PDA

View Full Version : DM800 which image loader

david77
18-03-2009, 08:38 PM
I have a new DM800 which image loader do I use.
I am using dreambox tools v2 and I get the error message,
This is not supported on DM7020. can anyone help?

sonic1
18-03-2009, 08:41 PM
How to flash dm by Dream multimedia HERE (http://www.dream-multimedia-tv.de/dm800/eng_browser.php)

david77
18-03-2009, 11:03 PM
Sorry Sonic1 it is taking to long to flash on the web.
I have tried using flash ****** pro 6.3 on multi boot or flash memory.
But the error message said
multi boot disabled:
unable to install : no device found, or all disabled.

Armsoft
18-03-2009, 11:30 PM
david
You can`t use flash**** on the dm800 it does not work

I was having the same problem with trying to use the web interface and I have still not been successful with it.

I was reccomended to try Dream*p with a nul serial cable, but that has not worked for me either.

If your getting it flashing (uploading) through the web interface i would persevere with it, but if your getting DNS error when trying to upload the image then your having the same issue as me.

Sonic is the expert on here, and dream media advise on setting a fixed ip to the box, I`ve not tried it yet, but as the makers of the box I`m sure thats the way to go.

Good luck with it, if you manage to get it flashed let me kno how you did it and I might just give it a try.

sonic1
18-03-2009, 11:33 PM
Where have you read to use FWpro ?
I am telling you how to flash your box so read and do it.

loveman
19-03-2009, 09:28 AM
I would guess he's read about flashing dreamboxes in general in regards to flashwiz, but as he's found out, it doesn't work.

Just follow instructions posted by sonic. As long as you have a router which handles dhcp, and you're connecting the box to that router, you'll have no problems.

If you're doing it via internet connection sharing on a pc, then that's where you'll get in to problems.

Post any problems you're getting, and how your dm800 is connecting to a network, and we can sort it!