PDA

View Full Version : sly+HD - 3 month waiting list!!

gman
24-03-2009, 09:12 PM
just 'registered' for sky HD and can't believe there's a 3 month waiting list. The sales agent wouldn't admit that there was a short supply of boxes, but that all the engineers in my area were extremely busy!!!!!

bit gutted 'cos got a good deal through work. £29 for the box, free fitting and 1months sub free.

anyone else experiencing the same wait, or got any tips on how to speed things up??? not been with them for 12months yet so i cant even use the old "cancelling my subscription" trick!!

G.

snaps
25-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Did you go to sky themselves or an independent installer? Perhaps all the HD boxes are being shipped over here to Ireland if they are in short supply in the UK?

Sky Ireland are quoting higher waiting times for customers. But independent installers can have them up & running here in less than a week (Just the wait for the smart card)

Dark Cloud
25-03-2009, 08:36 AM
Finlay's, the Northern Ireland installers, have no problems at the moment. And, I know they do work in the Republic of Ireland.

TheBadger
25-03-2009, 08:52 AM
:mad: Bah, I've got them coming today - paid £49. No wonder there's such a big list if they've dropped the price to £29. Always happens to me.:o10:

gman
25-03-2009, 08:38 PM
£29 is a promo price through work. i've got to use a promo code that i'd love to post but it's apparently unique to me!! hence also why i've had to go directly through sky.

i will however post the code once i've used it, just incase it isn't as 'unique' as work say it is.

have also been reading that even though you're quoted 3 months initially, the majority only seem to be waiting around 3 2eeks, which will do me!!

grin2
25-03-2009, 08:55 PM
i had mine installed a few weeks ago. ordered on the sunday and it was installed by friday. same at mum in laws, less than 2 weeks. they quote longer to save people keep ringing up. 'YOU SAID 3/4 WEEKS! BLAH BLAH BLAH!

dont think you will be long. i figured that less than a tenner a month for 30+ hd channels was as cheap as a diablo and cas3 without any guarantee that your channels will last.
i know you get digitalb as well with diablo, but i got ****ed off with the lack of info about programmes when i had an official sub. dont miss it at all and prob wouldnt watch it if it went fta.

keith mawer
26-03-2009, 03:59 PM
grin or anyone ( NO DIGITALB OK),, be really honest.... ok ,,,,,,,,,,
i dont have hd *( just a rear proj 50" toshiba)...
are u REALLY happy with the sly picture quality???????
whats stopping me is
1.NEW HD TV 2. A NEW WOODEN STAND I HAVE SEEN
3. BLUERAY AND SPEAKERS.
PS I DO HAVE A SLY+ STANDARD RECEIVER...

RABBY
26-03-2009, 09:01 PM
Had the SKY HD Full package for a long time now ?? Nothing beats it:respect-048:

P.S A lot of the programmes are upscalled [ MOVIES] ?? I Watch [Discovery HD , Nat Geo ect ect ] Most + Sports ,Superb Quality picture:)

gman
26-03-2009, 09:02 PM
i've just set up my 40" sammy series 6. now that i've seen hd on it via bluray and also the upscaling from the dvd player & ps3, that's the reason for me getting slyHD. it's got to be better than SD.

seems a bit of a waste having a hd tv when the only hd you can watch has to be via bluray!

i've seen slyHD on the series 6, and if im honest it does look sh!t hot, on the 40" anyway!

RABBY
26-03-2009, 09:13 PM
gman

ITV HD Is also Watchable on the SKY HD BOX [ Look here ]Nothing on the now ? :respect-048:

https://www.satpimps.co.uk/showthread.php?t=104397

gman
26-03-2009, 10:15 PM
thanks rabby, interesting read, looking even more forward to getting the HD box now!!

keith mawer
27-03-2009, 11:39 AM
tnks for replies.. i didnt realise itv hd was on the sly ...

RABBY
27-03-2009, 10:26 PM
keith mawer

This is on the now on ITV HD [Thanks to wowwow ] For the Info?? Upscalling in progress ?? I will see what the [ The Coal Miner’s Daughter ] Is any better:respect-050: Football next week should be better quality:king-041:

[ Friday 27th March 2009
Moving Wallpaper (drama) - 9.00pm to 9.30pm
Nancy insists that Jonathan produces a trailer for the press visit in the morning - which means the whole production team are forced to work through the night. As they set about brainstorming, fuelled by caffeine, everything descends into chaos. But as morning breaks, there is still worse to come.

Friday 27th March 2009
The Coal Miner’s Daughter (film) - 11.35pm
Heartwarming rags-to-riches biopic of country singer Loretta Lynn. The film traces the superstar’s life from her humble beginnings in a tumbledown shack in Kentucky to huge success, marital discord and a battle against drug addiction. Star Sissy Spacek, who performs all the songs herself, won a Best Actress Oscar.

RABBY
28-03-2009, 12:46 AM
ITV HD ?? On the now!!!!!!!

applematt
28-03-2009, 03:55 AM
Have the full sky hd + Broadband - I was paying £22 for broadband and £15 for newsgroup access - This is better than sliced Bread! http://i40.tinypic.com/msg03t.jpghttp://i43.tinypic.com/b65402.jpg

spud
28-03-2009, 09:22 AM
ITVHD isn't available on all SKYHD boxes yet. only the early Thomson ones.
It will be A WHILE before all HD boxes have the new EPG which
will then allow you to get ITVHD

gman
16-04-2009, 10:45 PM
after 4 weeks my order tracking still shows 3 months until i can place my order!!! have even rang sly and really doeesn't seem to be nothing i can do to get them to speed it up. bit of a joke really!!

joany
17-04-2009, 09:23 AM
I had full Sly subscription (won in competition) upto December, when it expired. Since then I've got a TM 6900 HD combo super with diablo cam. Firstly, whilst the sly box was more convenient I'm excited by the 'dodgy' nature of the setup and the reprogramming when the keys expire.

I also have a 40" samsung series 6 tv and the image quality is amazing. The TM also improves the quality of sd tv by upscaling. The tm wipes the floor with both my Humax pvr9200T and the old sky+ box which both are quite pixelated.It also gives a better picture than the DTT built into the tv itself.

With a bit of forward planning I can make sure there is always a decent movie taped and there are many docu channels as well.

I am dreading the time when we lose the scandinavian channels on 1W but I'm sure this will just force me to dig deeper and see what hidden gems there are still to be discovered.

Once again thanks to the programming guys who allow us to continue watching our dodgy channels.

BOOGIBEAR
20-04-2009, 05:19 PM
what's a seies 6,is that the 1 with A 1080P,please forgive me but ime not well versed in the HD department,:cheers2:

joany
20-04-2009, 07:40 PM
It's just a series 6 samsung LE40A656A1F , the one with the rose black surround. It is fullHD rather than HD ready and the picture is amazing.

I think there is a series 7 and 8 since I bought mine but I don't know what the differences are.

chippy
20-04-2009, 08:10 PM
hi guys, last week i ordered a sky hd box, like other people i havent heard a dickie bird yet. im afraid i only have a bog standard hd ready tv as opposed to a full hd tv. do you think that i will not notice much difference between hd and sd when i finally get hd. im afraid finances wont stretch to a new tv yet. thanks for any advice chippy.

gman
09-06-2009, 08:15 PM
atlast!!! i've completed my order (registered on 23/03!!!) also managed to get free sports off them for 3 months! having it fitted on saturday and looking forward to it!!!