PDA

View Full Version : HDMI settings and Home Theatre? HELP!!!

goran
19-03-2009, 04:30 AM
Hi, guys!

Bought a Panasonic TH-42PZ80B plasma telly [GB and Ireland version]. Moved to Sweden. Figured out now that it has no options that EU models have: choose your country, language, time zone etc. EPG is not working then etc.

Now I bought a Blue-ray Disk Player BD35 and Home Theatre receiver SA-BX500 in Sweden.

Viera Link ON in all 3 pieces of equipment. Working well in terms of controlling other pieces via the same remote and how they are connected. Home Theatre is "on" [in telly settings]. BD35 has all to do with HDMI "on" and - no sound!!! I hope I sorted the receiver settings well, too...

However, if I choose the TV speakers in the telly settings [and not the Home Theatre, surround sound ones] - the sound is on but from the telly only. Can't get the other 4 speakers for love or money... Besides, Panasonic gold plated HDMI cables. Tested one in the shop. Count that out!

Couldn't get the sound from my Acer laptop with HDMI port, when connected to the telly directly, either...

I tried the auto setup, the bit by bit setup [by the book!], with the microphone or - whatever... When I test the speakers, they are well connected, make the white noise but there's no "surround sound..".

Btw, I have 4 speakers attached to a 7.1 HT machine but that doesn't seem to be a problem when I test them.

I'm starting to pull my hair, guys...

Different HDMI standards [it seems that either the Home Theatre reciver or telly supports 1.0 and the latest is 1.3 - BD has it now, I updated it online]?

I missed some trick in the settings?

WTF? HEEEELPPP, please?!!

:toetap05:

P.S. DivX is poorly supported, as most compressed stuff can't be played in the BD player... Grrrr...:mad:

goran
19-03-2009, 12:11 PM
Unplugging is a very sophisticated way of dealing with all of those many menus... submenus... and sub-submenus...

And it works as it was supposed to!!!:respect-050:

[Blimey!!!!:respect-applause-00]

[[...and the AZboxHD is here, too... yoooo-hoooo!!!!:lurk5::respect-057::cup-006:]]

AJR
19-03-2009, 12:15 PM
the AZboxHD is here, too

Nice one goran :D

goran
19-03-2009, 01:29 PM
Brrrrrr.... can't see a thing with DiSEqC 1.1... What are the settings? Must check Yoda's first...

Cheers!:respect-048: