PDA

View Full Version : 3 flashing dots on a Humax

Franner
21-03-2009, 01:18 PM
hi all i know that if i reload new channel settings its supposed to cure this problem but the problem i have is the computer will no longer recognise the humax to load new settings any help apreciated its driving me mad .Regards Franner

chrishellis
21-03-2009, 01:47 PM
@ Franner

r u using humbox ver 4.1 to update settings

then come back

rgds
chris

jimrare
21-03-2009, 01:53 PM
Check your cable

Franner
21-03-2009, 02:07 PM
the cable is perfect i was using 4.1 aswell but its still not letting me in.

Gone_Fishing
21-03-2009, 02:18 PM
Turn your humax off at the back then click the send settings in Humbox when you get message "waiting for humax connection" turn humax on at the back and download should start

TNT

baz
21-03-2009, 03:42 PM
You need to just load in new channel settings using xoak or humbox. Edit the channels you want or don't want, then upload to your humax. keep the receiver off, then when u get message "waiting for humax connection" switch on receiver from the back.

Franner
21-03-2009, 03:49 PM
tried everything lads still no joy im baffled

jimrare
21-03-2009, 04:51 PM
So you are getting the "waiting for humax connection" bo nothing happens. Have you selected the right com port? Is your cable a null modem or is it just a serial cable? How did you check your cable is working perfectly?

Franner
21-03-2009, 06:07 PM
i programmed it last night with no problems and it went off while i was watching it last night first H-208 comes up then RA and then the 3 dots but nothing else happens. All i get is waiting for Humax connection and nothing else happens. would the box be damaged internally thats what im thinking ive been patching the humax and putting settings on it now for almost 8 years so i no im doing it right. thanks to all who took the time to reply Fran.

voith driver
22-03-2009, 11:24 PM
att jimrare,
i can't count how many times my thumb comes up to squash that ruddy bug before i realise.

hi franner,
working on your replies on this problem, and following your last reply that you were actually watching when it went awry, providing that you were not doing any editing on screen, my thoughts would be to check out the psu, it would be the natural progression to fault finding, after all the good advice that has been given before.

hope this helps
voith

Franner
23-03-2009, 11:53 AM
ive ordered a new psu today ive nothing to loose its served me well the Humax. I will let you all know how i get on many thanks to everyone who has had an input on this thread i apreciate the help. Franner

voith driver
23-03-2009, 10:55 PM
hi franner,
i hope that is the answer, i would have been happier for you to have tested it or at least looked for obvious faults before buying, but as you say it is not too much of an expense and it is a failure point anyway

good luck
voith

Franner
05-04-2009, 03:10 PM
sorry again lads i replaced the psu and still the same problem im getting the message. Access violation at address 01882832 in module FV3DLL.DLL read of address 4e83987b. i wasnt getting this the last time and im useing humbox 4.1 many thanks Fran. any help apreciated.

voith driver
05-04-2009, 04:25 PM
hi franner,
i can not refer to the exact error message that comes up, but i used to get a similar message when i put the wrong hnf file in, as an example, pet puts out a original file that counted to upwards of 6000 channels, as the humax only handles 4000 including radio it would throw up a error, so this might be worth checking, also I use/used both humbox 4.1 and smartsuite if i got an error with one I would try the other.

sorry to read that the psu did not do the trick,

hope the above helps
voith

baztheblade
05-04-2009, 09:02 PM
hi all i know that if i reload new channel settings its supposed to cure this problem but the problem i have is the computer will no longer recognise the humax to load new settings any help apreciated its driving me mad .Regards Franner

Hi Franner, had the same problem with the three dots tried loading new channel setting and got error messages but after reading varios post on the subject i loaded the modified pet settings and :Bingo: works perfect.:respect-050:

Franner
06-04-2009, 04:28 PM
well lads i have to say a big thank you to you all i finally got it going it. It will only accept genuine pet settings that i edit why i dont no i always just loaded astra and hotbird but today i installed the motor settings from 45E to 45w and bingo it worked MANY THANKS TO EVERYONE . Fran