PDA

View Full Version : Installing Skins

rruunneerr
19-03-2009, 10:07 PM
Hi there,

can somebody please advise how I can transfer a downloaded skin (HD Glass) to my DM800 and install?

Thanks in advance.

Kev

dubious
19-03-2009, 10:44 PM
FTP the complete unzipped folder to /share/enigma2/

then go to the menu>setup>system>skin and choose your skin from there.

rruunneerr
19-03-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi,

do you have to change chmod?

I cant see that option within FTPZilla.

Cheers

dubious
19-03-2009, 10:52 PM
you shouldn't need to chmod

with filezilla to chmod right click on the file and select 'file attributes'

rruunneerr
19-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Hi I have FTPZilla and I can't see that option.

Anyway just selected the HD glass and the DM800 wont start now, it just keeps saying starting and the N spinning?

Any suggestions?

rruunneerr
19-03-2009, 11:04 PM
Since installing HD Glass as advised, my DM800 won't start up, clearly their is something wrong with the skin.

Is there a way to get the box back to the default nabilo v0.9 skin to save me reinstalling the image?

I really would appreciate any simple soloutions for fixing this.

Kev.

dubious
19-03-2009, 11:08 PM
I think maybe you're being just a little impatient as it takes a while to load but all you need to do is delete the folder and reboot at worst.

rruunneerr
19-03-2009, 11:14 PM
Hi many thanks for your help so far.

I did leave it for quite sometime, but nothing it just keeps spinning around the N, then stops when I try to press the remote it just starts spinning for ages again.

How can i access the folder again through FTPZilla when the box has not started?

I don't think it will connect to the box now.

Cheers,

Kev.

dubious
19-03-2009, 11:18 PM
You should still be able to FTP, even though e2 hasn't completed loading linux is still running

canthackit
20-03-2009, 07:24 AM
Hi

if your using the HD-Glass i posted in the plugins section it's the orginal i got from nabilosat and it works 100%

the way i installed it> uncompress the file transfer the folder to usr/share/enigma2> go to menu>setup>skins it'll be listed select it and reboot.

regards: canthackit

rruunneerr
20-03-2009, 08:46 AM
Hi thanks for your support.

Your how to is exactly what I did, I transferred the folder via FTPZilla to the correct location described previously.

I then went to the DM800 Menu Set up skins and selected it, click on yes install and the box rebooted, thats were the problems starts. It just hangs for ages at the start up screen, every now and again the circle will spin around the N and then nothing, no keys on the remote will work.

Can you suggest why this is as I would like to have this skin as I'm not to keen on the default one?

Cheers,

Kev.

sonic1
20-03-2009, 12:51 PM
The files you sent over will need the attributes changing
Chmod all files and folders 755 and it will work.

Dean sat
20-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Works 100%
All the best Dean.

dubious
20-03-2009, 02:17 PM
The files you sent over will need the attributes changing
Chmod all files and folders 755 and it will work.

Have to disagree with you there m8, chmod to 755 is for making a file(s) executable ie, emu or script, nothing executable within the skin afaik, i've tried both ways in the past and it makes no difference at all.

I just ftp the skin folder over select from the menu and voila, I have noticed though that first time loading of this skin takes a little longer than others at least on my 8k.

rruunneerr
20-03-2009, 02:17 PM
Hi,

i'm using FTPZilla and I don't see an option to change the chmod, there is nothing to do with Properites or attributes.

Can somebody explain clearly how to change the chmod value with using FTPZilla?

Thank you and sorry for being a pain.

canthackit
20-03-2009, 05:18 PM
i agree with dubious, i've never set the attributes on these type of files and everything installs and works fine, so in my humble opinion dont waste your time looking mate.

rruunneerr
20-03-2009, 06:25 PM
Hi all.

I've sorted it now, I downloaded cuteFTP instead and that gave the option to change the permission setting to 755.

All is working ok now.

Thanks for all your advice.

sonic1
20-03-2009, 07:57 PM
Hi all.

I've sorted it now, I downloaded cuteFTP instead and that gave the option to change the permission setting to 755.

All is working ok now.

Thanks for all your advice.

Not disagreeing with dubious or canthackit but that's what worked for me.

I agree that they are not executable files but all the default files and folders are chmod 755 so I assume there is a reason?

Good to see you have it sorted.

canthackit
21-03-2009, 09:08 AM
:biggrinjester:

i stand corrected mate.