PDA

View Full Version : Finding TomTom Device ID ?

Coppull Buster
18-03-2009, 08:11 AM
Im about to try to add a new map to my Tomtom XL, but I'm making sure I've got all the things I need to do it first before I start..

I think Ive got everything I need except my "Device ID"..

Please could somebody point me in the right direction??

Reading the instruction, it says to touch the bottom right of the screen to reveal device ID but when I do that, I just get the "Status summary" screen.. There is a version number 8.010 on this screen, but I know this is not the device ID..

Many thanks in advance..

********************************* *********** UPDATE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

I was too quick to scream for help, I've just found it !!!!!!!!

Any mods checking this post, please could you delete it..

Thanks again... Buster

satpaul
18-03-2009, 08:20 AM
easiest way is open the ttgo.bif with notepad and its in there:respect-059:

Russell1
18-03-2009, 09:04 AM
Reading the instruction, it says to touch the bottom right of the screen to reveal device ID but when I do that, I just get the "Status summary" screen.. There is a version number 8.010 on this screen, but I know this is not the device ID..

Many thanks in advance..

I know you've found it now, but to find the DeviceID using the method you tried is to tap the screen again in the small box that shows the version number.

Coppull Buster
18-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Thanks Russell1, thats how I found my ID in the end... (easy when you know how)

Do you know which version maps I can use with my Tomtom?

My status screen shows :-

App 8.010 (9369/080529) OS:190943
GPS v1.21, Boot 5.3026
Map: "United_Kingdom_and_Republic_of_Ir eland" v675.1409

I would like to get an updated UK map, also I want to add a USA map onto my SD card. I have a 2GB SD card, so I have enough space for maps..

Coppull Buster
18-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Ive managed to load a USA & Canada map onto my SD card now, with patched ttsystem file etc. It boots up ok and I can select the USA map on screen, and it appears to work, but obviously because Im not actually in the states at the minute I cant test properly, but it will let me select destinations etc etc so i presume its working..

OK, now that Im getting my head round this, I would like a more up to date UK map, I dont suppose you know what the most up to date map is for my device/navcore version? And where I can lay my hands on a copy?

Russell1
19-03-2009, 12:36 AM
With v8.010 the latest map you can use is the v825.2159 map - you'll find a link to it along with activation guide etc here -
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104228

Coppull Buster
19-03-2009, 02:47 PM
**************UPDATE************* *****

I've managed to get the USA map onto my TomTom and working now...

Have also put the latest v825.2159 UK & Ireland map on as well and all appears to be working now...

I seem to be getting the hang of it now lol

Thanks for all your help & advice Russell1.. Much appreciated mate!