PDA

View Full Version : Map of Spain for Tomtom One

bonehead
21-03-2009, 07:05 PM
Has anyone got a map of Spain that will work on a Tomtom One for my lad who off to Spain in a couple of weeks?

Regards,
Bonehead

Russell1
21-03-2009, 08:34 PM
Will have a look around for you - what is the latest map version he can use (or what version of Navcore has he got) ?

bonehead
21-03-2009, 09:14 PM
The map he is using is v660.1199 UK and R of Ireland software says version 7.903 the device is a couple of year old now.He is going to Spain at Easter and going to hire a car to get around but he does not know he was from the airport to where he is staying.Many thanks Russell 1 for your help.
Regards,
Bonehead

Russell1
21-03-2009, 10:33 PM
Have a look here -
https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104228
You can upgrade his UK & RoI map to V825.2159 (link in the first post)

Iberia v825.2159 map

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CD5L348J

bonehead
22-03-2009, 03:48 PM
Thanks Russell1 it works a treat mate,do you know if there is a post code file that will work on this map?
Much appreciated for the map at least he now has an idea where he is going.

Regards,
Bonehead

baz
22-03-2009, 06:33 PM
i have a tom tom one version 3 and it has great britian / ireland and western europe on it. i keep up to date with mapshare. what i want to know is if i delete gb and ireland ( not enough room for iberia maps in memory and no memory card slot )and put the map with only spain and portugal on will it give me any more than i already have, what i mean is more detail as in more up to date road changes and new roads added etc or does my western europe map do just as much. btw i am never in uk or ireland , only spain and portugal
thanks baz

Russell1
22-03-2009, 07:36 PM
Thanks Russell1 it works a treat mate,do you know if there is a post code file that will work on this map?
Much appreciated for the map at least he now has an idea where he is going.

Regards,
Bonehead

Never seen any postcode files for Iberia (only UK & NL).

Russell1
22-03-2009, 07:39 PM
i have a tom tom one version 3 and it has great britian / ireland and western europe on it. i keep up to date with mapshare. what i want to know is if i delete gb and ireland ( not enough room for iberia maps in memory and no memory card slot )and put the map with only spain and portugal on will it give me any more than i already have, what i mean is more detail as in more up to date road changes and new roads added etc or does my western europe map do just as much. btw i am never in uk or ireland , only spain and portugal
thanks baz

If your map is the latest Western Europe map then the map details for Spain & Portugal will be the same, but if it's the UK & RoI plus major roads of Western Europe then it will have less road details - try browsing the map & zoom in on an area you know to see how detailed it is.