupted firmware because this time I use it from another "safe" source and it works.

Sorry for the confusion created in the Azbox community.

Pr2