PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question on DM800

dazzling
15-03-2009, 03:19 AM
Hi All,

Have a setup with Diablo at the moment and just about good enough for EPL footy BUT seems time is ticking away before nothing will clear.

I am quite tech savy (a web programmer BUT never used Unix).

I am a bit confused. I see the Unix boxes are based on CS BUT I see reference to CCcam here and on CS service providers (sites providing a subscription of their CS for say £140 a year).

Is there not any way of getting keys etc. for Sly packages or do you have to go down the route of paying someone for these CS server services?

Cheers

Dice Man
15-03-2009, 04:11 AM
The vast majority of dreambox users don't use payservers - they share their own official cards between themselves.

I have been over to the dark side :frown: and it's all bad - terrible service, freezing channels, dodgy people around - don't go there.

I stand to be corrected but i don't think you'll open anything extra with keys on a dreambox that a Diablo opens at present.

harshy
15-03-2009, 09:21 AM
Hi All,

Have a setup with Diablo at the moment and just about good enough for EPL footy BUT seems time is ticking away before nothing will clear.

I am quite tech savy (a web programmer BUT never used Unix).

I am a bit confused. I see the Unix boxes are based on CS BUT I see reference to CCcam here and on CS service providers (sites providing a subscription of their CS for say £140 a year).

Is there not any way of getting keys etc. for Sly packages or do you have to go down the route of paying someone for these CS server services?

Cheers

The best way is to get a few friends, share in a s** HD sub and share it this way, using CS servers is bad news really.

dazzling
15-03-2009, 10:10 AM
The vast majority of dreambox users don't use payservers - they share their own official cards between themselves.

I have been over to the dark side :frown: and it's all bad - terrible service, freezing channels, dodgy people around - don't go there.

I stand to be corrected but i don't think you'll open anything extra with keys on a dreambox that a Diablo opens at present.

Thanks. I am confused though as I have read (and seen from the know advised dodgy card sharing websites) that they clear a LOT more than Diablo include Sly and Sly Italia for example.

If they do no more than Diablo I won't bother as £400 not cheap.

Cheers

dazzling
15-03-2009, 10:17 AM
The best way is to get a few friends, share in a s** HD sub and share it this way, using CS servers is bad news really.

Thanks. Let's say my friends are only Sly subscribers with standard Sky boxes (basically not into this scene). Could I say buy a digit*al sub and share this using DM800 with people here and in return get other packages such as Sly?

Cheers

Dice Man
15-03-2009, 06:27 PM
Thanks. Let's say my friends are only Sly subscribers with standard Sky boxes (basically not into this scene). Could I say buy a digit*al sub and share this using DM800 with people here and in return get other packages such as Sly?

Cheers

Not sure where your friends enter into the equation here with standard non-sharing boxes, but the answer is yes to the 2nd question.